Online education, then, can serve two goals. “The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness”, p.58, The New Press, There is a mistake in the text of this quote. Above all, I believe every child, no matter their ZIP code or their parents' jobs, deserves access to a quality education. Votes: 5, We have a moral concern to feed all of the hungry, wipe out malnutrition, so that every American be housed and every child have access to education. Votes: 2, Access to high-quality education is way too limited. The difficulty is, Pell Grants are an attempt to do the right thing, and that is to give the low-income student an opportunity to access higher education, and that's a good thing. Access to education, access to opportunity, access to love.

As the humanities and liberal arts are downsized, privatized, and commodified, higher education finds itself caught in the paradox of claiming to invest in the future of young people while offering them few intellectual, civic, and moral supports.
The answer - the only answer - is: no. In America, your zip code or your socioeconomic status should never determine the quality of your education.

Even though education was key in my family, I had no access to museums or art where we lived. Education (2,786 quotes). The United States has the world's most admirable higher education system, and yet it is very restrictive. Votes: 2, Access to computers and the Internet has become a basic need for education in our society. If you stop and think about our history, one of the reasons we had an American century and there is an American dream was because at key points in our history we made very bold decisions about making sure that there was very broad, universal access to quality education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education.

Schools...can make it easy and unrisky for children to take books home for the evening or weekend by worrying less about losing books to children and more about losing children to illiteracy.

Higher education should be based on quality, not quantity; receive merit-based funding; and be free of unnecessary bureaucracy.

Access to computers and the Internet has become a basic need for education in our society.

Omega Institute Interview, www.huffingtonpost.com. Horace Mann.

In our post-9/11 world, our Nation's military deserves, at least the same access to institutions of higher education that any other major employer might enjoy. The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows. Investing in girls' education also helps delay early marriage and parenthood.

If we harm this system, we will drastically decline and cease to exist. Votes: 2, The College Access and Opportunity Act addresses the important need to make higher education more affordable and easier to access for low and middle-income students. Votes: 7, A basic element of the American dream is equal access to education as the lubricant of social and economic mobility. Votes: 2, Online education, then, can serve two goals.
Votes: 2, access to effective education for each woman. But I cannot help but feel that the modern educational experience is not preparing us adequately to attend the rich banquet of life. Poor people, people of color - especially are much more likely to be found in prison than in institutions of higher education.

Votes: 2, Let me ask you: Should only children of the wealthy have access to quality early education? Wishful thinking did not give Oregonians the bottle bill. The difficulty is, often times a program is so successful that it grows and grows and grows and grows. Information is liberating. I finished my higher education deeply in debt and with seven years of bad credit in my future. Education is a must if we want to do away with the existing differences between different social classes and genders.