“Remove her, send the cheetahs to the tomb, Our war is over, our queen has met her doom, No more, she lives no more serpent in her room, No more, he has killed Cleopatra, Cleopatra“. Idk, I really don’t think that’s the case. This has to extend to more than this guy loosing her to her job, but more he’s loosing her to the way she has become, the way she perceives herself as someone unworthy and dirty, the way cleopatras husband perceived her whe he found her cheating. ( Log Out /  As one of the founding members of the Left Side Poets, I humbly request that my fellow brothers and sisters embrace Frank Ocean after careful consideration of his latest song. Two points for his feet, and uh, I don’t really want to explain what the third point is. There is no doubt in my mind that this song will forever be a classic and talked about for years to come.

… explained of the chemistry that guitarist and Ocean exhibited on set.

That’s Taylor Johnson.

As one of the founding members of the Left Side Poets, I humbly request that my fellow brothers and sisters embrace Frank Ocean after careful consideration of his… I think this song is apocalyptic in the biblical sense. In the beginning of this essay I mentioned that this song is a modern day version of “Black Girl Lost”. Malay clarifies, “The overall final guitar solo, that’s not John. Dobbins, Amanda (2012-12-12).

Kind of like a good and evil force within them. While listening this song, it is separated into parts. In the first stanza all that’s established is that “someone” (presumably the husband) is practically moving hell and earth to find cleopatra, for she must have been taken or stolen and she would never leave of her own free will *yes, that was sarcasm*. Samson. While “BGL” will always be a classic, “Pyramids” is far superior in content, delivery, imagery and production. This “he” represents the patriarchal Eurocentric system that hypersexualizes black women, a kind of metaphorical death. Not even why, it’s how. , Amazing review..I am in love with this song too and totally understood it!!

I've been examining the song's lyrics at nauseam, trying to decide the identity of … I took “tankless” as just being so beat up that the gas tank fell right out, like my muffler did once. Malay clarifies, “The overall final guitar solo, that’s not John.

Then the third man who is clearly in love with her, touches her in places only she knows and is upset that her love ain’t free no more. Listening to Stevie Wonder’s “Superwoman (Where Were You When I Needed You)” or Kendrick Lamar’s “Sing About Me, I’m Dying of Thirst,” one wonders how the artist joined these discrete parts to create something more mysterious and powerful. In a world that divvies up art by genre, that constantly seeks to quantify cool, he is impossible to miss, like a panda bear …. Simply put, they are top shit. We are really missing a huge part of the song when we fail to mention that sampson was a very physically strong man that had two weaknesses. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account.

What good is a jewel that ain’t still precious? Reblogged this on The Book Bum Blog and commented: Although I must say I don’t believe the snake is a double entendre or double meaning for dick. I trolled the music industry.” The song is a neon-lit blockbuster epic that manages to nail the complex interplay of fantasy and reality in a sexual relationship. Chucks. Good points but a tad off.