plus, Promises! I can only hope than one day/year/decade this movie is restored. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Voorraad in de webshop is gelijk aan onze boutique voorraad. Looking to watch It (2017)? A wonderful movie that retains the magic I first witnessed in 1957. Reviewed in the United States on October 24, 2014. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Tom Ewell does his exact same performance from The Seven Year Itch with Edmond O'Brian doing a Broderick Crawford impression, I liked that Jayne- who was obviously intended to be a foil for Monroe at her home studio of Fox - didn't try to act like Marilyn.She came across as very natural and her "own self"- someone secure with who she was. officer go on a 4-day leave to San Francisco where they party with a good crowd in the executive suite of a busy hotel. The trouble begins when Murdock hires talent agent Tom Miller (Tom Ewell) to groom her: Miller quickly realizes that she can't sing a note...AND that he's completely in love with her! The Girl Can’t Help It is one of best movie released on 1 December 1956 starring Tom Ewell, Jayne Mansfield, Edmond O’Brien, Julie London, Ray Anthony. Kom passen in onze winkel in Amsterdam om jouw perfecte pasvorm te vinden. Log in Start Free Trial Start Free Trial. A down-and-out gangster hires an alcoholic press agent to make his blonde bombshell girlfriend a recording star in 6 weeks. (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack). Reviewed in the United States on July 8, 2017. Audie Murphy - 4 Film Westerns Collection (The Kid From Texas/Night Passage/Ride A ... To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) par Various Artists sur Deezer. A gangster hires a down-and-out press agent to make his airheaded girlfriend a singing star. Rotten Tomatoes, home of the Tomatometer, is the most trusted measurement of quality for Movies & TV. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Hercules must save his true love from an evil queen. The Girl Can't Help It Origiinal Motion Picture Soundtrack (O.S.T.) Jayne looks beautiful & does well with her version of a strong country woman. Jayne Mansfield Collection (The Girl Can't Help It / The Sheriff of Fractured Jaw / Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter? Reviewed in the United States on August 15, 2019. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. In retaliation, the gang kidnaps his son and demands the money as ransom. Ever wondered what Mariska Hargaty's mother looked like? Listen to The Girl Can't Help It by Sandy and the Wild Wombats on Deezer. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Movie version makes fun of the television industry where Broadway version slammed the film industry. Did not read DVD was not compatible...do not purchase!!! The Jayne Mansfield Collection is a set of three movies featuring that beautiful, buxom and blonde movie star from the 1950s and 1960s. It doesn't play due to area limitations. Where Eddie rocked from foot to foot as he played. It was clearly not my mother's cup of tea - and her young sons were definitely not going to be allowed to see it!! I purchased this DVD as a gift for my mother, the 'region code 0' version which should play in the US and it will not play on any dvd/blu ray player either of us owns. If you are looking for a film with a great storyline and great acting, this isn't it but if you want a film with more than a dozen great rock & roll performances by the original 50's artists in their heyday, you'll love this film, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 17, 2015. Amazon's Choice recommends highly rated and well-priced products. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. The Text Widget allows you to add text or HTML to your sidebar. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Wasted my time and money. A Hillbilly hits the big time in Las Vegas. The disc is distributed by Hollywood Classics Ltd on behalf of Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment inc. under the Second Sight banner. Edit them in the Widget section of the, View wordpressdotcom’s profile on Twitter, [Watch Online] Beyond a Reasonable Doubt 1956 Full Movie | Review, Discussion, [Watch Online] Bigger Than Life 1956 Full Movie | Review, Discussion. Hollywoodland (Music From The Motion Picture) Various Artists. Her statuesque platinum beauty may have been both a blessing and a curse but Mansfield projects warmth, intelligence, and an uncanny sense of humor. I bought this DVD to replace my existing copy which is a cinemascope letterbox version. I had only seen one of them before I bought the set, and having watched all three discs I can say that it was a worthwhile purchase. Tom Ewell, Jayne Mansfield, Tony Randall, Kenneth More, Edmond O'Brien, English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo), English (Dolby Digital 4.0), French (Dolby Digital 4.0), Spanish (Dolby Digital 1.0), Frank Tashlin, Garson Kanin, George Axelrod, Herbert Baker, Howard Dimsdale, Previous page of related Sponsored Products. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? But what is he going to do when he finds out that she has no talent? ( Log Out /  The definitive site for Reviews, Trailers, Showtimes, and Tickets Fingers crossed. These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. / Brewster's Millions / Car Wash... Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. AND THE BEAT! So, after finishing Streaming this movie, i recommend to readers to not underestimate this great movie. ...with some rock n' roll thrown in for good measure. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. Title : The Girl Can’t Help It ( IT’S GOT THE HEAT! "Sheriff" was a "western" with Ms Jayne running a saloon & the town because there was no Sheriff! This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. With music streaming on Deezer you can discover more than 56 million tracks, create your own playlists, and share your favourite tracks with your friends. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 30, 2016. Written by Directed by Frank Tashlin. De ‘NEW LOOK’ silhouet is een jaren 50 vintage stijl die furore maakte van late 40s tot early 60s en is de rode draad in onze hele collectie. This movie was very surprised because of its 6.9 rating and got about 1649 user reviews. A down-and-out gangster hires an alcoholic press agent to make his blonde bombshell girlfriend a recording star in 6 weeks. Please try again. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 7, 2013. Reviewed in the United States on December 16, 2018. I have noticed other titles that have been released by this outfit have had the same problem of being letterbox cinemascope productions. The only saving grace is that the sound seems to be OK. Unqualified (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo), Unqualified (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono), Previous page of related Sponsored Products. Jayne Mansfield war eine begabte(re) und intelligente(re) Variante der Monroe. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Well she is in this movie. And what is going to happen when the two fall in love? It's About Time That These Jayne Mansfield Classics Were Available! And 'Be Bop A Lula' in the rehearsal room where as they rocked. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. A gang leader dumps her criminal boyfriend when he is convicted of robbery, but he recovers the stolen loot once he's released. Reviewed in the United States on June 26, 2017. This movie was very surprised because of its 6.9 rating and got about 1649 user reviews. This FAQ is empty. Use the HTML below. Please try again. After 1960 her films were mostly B grade European releases with forgettable titles. Episode Description: Disc 1: Girl Can't Help It Disc 2: Sheriff of Fractured Jaw Disc 3: Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter? Add the first question. Beware. Ihre Publicitysucht und die oft mediokre Auswahl an Stoffen machten ihrer Karriere jedoch rasch den Garaus, und nach Monroes Drogentod im Sommer 1962 hatte das Publikum auch genug von dickbusigen Blondinen... Aber Mansfield hatte in den späten 1950ern zwei wirklich grandiose Komödien unter der Regie Frank Tashlins gedreht, die hier in einer schicken Edition mit guten Extras auf den Markt gebracht worden. Certificate: 16 Rating : 6.9 Fox probably didn't want to include "Bus" because it was a b&w film, where the other two were color! Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 5, 2013, I'm old enough to remember seeing this at a now long gone cinema when it was first released, so I knew I would enjoy the album. (C) 1986 SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT #Journey #GirlCantHelpIt #Vevo Jayne Mansfield had a career that spanned over a decade. As they are escaping the robbery (after having taken a hostage), they wind up on an island in a hotel with an ... See full summary ». I suspect to offer more comedy and less rock'n'roll. But what is he going to do when he finds out that she has no talent? A French reporter working on a steamy story about the secret strip joints found in London's Soho district becomes involved in the lives of the owner and star of a famous club. Sold by muboutletstore and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. Promises! Jayne sings a few songs as well. Zie je teveel leuks in de webshop en kom je er niet uit qua pasvorm en maat dan ben je van harte welkom in onze 50s geinspireerde boutique waar wij je met alle liefde helpen de juiste outfit te vinden. This CinemaScope color film hilariously spoofs both musicals and gangster films and also features sparkling performances by Ray Anthony, Julie London, the Treniers and Abbey Lincoln! Unable to add item to List. Hatte diese Filme zuvor noch nie gesehen und war mehr als begeistert! With Tom Ewell, Jayne Mansfield, Edmond O'Brien, Julie London. . De ‘NEW LOOK’ silhouet is een jaren 50 vintage stijl die furore maakte van late 40s tot early 60s en is de rode draad in onze hele collectie. If only they - the movie big wigs and the hirelings I guess. Was this review helpful to you? The recorded version is much brighter and colorful. Of het een feestelijke 50s jurk is voor je diploma uitreiking, deftige vintage jurk voor het kerstfeest op werk, een vrolijke cocktailjurk voor de bruiloft van een dierbare of gewoon een fijn truitje voor op je favoriete highwaisted cigarette pants of pencil skirt, wij adviseren graag en zitten bordevol styling tips om het meeste uit je nieuwe garderobe aanwinst te halen. But what is he going to do when he finds out that she has no talent?