Lee shared a teaser for the new tracks on social media, captioning it "BIG NEWS... 2 songs out on Friday! I was like a kid in a candy shop in there — he has everything. © 2020 Rhapsody International Inc. All rights reserved. To report spam or any abusive, obscene, defamatory, racist, homophobic or threatening comments, or anything that may violate any applicable laws, use the "Report to Facebook" and "Mark as spam" links that appear next to the comments themselves. Lee described the process in a 2002 interview: "I locked myself in my home and I just started writing. BLABBERMOUTH.NET "Knock Me Down" is a collaboration with Killvein, while "Tops" features South African rapper Push Push. "She's a total troublemaker," Lee jokes, "a maniac!" Music videos for "Knock Me Down" and "Tops" were directed by Fred Durst. Watch the Fred Durst-directed videos for “Knock Me Down” and “Tops” below. The material on this fairly diverse CD (which Lee produced with Scott Humphrey) generally falls into the alternative metal and alternative rock categories; many of the tunes are hip-hop-influenced, but few of them are straight-up rap-metal in the Limp Bizkit/Korn/(hed) pe/Kid Rock vein. BLABBERMOUTH.NET 1 Source For Breaking Music, Film, and TV Headlines, Get This Mask if Being Home Alone Makes You Want to Scream, You Ain't Got No Business Going Outside Without This Mask, Remembering Eddie Van Halen’s 10 Greatest Riffs, This Pixar Movie Is Skipping Theaters and Going to Disney+. Tommy Lee began writing music in September 2000, following Methods of Mayhem's stint on Ozzfest. Deftones, Incubus, Limp Bizkit, Methods of Mayhem, P.O.D., Sixx:A.M. Napster and the Napster logo are registered trademarks of Rhapsody International Inc. JavaScript is disabled in your browser settings. You can also send an e-mail to blabbermouthinbox(@)gmail.com with pertinent details. Getting to work with both Tommy and Fred Durst on that was a dream.". Since then, Lee has released a record of songs he wrote himself, titled Never A Dull Moment which is probably an understatement for the high-living rock star. You can check them out in the video players embedded in this article or at the Better Noise Music official YouTube channel here. Not every track on Never a Dull Moment is a five-star gem, but more often than not, the CD is an exciting, inspired reminder of Lee's desire to forge ahead. Yes Tommy Lee’s boy band phase. To comment on a Once you're logged in, you will be able to comment. Mötley Crüe drummer Tommy Lee has unveiled two new solo songs from his forthcoming solo album, Andro, due October 16.. Lee has reportedly spent much of the last two years writing the new tracks, which express a mix of his heavy metal past and his affinity electronic music and hip hop. BLABBERMOUTH.NET In conversation with Tommy Lee about his new music, his abject joy over his new album, "Andro", is infectious. MÖTLEY CRÜE drummer Tommy Lee will release two new solo songs this Friday, June 5. © 2020 Blabbermouth.net The longtime MÖTLEY CRÜE drummer has just spent the last two years writing and recording his new album and it is about to challenge virtually everything you thought you knew about him and his musical proclivities. The sound of the new singles, "Knock Me Down" and "Tops," wavers between industrial metal and dubstep, as Lee collaborated with up-and-coming rappers Killvein and Push Push, respectively, on each track. Lee has had a mega-popular Netflix film ("The Dirt"), starred in and produced three network TV shows ("Tommy Lee Goes To College", "Rockstar: Supernova", "Battleground Earth: Ludacris Vs Tommy Lee"), had a New York Times bestseller ("Tommyland") and has appeared on scripted and interview TV shows — most recently, a hilarious appearance as a professor on ABC's "The Goldbergs". She comes off as someone who you probably don't want to cross. "I heard his shit on the Internet," Lee recalls, "and I thought, this dude is badass, 'Knock Me Down' had his name all over it. Tommy told US Weekly about the new songs: "I can't wait. Tommy Lee, 50, opens up about missing Eddie Van Halen, his strange connection to Prince, kicking his two-gallon-a-day vodka habit and his new LP, "Andro." To do so, click the downward arrow on the top-right corner of the Facebook comment (the arrow is invisible until you roll over it) and select the appropriate action. BLABBERMOUTH.NET He's gonna blow up. Lee described the process in a 2002 interview: "Knock Me Down" is a collaboration with Killvein, while "Tops" features South African rapper Push Push. He raps like a beast.”, South Africa’s Push Push takes the spotlight on “Tops”, which is centered around an Afrobeat groove. Her tracks have been featured on Comedy Central's "Broad City". BLABBERMOUTH.NET When word got around that Tommy Lee's first solo album, Never a Dull Moment, would be coming out in May 2002, fans didn't know what to expect.Would the album pick up where Lee's Methods of Mayhem project of 1999 left off? reserves the right to "hide" comments that may be considered offensive, illegal or inappropriate and to "ban" users that violate the site's Terms Of Service. Lee also collaborated with METHODS OF MAYHEM's DJ Aero on the "#MSND" EP, which was released in 2013. End User Agreement. Or would it, by some chance, recall his years with Mötley Crüe? Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee’s solo career started with the mid-90s release of an infamous videotape featuring him and then-wife Pamela Anderson playing cards on a boat in Greece. Lagging behind nearly every artist that has iced its summer dates, the bands issued a statement on Monday (June 1), explaining the trek has been officially pushed back to 2021. Background. Androgyny is a combination of the essences of male and female genders and the album is the manifestation of the concept. Lee shared a teaser for the new tracks on social media, captioning it "BIG NEWS... 2 songs out on Friday!". And for the most part, Never a Dull Moment sounds more organic than Methods of Mayhem's 1999 album, which gave the impression that Lee was trying a little too hard to be contemporary (by late-'90s standards) and prove to the world that there was more to him than "Shout at the Devil" and "Girls, Girls, Girls"; even so, Methods of Mayhem's debut was, despite its imperfections, one of the more memorable rap-metal efforts of 1999. Would the album pick up where Lee's Methods of Mayhem project of 1999 left off? Mötley Crüe drummer Tommy Lee has announced a new solo album, ANDRO, and has unveiled two singles from the effort. story or review, you must be logged in to an active personal account on Facebook. A pre-order also launches today and includes an exclusive autographed pink and blue vinyl. MÖTLEY CRÜE drummer Tommy Lee will release two new solo songs this Friday, June 5. You can also send an e-mail to blabbermouthinbox(@)gmail.com with pertinent details. Push Push added, “Working with Tommy was an incredible opportunity, he made sure that I was in a comfortable space, free to express myself fully and without limits.”, As for the album itself, a press release explained, “[The songs] represent the male and female sides of music — equally important and equally powerful, thus the name of the album, ANDRO. “It happened once I … “Knock Me Down” is the heavier of the two songs, as rapper Killvein delivers his verses over an industrial-metal track. TERMS OF SERVICE / does not endorse, or guarantee the accuracy of, any user comment. Mike McGuirk. She’s a total troublemaker, a maniac!” enthused Lee of Push Push’s high-energy rapping. MÖTLEY CRÜE drummer Tommy Lee will release two new solo songs this Friday, June 5. As it turns out, Never a Dull Moment is neither a carbon copy of Methods of Mayhem nor a return to a Mötley Crüe-like sound. As Lee tells ABC Audio, the record is divided into two sections: one side of “female energy,” and another of “male energy.” “It wasn’t intentional,” Lee says of the Andro concept. I recorded half the song in my garage in Sacramento and the other half in his studio in Calabasas. ADVERTISE / Lee has reportedly spent much of the last two years writing the new tracks, which express a mix of his heavy metal past and his affinity electronic music and hip hop. Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee’s solo career started with the mid-90s release of an infamous videotape featuring him and then-wife Pamela Anderson playing cards on a boat in Greece. "Working with Tommy was an incredible opportunity," says Push Push. They also represent the male and female sides of music — equally important and equally powerful, thus the name of the album, "Andro". The video shoot was surreal. "Knock Me Down" and "Tops" will appear on Lee's third solo album, "Andro", which is tentatively due this summer. The video shoot was a dream come true. “I heard his shit on the internet,” Lee said of Killvein, “and I thought, this dude is badass, ‘Knock Me Down’ had his name all over it. | Lee's METHODS OF MAYHEM rap-rock side project released its self-titled debut album in 1999 and was certified gold in the U.S. A follow-up effort, "A Public Disservice Announcement", came out 11 years later.