So the chances of that are very low that I would come back that late, but just the fact that there is a percentage chance that could happen, for lack of a better term, like, it just makes me sad.". Then Big E’s New Day partners Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods returned. “There’s no real timetable on when I’ll be back.
#NewDay @WWEBigE @TrueKofi @AustinCreedWins pic.twitter.com/KAZoCCiL2O.

Tonight on SmackDown, Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston returned following Big E’s absolutely physical war with Sheamus in a Falls Count Anywhere match, which would see Big E pick up a major victory in the singles division. But maybe not. We're having a great run as New Day. Woods also discussed the mental struggles of being unable to perform and revealed that he had to switch off a recent episode of SmackDown when he saw Daniel Bryan and The Miz lock up, simply because it made him miss wrestling so much. It's YA BOYS on #SmackDown!!! Big E was selling his match, and he wasn’t as energetic as Kofi and Xavier. Shortly after Big E won his Falls Count Anywhere match against Sheamus, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods made their return to congratulate him. Big E and Sheamus went to war on Friday Night SmackDown. Xavier Woods has been out of action since October 2019, Big E and Kofi Kingston have continued to represent The New Day in his absence. "It's honestly kind of scary because, yeah, there is a possibility that if I do everything right, and everything goes well, and I ice it, and I do the PT and all the other tendons are strong around it, like, maybe I'll be back in 4 or 5 months! The trio's tromboner said he has been 'shaken to the core' by this injury.

It's almost a thing. It’s ya boys! The two were hyped to be back on SmackDown. While Xavier Woods continues his road to recovery, Big E and Kofi Kingston are currently in the SmackDown Tag Team Championship picture ahead of WrestleMania 36. Woods has since undergone surgery, and despite having trouble pooping, he seems to be in good spirits. Once your account is created, you'll be logged-in to this account. Woods added, "and I think that's in any sport.". "This is like my dream, my life goal, so at this point, where I still feel like we're running in our prime, especially on TV, like we're doing stuff. New Day is back at full power, BAAAAAAAAAYBEEEEEE! Why Goldberg Appeared On WWE SmackDown Season Premiere, Triple H Receives HUGE Props Backstage For Making WWE SmackDown ‘Much Better’ This Week, Vince McMahon Unhappy With WWE SmackDown Production, Becky Lynch Backstage During WWE SmackDown This Week, Goldberg, Ric Flair, Mark Henry & More Appear In WWE ThunderDome During SmackDown, Click here for our complete coverage of WWE Friday Night SmackDown, Paige Says Her ‘Neck Feels Wonderful’ & She’s Ready To Play Again, Roman Reigns Names Stipulation For Hell In A Cell Universal Title Match, Triple H Believes Rhea Ripley Will Headline WrestleMania In The Next Few Years, Keith Lee Hopes Braun Strowman Recovers Fast Before Their Match On WWE RAW. Kofi made a point to say the New Day were reunited, and then Woods said they need to get their Tag Team Titles back. It was a jolly good time for the old crew, who haven’t been together on television for something like a year. "At that moment in time, it is the factor of the show just goes. Maybe I'll be back by 'Mania the year after next, but, like, maybe not. Woods, who previously tweeted that his achilles injury could keep him out of the squared circle for 5 to 9 months, indicated on the podcast that there is no real timetable for his return to the ring. Cool. It's almost a feeling of, like, was I worth anything on the show when I was there? Like, you go down, the machine still works without you. The New Day member suffered a serious Achilles injury during a match on WWE’s tour of Australia in October 2019 and he initially feared that he could be out of action until 2021.

Then Big E’s New Day partners Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods returned. According to Woods, the surgeon who repaired the torn tendon indicated that it may take up to a year for Woods to feel good on his achilles again. Maybe I'll be back at, like, Survivor Series next year, but maybe not. Check out the podcast here or via the embedded player below. The two New Day members, who lost the SmackDown Tag Team titles against The Miz and John Morrison at Super ShowDown last month, will earn a rematch against the current Champions at WrestleMania if they defeat The Usos in a No.1 contender’s match on next week’s SmackDown. The New Day member suffered a … In the end, Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston brought a smile to Big E’s face. According to Woods, the … Drew McIntyre Opens Up About Losing His Confidence In 2013, If He Would Ever Shave His Beard, The New Day Shares Emotional Moment Backstage After WWE SmackDown Farewell (Videos), Ronda Rousey Spotted Training In A Ring With James Storm, Roman Reigns Reveals Which WWE Hall Of Famer He Grew Up Idolizing, Big Name Announced As First Guest On New WWE Network Podcast, Miro Says Former AEW Talent Has Signed With WWE, Bill Goldberg And Other WWE Stars Appear During SmackDown In The ThunderDome Crowd, Backstage News On RAW Underground's Future, Former WWE Star To Make "Big Announcement", Paul Heyman Talks Brock Lesnar's WWE Future, Adam Cole And Kyle O'Reilly WWE Status Updates, Woods, who previously tweeted that his achilles injury could keep him out of the squared circle for 5 to 9 months, Backstage News On A New WWE RAW Focus For Paul Heyman, © 2020 Webcapacity Incorporated.
Apparently, seeing the sports entertainment juggernaut that is WWE continue to chug along without Woods made him question his value. Speaking on this week’s episode of WWE show The Bump, Woods gave a positive update on his return but said he only wants to come back when he is in the right frame of mind. "The doctor tells me, 'here's the breakdown: you tore it in an instant; it'll take me 14 minutes to fix it; you could possibly take up to a year to feel good on it again,' which is absolutely terrifying to me because ever since I was little, this is the only thing I've ever wanted to do with this much passion and enjoyment," Woods divulged. All Rights Reserved. You are not that important to it and that, that's one of the things that hurts." Recently on The New Day: Feel The Power [Baybee! If you use any of the quotations that appear in this article, please credit The New Day Feel: The Power with an H/T to Wrestling Inc. for the transcription. Xavier Woods has confirmed that his injury rehabilitation is “going great” but he is still a few more months away from making his WWE in-ring return. Xavier Woods has now been out of action for several weeks after tearing his Achilles tendon at a house show in Australia during a WWE tour. We're having a great time. To have an injury that will take me out for an extended period of time is something that has, I guess, kind of shaken me to my core.". When you login first time using a Social Login button, we collect your account public profile information shared by Social Login provider, based on your privacy settings. After Big E won the hard-fought match, WWE had more surprises in store for him. Xavier Woods provides an update on his Achilles recovery process, Vickie Guerrero officially signs with AEW, Chris Jericho proposed that Private Party change their theme song, Byron Saxton on his in-ring career coming to an end, Zicky Dice says he's still with the NWA, and more. Because if the show can just go on with - I'm not saying that nobody cares, but just going on business as usual, like, it really makes you remember everything that you were told before you got here or before you got into any company or into any type of physical job, whether you're playing baseball, or football, or whatever - it's a machine and no one is bigger than the machine.

"There's no real timeframe for when I come back," Woods admitted. Would love your thoughts, please comment. During the podcast, Woods confirmed that the injury is "pretty serious" and there is no timetable for his return to action. While talking to Chuck Carroll of CBS Sports, Woods spoke about his injury and revealed that there is no fixed timetable for his return. It could be 5 months. August 6, 2020 Andrew Thompson NEWS Big E was in obvious pain, and it was legit. Sheamus put him through an absolutely brutal time as they battled through the Amway Center. However, it looks like Xavier Woods may not make his return this year. The two were hyped to be back on SmackDown. Click here for our complete coverage of WWE Friday Night SmackDown. We also get your email address to automatically create an account for you in our website. Xavier Woods has confirmed that his injury rehabilitation is “going great” but he is still a few more months away from making his WWE in-ring return.

], WWE Superstar Xavier Woods provided an update on his achilles injury that he sustained earlier this year working a live event in Sydney, Australia. Kofi made a point to say … During the podcast, Woods confirmed that the injury is "pretty serious" and there is no timetable for his return to action.