ESPN's Marc Raimondi contributed to this report. McGregor did the same in April 2016, when he announced to "retire young" and tweeted: "I have decided to retire young. I totally understand it and get it.". The Reebok athlete took to Twitter yesterday to announce plans to call it quits. On Sunday morning, McGregor told ESPN that he has lost his excitement for the sport. Israel Adesanya says Jon Jones has no room to give him flack for not moving up to 205 pounds after teasing a heavyweight move for years and not following through. Proper Pina Coladas on me fellas," he had tweeted. Get UFC Fight Island 6 results for the Ortega vs. Jung event on Saturday. "Nobody is pressuring anybody to fight," White said. Ariel Helwani is an MMA reporter at ESPN. McGregor's return versus Cerrone was a financial success for UFC. residents relieved Christine Jessop’s killer identified, Mi’kmaw fishers have property vandalized, lobsters destroyed, Calls to change rules of point of entry for coronavirus quarantine, Trump appears to admit to $400M debt, calls it ‘a peanut’, Conor McGregor arrested after stealing cellphone from someone trying to take a photo of him — police, Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov fined, suspended over UFC 229 brawl, conor mcgregor retirement mixed martial arts. The Irish superstar previously revealed plans to quit fighting in 2019 and 2016. UFC light heavyweight Jimmy Crute spoke with the media ahead of his main card fight against Modestas Bukauskas at UFC Fight Island 6 in Abu Dhabi. But I am eager to fight. However, weeks later, he made a U-turn on his retirement saying, "I want to move forward, with my fans of all faiths and all backgrounds. "They should have just kept the ball rolling. What a ride it's been! UFC president Dana White told reporters after UFC 250 that people have been acting strangely lately because of the pandemic. But again, like I said, and to my fans, I am in shape and I am ready.”. “Thank you all for the amazing memories! We are good. Now he says he's frustrated and has decided to hit pause on his plans, choosing to focus on his family instead. He first walked away in March 2016 after deciding not to travel to the United States to take part in a news conference for his rematch against Nate Diaz. Inside the turbulent journey to Brian Ortega vs. Chan Sung Jung, The two lives of Brian Ortega: From menacing streets to UFC stardom, Ortega, Jung make weight for UFC Fight Night, Sources: Calvillo tests positive, out of UFC 254, McGregor says he will fight Poirier on Jan. 23, Sources: Viral KO star Buckley set for UFC 255, Gane-Delija fight off due to contract dispute, McGregor offered Poirier fight, only on Jan. 23, White: Ortega-'Zombie' winner to get title shot, Helwani: It's never easy with Conor McGregor and the UFC, but end result is always worth it, Best bets for UFC Fight Night: Ortega vs. “Thanks for the cheese. According to Forbes, McGregor is the 16th highest-paid athlete in the world for 2020. “I’ve done a lot, I’ve fought a lot. In January, McGregor made a winning comeback to the Ultimate Fighting Challenge (UFC), knocking out Donald Cerrone in just 40 seconds. “Hey guys quick announcement, I’ve decided to retire from the sport formally known as “Mixed Martial Art” today. McGregor posted on his Twitter account, “Hey guys quick announcement, I’ve decided to retire from the sport formally known as ‘Mixed Martial Art’ today. I'm over it.". Moments after the conclusion of UFC 250 early Sunday, McGregor tweeted that he was walking away from MMA. "It would likely be her final home, my family's final home for them, a retirement home. "And if Conor McGregor feels he wants to retire, you know my feelings about retirement -- you should absolutely do it. UFC Fight Night viewers guide: In long-awaited return, will Brian Ortega be better than ever? I’ve gone through some crazy injuries and crazy external situations that many a man would sprint for the hills if it happened to them. Conor McGregor is apparently retiring from fighting. Actually, he said was in discussions to fight this summer. In 2016, he fired off a now famous tweet, saying he was stepping away from the Octagon after the UFC pulled him from UFC 200 following his unwillingness to go on a media tour. Prior to that fight, McGregor vowed to fight three times in 2020. On Sunday night, Floyd Mayweather, who beat McGregor in a boxing match in August 2017, wrote on Instagram that "I will be waiting" if McGregor decides to fight again. Dana White says nothing surprises him these days after Conor McGregor tweets he is retiring from fighting. He was back in the Octagon four months later, beating Diaz in UFC 202. READ MORE: Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov fined, suspended over UFC 229 brawl. And then the 176 [Silva] talk. Earlier this month, McGregor was arrested in Miami for allegedly smashing the phone of a man who was trying to take a photo of him outside a hotel. So, we will see what happens. Conor McGregor Seemingly Ends Retirement After Calling Rival’s Muslim Wife Ethnic Slur in Tweet McGregor took aim at rival Khabib Nurmagomedov, and his wife, in a series of tweets … "Nothing is crazy and nuts right now, because everything is crazy and nuts right now, on a certain level. He is currently serving a six-month suspension for his involvement in a post-fight fracas after that bout, but he will be free to fight again beginning April 6.