© 2020 MagicFind, Inc. All rights reserved. Printed first in the Planechase (2012 Edition) "Chaos Reigns" pre-constructed deck and reprinted in Commander's Arsenal, Maelstrom Wanderer is now getting its third printing. The Wanderer is centered in white mana. She was one of the few planeswalkers who chose to remain on Ravnica after Chandra disabled the Immortal Sun, helping the Gatewatch in their fight against Bolas.

In Commander, the archetype for building with Maelstrom Wanderer as a commander is simple: play with a lot of ramp and big, powerful spells, then cast the Wanderer.

Even a whiff with Maelstrom Wanderer can be survived if you can hard-cast other big spells one after the other. So it'd be really stupid if this was Elspeth, right? See cards from the most recent sets and discover what players just like you are saying about them. Prevent all noncombat damage that would be dealt to you and other permanents you control. From Magic Origins, Nissa's Renewal is a great ramp spell that gives you life as well. Quinn has been fascinated with Magic ever since Revised Edition.

White-aligned knight planeswalker Elspeth Tirel remains a Magic fan favorite.. Zendikar Rising features two Commander decks intended as on-ramps for newer players and introductions to the amazing world of Commander. on May 24, 2016. [2] This also happens when she sleeps or falls unconscious. Insert You could alleviate this with deck manipulation, but doing both ramp and deck manipulation at once will slow you down, and that is something you likely don't want.

It is all because of that gazelle in the lower right of the card... With that animal, you can see clearly how large and monstrous the Maelstrom Wanderer is. This page was last edited on 22 August 2020, at 22:44. [3] She and Sarkhan Vol apparently knew each other. Zendikar Rising releases on September 25, 2020. She survived the battle. What does Maelstrom Wanderer look like in a Cube format? The downside to this is having a lot of ramp spells means that you are likely to hit ramp spells when you hit the cascade triggers. I eventually did, but I never built a Maelstrom Wanderer deck. It's clear that we aren't using the Wanderer in Legacy or Vintage anytime soon, but that's okay, because "home" is Commander and Cube. The Wanderer doesn't even notice the animal as it threatens to trample it. Here's an older list from former StarCityGames.com writer and current Wizards employee David McDarby. Card Text: Prevent all noncombat damage that would be dealt to you and other permanents you control. Browse through cards from Magic's entire history. Back on Ravnica, the Wanderer relayed her newfound information at the guild meeting after Ral Zarek told the truth about his defeat.

It seemed simple enough.

This has been absolutely the most common fan theory on the secret identity of WAR’s behatted hero. [1] Because she admitted that she once was considered to be beautiful, Ral Zarek suspected that her real face is now scarred. ©Wizards of the Coast LLC. Elspeth Tirel. It towers over the gazelle. Shadows of Innistrad and Battle for Zendikar block do provide a lot of cards that help you if you choose mostly land-based ramping. The Wanderer is a planeswalker introduced in War of the Spark. wpDiscuz.

An untyped walker. When she planeswalks, she disappears in a violent slash of white light.[1]. The Wanderer is the only carded planeswalker character without a planeswalker type. This site works best with JavaScript enabled. Whether she seeks a person, place or thing remains to be seen, but a peaceful resolution to her never-ending quest seems unlikely. Beneath the brim of her hat she actually wears a golden mask that covers her entire visage and even keeps her eyes in the shadow. −2: Exile target creature with power 4 or greater. Whether she seeks a person, place or thing remains to be seen, but a peaceful resolution to her never-ending quest seems unlikely. Unlike other planeswalkers who are tired by the process of planeswalking, The Wanderer can planeswalk and then planeswalk again almost immediately - but only because if she doesn't focus she will be pulled at random from plane to plane. I gravitated toward a deck using a card I hadn't seen before: Maelstrom Wanderer. Interesting.

I'm curious where the guesses are now as to whom this is—or perhaps it's a new Planeswalker entirely? The Wanderer is expensive and harder to deal with the earlier in the game you cast it, so … Archive

The Card Image Gallery is updated every day with the latest card previews. Check out all the mechanics from the upcoming Zendikar Rising, some returning and some new. Twitter. The Wanderer has an undisclosed history with Tezzeret and considers him an enemy and a possible threat to the multiverse.[1]. Prevent all noncombat damage that would be dealt to you and other permanents you control. Explosive Vegetation is great to hit when you are ramping up to Maelstrom Wanderer, and not all that great when it's flipped over for a cascade. I definitely think they are setting up characters for after this set’s storyline. It still acts as an explosive and chaotic win condition, but its power level and importance is going to change drastically depending on the makeup of the cards around it.

The Wanderer - Planeswalker - Cards - MTG Salvation. You'll also need to consider what color-fixing is in the cube. Alongside many other planeswalkers and Ravnicans, she fought against the Eternals of Bolas' Dreadhorde.

Nobody knows where she came from or her real name, but what they do know is that she is one of the most efficient and deadly warriors seen on any plane. In Commander, the archetype for building with Maelstrom Wanderer as a commander is simple: play with a lot of ramp and big, powerful spells, then cast the Wanderer.

The Wanderer. "I'm not sure. Well... obviously as long as there are cards that care about walkers by subtype, they will need them. Her condition makes her uniquely attuned to the Blind Eternities. How she came to be this way and if her spark is different from all others may be at the heart of her endless journey through the multiverseand her desire to hide her identity. The Wanderer. I'm pretty sure there was cackling involved. The Wanderer is expensive and harder to deal with the earlier in the game you cast it, so investing in the ramp spells is almost required. [1], The Wanderer is adept at swordplay, and is able to magically absorb kinetic energy and redirect that force through her massive sword. Posted in Card Preview

Maybe just a commander set reference in the future. I was wondering how wizards would handle a. Under the old rules, they needed to have a subtype.

I was at a convention with my buddy Dave when I first played Commander.

"You're going to love this format!" The energy crackling from within its wood-like frame, and the way the world and that poor, poor gazelle react to it, illustrates so dramatically that Maelstrom Wanderer is more than simply an outsider—it's an intruder. If you want ramping to be a major strategy, you'll want to make sure that there is the possibility to get the extra colors you need to cast the spell, which shouldn't be difficult at all. Not sure if they will be following Karn in his next adventure or possibly a story with Kamigawa, I could see this character coming back in a story with the global series planeswalkers. Posted in Card Preview She usually disappears quickly after a fight and stays hidden from investigators. The Wanderer didn't deny this and implied that Tezzeret was to blame for her disfigurement. But now my inspiration to build a Maelstrom Wanderer Commander deck is coming back. I don't usually have much fun with multiplayer Magic, and it just seems weird. The Wanderer was lured to Ravnica by the Interplanar Beacon, and immediately became trapped there due to Bolas's use of the Immortal Sun. But you don't play the Wanderer because you want a consistent effect every time; you play it because you want something to happen.