Right-hander Ricky Knapp, an eighth-round pick in 2013 out of Florida Gulf Coast University, earned Eastern League Pitcher of the Week honor. Dublin (Dundrum) Tel: 01 - 296 5511 Movies. RBIs: David Thompson, St. Lucie, 92; Dominic Smith, Binghamton, 88; Travis Taijeron, Vegas, 85; T.J. Rivera, Vegas, 81; Johnny Monell, Vegas, 72. Binghamton infielder Phillip Evans is hitting .328, which is two points shy of Portland’s Aneury Tavarez for the Eastern League batting title. “The Mets have always just preached to me: Grind out a hit. “We definitely did make fun of it, especially with J.D. Davis about being on the sign-stealing Astros. Dom Smith is a writer and editor, known for The Dom Reviews (2014), Bad Movie Beatdown (2009) and A Voice from the Dark (2019). View Dominic Smith’s profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. Ty Kelly had been listed as a participant with Israel, but he instead is expected to be joining the Mets when rosters expand Thursday. Grind out a hit. What to Watch Latest Trailers IMDb TV IMDb Originals IMDb Picks. For Davis, it seems that punishment has come in some good-natured group text messages. We welcome him with open arms, him and Jake (Marisnick, who also played for the Astros). “J.D. That situation is what it is. An opportunity got put on a tee Wednesday afternoon and Dom Smith didn’t miss. Binghamton, which recently clinched its first losing season since 2012, wraps up play Monday. “Being in the Futures Game was so surreal,” Smith said. “They always said power is the last tool to develop. “JD has a ton of cheat sheets… you know what I’m saying?”, – Dom Smith on his teammate/2017 World Series Champion, JD Davis pic.twitter.com/WL7WJnw14O. It sucks for the people affected by it. St. Lucie will have to earn its berth. As for the Futures Game, Smith started at first base and went 0-for-4 with an RBI for the U.S. squad, which lost 11-3 at Petco Park in San Diego. He also played at Minute Maid Park in Houston during Team USA trials. I played on the field with some of the best minor leaguers in the world, and a bunch of those guys are taking the next step.”. He needs 25 plate appearances in the final six games to qualify for the leaderboard. You know trash can GIFs and just fun little things like that. I definitely think I built on last year and just try to continuously improve every year.”. Conlon, St. Lucie, 11; Casey Delgado, St. Lucie, 11; Tyler Pill, Binghamton, 10. He has 358 plate appearances since joining the B-Mets. I just took a moment to look around and say, ‘Wow. has a ton of cheat sheets … you know what I’m saying?” Smith said from left field before they all laughed. It’s a new season here, and he’s a part of us. Thanks for contacting us. At the peak of their illegal sign-stealing program in 2017,... Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Sitemap This is why I worked so hard -- for this moment right here.’ I really enjoyed myself. Homers: Johnny Monell, Vegas, 19; Travis Taijeron, Vegas, 19; Dominic Smith, Binghamton, 14; Dilson Herrera, Vegas, 13; Marc Krauss, Vegas, 13. He pitches on Wednesday. Because he was drafted in 2013, Smith does not need to be added to the 40-man roster this winter. Mets farmhands Champ Stuart and Blake Taylor will represent Great Britain and Tyler Herron and Josh Zeid will represent Israel in a World Baseball Classic qualifying tournament at Brooklyn’s MCU Park Sept. 22-25. St. Lucie, which last appeared in the postseason in 2012, has not missed the playoffs in four consecutive years in the franchise’s 29-year existence. Evans has another obstacle, too. So I think if I can consistently make hard contact and put the ball in play a lot, my power numbers will continue to improve as I get older and stronger.”. We send them all in there. In 27 games in August, Smith is hitting .374/.462/.535. St. Lucie (36-28) leads Jupiter (36-29) by a half-game in the Florida State League South second-half standings. This is the final 2016 installment. And because he has not yet been exposed to Triple-A Las Vegas, he likely is ticketed for the Pacific Coast League to open 2017. “You’re in a big-league stadium, a big-league city, and you have 40,000 people in the stands. Still, considering Lucas Duda’s uncertain status due to a stress fracture in his lower back, it seems probable that Smith will make his major league debut at some point next season. It’s not too soon for the Mets to troll J.D. Brooklyn right-hander Harol Gonzalez has a league-leading 81 strikeouts in 74⅓ innings, along with a league-leading 1.57 ERA. This winter, after reports initially came out about the Astros using electronics to illegally steal signs and relay them via trash cans, Davis denied knowing anything about it. Those could not rival the Futures Game experience, though. Any amount he is shy of the required 383 PAs will be counted as hitless at-bats toward batting-crown consideration. Strikeouts: Joe Shaw, Columbia, 134; Tyler Pill, Binghamton, 127; Chase Ingram, Columbia, 126; Kevin Canelon, Columbia, 112; Ricky Knapp, Binghamton, 110. Corey Oswalt returned from a shoulder ailment and retired all four batters he faced for St. Lucie last Thursday. Smith entered this season with only 10 professional homers in 1,090 at-bats, but the feeling always had been the power numbers would improve as he matured. Menu. While the Mets played the Cardinals on ESPN, Smith, Davis and Jeff McNeil were mic’d up and chatting with the broadcast booth. Dom Smith, Writer: The Dom Reviews. Dominic has 12 jobs listed on their profile. We just made a light joke of it. Gonzalez has a shot. “We kind of had an idea of some of the things they were doing. We all do crazy workouts in the offseason and we just send little pictures wearing stuff while we’re working out just to tease him a little bit.”, Yankee from Staten Island has a dog named Jeter, THE BEST INSIGHTS FROM THE ULTIMATE INSIDERS, Blue Rush: A NY Giants Podcast An opportunity got put on a tee Wednesday afternoon and Dom Smith didn’t miss. Oswalt had been sidelined since mid-June. Brazil and Pakistan round out the four-team tournament. Average: Brandon Nimmo, Vegas, .351; T.J. Rivera, Vegas, .347; Gavin Cecchini, Vegas, .330; Ricardo Cespedes, Kingsport, .327; Carlos Sanchez, GCL Mets, .321; Amed Rosario, Binghamton, .316; Phillip Evans, Binghamton, .314; Reed Gamache, Kingsport, .302; Dominic Smith, Binghamton, .301. Conlon, St. Lucie, 1.71; Sixto Torres, Kingsport, 2.43; Ricky Knapp, Binghamton, 2.56; Merandy Gonzalez, Brooklyn, 3.03; Kevin Canelon, Columbia, 3.56; Gabriel Llanes, Brooklyn, 3.62; Chris Flexen, St. Lucie, 3.70; Jordan Humphreys, Kingsport, 3.76; Gabriel Ynoa, Vegas, 3.97. Slick-fielding first baseman Dominic Smith earned the Florida State League’s Player of the Year honor in 2015. We love those guys, and we hope they can help us win a World Series.”. Terms of Use In Triple-A, Nimmo (.351) has a four-point lead over teammate T.J. Rivera (.347) for the Pacific Coast League batting crown. A bunch of those players went on and played in this league and are doing really well. Gonzalez then is lined up to piggyback Justin Dunn in Monday’s season finale, after the first-round pick logs the opening three innings. Steals: Champ Stuart, Binghamton, 38; Patrick Biondi, St. Lucie, 26; Jacob Zanon, Brooklyn, 20; J.C. Rodriguez, Columbia, 18; Roger Bernadina, Vegas, 17. being an ex-Astro and stuff like that,” Smith said. Listen on Apple Podcasts | Spotify, © 2020 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved “We had a ton of talented players in that league. Ex-Mets Ike Davis and Josh Satin also will play for Israel. Get the latest odds on all the top sports. Do Not Sell My Personal Information, Your California Privacy Rights Wins: Ricky Knapp, Binghamton, 13; Gabriel Ynoa, Vegas, 12; P.J. Your Ad Choices Asked what he wants to polish before reaching the majors, Smith said: “I just really want to stay consistent, continuously make hard contact and polish up my strike zone -- not chase as many bad pitches.”. “Farm Report” appears on Wednesdays during the regular season. The buzzer stuff. Get the latest news, stats, videos, highlights and more about defender Dominic Smith on ESPN. “Being Player of the Year last year was a huge honor,” Smith said. Having graduated to Double-A Binghamton this season, he continued to take positive steps, including representing the Mets along with Amed Rosario and Dilson Herrera in the Futures Game. Listen on Apple Podcasts | Spotify, Jalen Rose: Renaissance Man Farm Report: Dominic Smith produces another super season, Farm Report: Dominic Smith beginning to flash power with Binghamton, Mets 8, Marlins 6: Noah Syndergaard charged with two runs in 3 2/3 innings, Mets 3, Astros 1: Dilson Herrera, Hansel Robles fuel Mets' first win, Mets invite first-round picks Gavin Cecchini, Dominic Smith to camp, Paul DePodesta weighs in on Dilson Herrera, injured first-round picks, Gavin Cecchini, Dominic Smith added to Mets' AFL contingent, Three Mets first-round picks might be headed to doctor, Farm Report: Dominic Smith surging with St. Lucie, Minors 8.23.14: Centeno's 4 hits lift B-Mets, Minors 8.22.14: B-Mets' Herrera drives in 4, Farm report: Coles goes from Noles to Mets. I don’t have anything else to say except we hope those flights keep going.”. Smith, the Mets’ first-round pick in 2013 out of high school in Los Angeles, is hitting .301 with 14 homers and 88 RBIs in 468 at-bats with the B-Mets as the season winds down. Only Brandon Nimmo (1.145) has a higher OPS than Smith (.997) for the month among Mets farmhands. email: sales@dominicsmithelectrical.ie Wexford (Gorey) Tel: 053 - 94 84444 Gorey Unit 1 Knockmullen Retail Park Gorey Co. Wexford. Davis played 66 games for the Astros from 2017-2018 before getting traded to the Mets. Watch. With minor-league seasons concluding, the Mets have a shot at one playoff team. If the teams finish even in the standings, Jupiter gets the tiebreaker because it would have the better head-to-head record in the second half. Awards & Events. “Anytime your Triple-A team is across the country, it’s tough to get players here,” Terry Collins said. “We let him have it a little bit, but we try to make everything fun through the ups and downs, the good times and bad times, and with that moment, we made the most of it. Saves: Corey Taylor, St. Lucie, 19; Alex Palsha, St. Lucie, 18; Paul Sewald, Vegas, 17; David Roseboom, Binghamton, 14; Joseph Zanghi, Brooklyn, 8. ... What's on TV & Streaming What's on TV & Streaming Top Rated Shows Most Popular Shows Browse TV Shows by Genre TV News India TV Spotlight. Latest on Christendom Crusaders athlete Dominic Smith including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on ESPN He turned 21 in June, and he’s started to show a propensity for the long ball. World champion's affair rocks Olympic swimming world, Text messages show raw and intimate exchange between Joe and Hunter Biden, News anchor fired for cameo in Adam Sandler movie, Airport officials strike gold searching passenger’s butt, © 2020 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Trevor Lawrence could break the Jets' hearts so easily, Steve Cohen's response to nightmare free-agency scenario will say a lot, Steve Cohen's Mets 'lifeline' to hurting Citi Field employees, Steve Cohen to blow up Wilpons' 'archaic' Mets technology, said he spoke “prematurely” and was “ashamed”, Slap Shots: Minor leaguers hit hard, projected Rangers lineups get it all wrong. Courtesy Binghamton Mets/Rick Nelson Photography Because he was drafted in 2013, Smith … They are the red-eyes, but they still get them here the next day. “I played in a few big-league parks, but for it to be packed like that, and with the competition on the field, it was awesome,” Smith said. We've received your submission. Save up to 65 percent on 28 refurbished Apple iPads, Fenty Beauty offers 25 percent off sitewide for Friends and Family Sale, H&M launches Jeans Redesign collection focused on sustainability, Lululemon offers up to 75 percent off apparel, accessories and more.