Every potential source for good popcorn entertainment is thrice warmed-over, and poorly executed. There are a lot of swindling and con movies but what I like about this film is that there are no dragging love/romance scene or parts. Unlike Master though, here the crime is used as a jumping off point, one which is used to frame a tale which feels more like a slice of The Thieves -lite. It may seem to underestimate the viewers, since some of us able to guess the storyline from the early parts of the movie.The main character is too comical, but who stole attention is an antagonist character.

Sign in to vote. だ、騙された-!!!!!!観ている途中何度も起こるどんでん返しが楽しくて最後の最後まで驚きの連続でした。ストーリーは詐欺... 「Yahoo!映画」はYahoo! Other directors give difficult birth to each new project, but they've created worlds that easily produce new stories--Rohmer the world of minutely observed romance, Chabrol the world of crime and depravity. Vesoul International Film Festival of Asian Cinemas, The Takashi Miike Project (100/105 complete), Film Reviews: Burning (2018) by Lee Chang-dong, Short Film Review: WTFish by Sumit Saurav, Film Review: Mukti Bhawan (Hotel Salvation, 2016) by Shubhashish Bhutiani, Documentary Review: Of Shadows (2016) by Yi Cui, Film Review: The Sweet Requiem (2019) by by Ritu Sarin and Tenzig Sonam, Interview with Lee Joo-young: There Are Many Times When I Wonder If I Am Truly Happy With My Achievements, Lim Kah Wai’s COME AND GO Selected for Tokyo Premiere 2020, Takashi Shimuzu to Adapt Mariko Koike’s Graveyard Apartment, Short Film Review: Alienation (1966) by Kang-Chien Chiu, Film Review: Lethal Panther (1991) by Godfrey Ho.
It's funny like crime movies do. I'm blown away with the twists and turns of this film. All Rights Reserved. You solve the suspicion, You believe it.- lines. Head to the Third Window and Arrow Shocktober Sale! 韓国で起こったマルチ商法詐欺事件を基にした犯罪アクション。死亡したとされる有名な詐欺師がまだ生きていると直感した主人公がチームを結成し、詐欺師を追う。主演は『コンフィデンシャル/共助』などのヒョンビン... Felt I understood about half of the movie. Copyright (C) 2020 GYAO Corporation. After being one of many victims in a legendary con, scam artist Hwang Ji-sung (Hyung Bin, from “The Fatal Encounter”) finds that the man responsible for pulling off the caper, Jang Doo-chil (Heo Sung-tae, from “The Age of Shadows”) didn’t commit suicide as was reported but is still very much alive. With Hyun Bin, Ji-Tae Yoo, Sung-Woo Bae, Sung-woong Park. Unfortunately, there's not much to Hwang's maverick leadership skills, nor his colleagues pseudo-twisty attempts at disarming Jang's many go-betweens, and colleagues. Every major story, and stylistic beat in "The Swindlers" was borrowed from better films, especially Steven Soderbergh's "Ocean's Eleven" trilogy. Personally, i recommended this movie, if you just want to killig time, and watch something without frowning. Blu-ray Review: “The Swindlers” Swindles You Out Of Your Hard-Earned Cash – And Time “Its convoluted plot, coupled with its predictable setup and terrible (or at least terribly translated) dialogue makes for one of the less impressive features I’ve seen come out of South Korea yet.” There's a small chance that the subtitles of this film simply aren't apparent because of an insurmountable cultural barrier. You have to pay attention to watch. But there are also, generally speaking, too many scenes that are so contrived that I sometimes wondered if a living script template for an "Ocean's Eleven"-style heist movie had come to life, and left no cliche behind in its hapless quest to deliver superficially topical thrills. Well-dressed characters watch gigantic TVs, and monitor each other's progress through seemingly omnipresent closed-security televisions. User Ratings |

I readily admit that, as someone unfamiliar with the Korean language (beyond a couple of key phrases), the appeal of the film's more dialogue-intensive scenes were probably lost on me thanks to English subtitles that were often distractingly blocky. Its what I want from a con job movie, in that the filmmakers are not hung up on how cool they look for deciding to do a con job movie; they're interested in the job.