For details, please see the Terms & Conditions associated with these promotions. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more. Are you certain this article is inappropriate? %���� Then one in a thousand. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. “Work fast,” someone was constantly urging. Please try again. I kept thinking the ending would slow down, but it sped up and raced to the final, satisfying, conclusion. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. If it available for your country it will shown as book reader and user fully subscribe will benefit by having full. It's always fun to read Larry Niven books, Copyright © 2017 Blind Hypnosis | All Rights Reserved, Tim Hamner, Eileen Hamner, Harvey Randall, Arthur Jellison, Henry Armitage, science fiction, fiction, apocalyptic, post apocalyptic, science fiction, apocalyptic, seduction. rating Ratings. We have new and used copies available, in 7 editions - starting at $ Shop now/5(2). Reproduction Date: Lucifer's Hammer is a post-apocalyptic science fiction novel by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, first published in 1977. --Veronica Chapman, Senior Editor <>/Metadata 272 0 R/ViewerPreferences 273 0 R>> This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. For the survivors, everyone's nightmare becomes true/5. The story is initially set in southern California with an emphasis on the Pasadena-Glendale-Burbank-Tujunga area and the San Fernando Valley. Reviewed in the United States on October 3, 2014, I first read this book back in 1988 or so, found it at the pool in our motel. A wise man invented patience. While doctors and farmers are still valuable, lawyers are unnecessary, but if civilization is to be rebuilt, scientific knowledge is the most valuable skill of all. "The first satisfying end-of-the-world novel in years an ultimate one massively entertaining." Not price-clipped. It’s a dog eat dog world post strike. Lucifer's Hammer is a post-apocalyptic science fiction novel by Larry Niven and Jerry story details a cometary impact on Earth that causes the end of civilization as we know it, as well as the struggle to survive in the face of tsunamis, starvation, disease, a new ice age, and an army of cannibals in order to rebuild society.. --Cleveland Plain-Dealer The gigantic comet had slammed into Earth, forging earthquakes a thousand times too powerful to measure on the Richter scale, tidal waves thousands of feet high. It was nominated for the Hugo Award for Best Novel in 1978. �O��M���*�*�o�c�Ĥ�IJ$���Xn����H:�1��:�x���cV�R�7���Z�*Yn�9h�ťa*�ްJ"�(�8�UzR0�Y����Ѳ��*��ԫƵ��Z �2�Y�m������_8��@��H�n��p�,��U8I�λ0 The story details a comet impacting on Earth, an end to civilization, and the battle for the future. Lucifer's Hammer Summary & Study Guide Description. Please try your request again later. A brilliant read with lots of different characters involved with so many different survival stories. These promotions will be applied to this item: Some promotions may be combined; others are not eligible to be combined with other offers. The first edition of the novel was published in May 1987, and was written by Larry Niven. There will be room for lots more years and eons of hope, if practice is begun in prudent time, before Lucifer's cruel Hammer makes all hope futile. Keeps you going throughout and was probably the catalyst to so many film versions. Please try again. But for the terrified men and women chance had saved, it was also the dawn of a new struggle for survival--a struggle more dangerous and challenging than any they had ever known.... To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Cracking 70s sci fi (with hints of climate fiction thrown in), Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 5, 2019. okay, it's incredibly misognynistic and of its time. %PDF-1.7 To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. Something went wrong. Lucifer’s Hammer August 31, 2020 “The perversity of the Universe tends towards a maximum.” “The gods do not protect fools. This book had me so engrossed that I missed my exit a few times. Lucifer's hammer Item Preview remove-circle Share or Embed This Item. Jellison forms the centerpost of these fiefs, dubbed "the Stronghold," where he presides over a small population of survivors who wish to retain civilization.