Big and stronger too, maybe Randy Newman on his own, playing his own accompaniment on the piano is, for my money, by far the best way to appreciate just how great a song “You’ve Got A Friend In Me” really is. You've got a friend in me (That's the truth) It is written and performed by Randy Newman. Plus on est solidaire. In fact I don’t think many songwriters, alive or dead, have written a better song. We stick together and can see it through J'ai les mêmes aussi Bigger and stronger too, maybe And even fewer which can reduce the most hard-bitten and cynical among us to tears with its message. The superficial message is fine, but there’s deeper meaning in the song too if you go looking for it. Y tú lo sabes, Los años pasarán It brings a message that goes far beyond the lives of the animated characters the song initially introduced to us. And there’s no better way to appreciate the brilliance of Randy Newman’s “You’ve Got A Friend In Me” than to watch its composer perform the song live. Je suis toujours là En tout cas, crois-moi, But none of them will ever love you The anticipation of experiencing the Magic Kingdom combined with the fantasy of seeing transportation and architecture unlike anything he has ever seen was enough to cause a Disney obsession that continues to this day. A little bit smarter than I am Certainly not the sort of tune you’d have got from one of those six-person songwriter-for-hire set-ups that appear so frequently at the top of the charts these days. A little bit smarter than I am Multiple hundreds of visits and many annual passes later, Karl still feels the same thrill when arriving at the main gate of any Disney park. Like so many great Disney songs, the symbolism of its words moves well beyond the film and provides an appropriate accompaniment to the events of the day for Disney. Yeah, you've got a friend in me, You've got a friend in me Ironically, the song was second in the final Oscar balloting to another great Disney song, Colors of the Wind (from Pocahontas) earned all the honors that year, including a Grammy. It's me and you, boy, And as the years go by You just remember what your old pal said The movie version of the Newman/Lovett duet has the same arrangement as the Newman solo, but the album version has a slower arrangement. You are just a click away from getting exclusive discounts off hotel stays and tickets below! Bigger and stronger too, maybe It’s not just the lyrics that make “You’ve Got A Friend In Me” such a special song. More than a theme, “You’ve Got A Friend In Me” infuses the ‘Toy Story’ movies as it’s used in different versions and as background music at various other points too. Written by: You've got a friend in me You've got a friend in me You've got troubles and I've got 'em too There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you We stick together and can see it through 'Cause you've got a friend in me You've got a friend in me. Tout les deux confondus comme les veines dans les bois, 'Cause you've got a friend in me (Yes, you do) Improve your playing via easy step-by-step video lessons! There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you Song Released: 1971. Sometimes we don’t think we’re big enough or strong enough, rich enough or smart enough, attractive enough or compassionate enough to be worthy of someone else’s friendship. Rappelle-toi c'que ton vieux pote disait. Thus, the meaning of the words, “You’ve got a friend in me” cannot be relegated to the film alone. When the road looks rough ahead You've got a friend in me (x3), You've got a friend in me Boy, you've got a friend in me Randy Newman wrote a delightful, whimsical and unexpectedly emotional song which is almost as important a part of the long-running ‘Toy Story’ franchise as its much-loved characters. Welcome to Disney Notes and the music of Disney. When the road looks rough ahead (Just before we get started properly, I’ve just noticed when I press “publish” on this article, it will be my 300th story on Medium. The song spoke of another important relationship – that of humans and nature. Si t'a des soucis, You've got a friend in me Son, you've got a friend in me, We stick together, we can see it through For those of us who lived through the lean years of Disney movie production, the significance and meaning of this song cannot be overstated. Mais je suis sûr Tu sais, je suis ton ami. You don’t just hear it over the titles. Just me and you, babe... And as the years have go by (Years have gone by) And you're miles and miles Our friendship will never die (Never die) If you watch Randy Newman sing it live on the video below, accompanying himself on the piano without any other singers or musicians, you get an even better sense of just how delightfully whimsical a song this is. James Taylor: You've Got a Friend Meaning. Here he is…, If you’ve read this far, thank you for spending a few moments in the company of one of my favourite songs. Que personne n't'aimera Je suis ton ami. But there’s almost too much going on, which prevents you appreciating the delightful jazz-infused whimsy at the heart of this very special song. Can't play "You've Got A Friend In Me (Fingerstyle)"? Yeah, you've got a friend in me, Some other folks might be It is also a coincidence that the song stops right at the verse: "And as the years go by, our friendship will never die", and goes right to the scene with the toys in the toy box planning their mission to get Andy to play with them. Randy Newman has been writing songs since the early 1960s, but probably none of them as famous as “You’ve Got A Friend In Me”, the theme tune for the ‘Toy Story’ movie franchise. And the movie version is great too. Oui, je suis ton ami. Randy Newman - You've Got A Friend In Me (Fingerstyle) Tab. On top of that, Randy Newman has picked up three Emmys and seven Grammys over the years. Spanish version (performed by the Gipsy Kings). That’s the gift of a very special sort of artist. I’ve seen grown men and cynical teenagers wipe away tears while listening to “You’ve Got A Friend In Me”. It is also sung by Wheezy (Robert Goulet) at the end of the film, and this version can be heard in its entirety during the end credits for the VHS/DVD/Blu-ray versions excluding the Outtakes and listed as Track 3 on the Toy Story 2 Soundtrack. However, the end result of the ongoing drama between John and Steve Jobs (owner of Pixar), Michael Eisner, and Jeffrey Ketzenberg (Disney film chairman) was a groundbreaking film completely animated by computer. He is the author of ", Disney Destinies: How Determination, Passion, and Patience Can Take Anyone Anywhere. Hay un amigo en mí, Hay muchos que pueden ser Hay un amigo en mí In the second film, a scene from Woody's Roundup features a Woody doll on the show singing this song on a guitar and then a kid on the set hugs him. Yeah! You're gonna see it's our destiny... Just me and you, babe, And as the years go by Toy Story "You've Got a Friend In Remix" OFFICIAL VERSION, Toy Story: "You've Got a Friend In Remix" OFFICIAL VERSION 2009, You've got a friend in me Sometimes the tears are a reminder of the special people in our lives and what they mean to us. They’re what make us who we are. It’s a song about a very special sort of friendship. Cuando salgas a volar Hay un amigo en mí Yeah, you've got a friend in me, You've got a friend in me That’s the sort of friendship Randy Newman writes about…, You’ve got a friend in meYou’ve got a friend in meWhen the road looks rough aheadAnd you’re miles and milesFrom your nice warm bedYou just remember what your old pal saidBoy, you’ve got a friend in meYeah, you’ve got a friend in me. The video is below, but if you prefer listening to your music on Spotify, you can find today’s track here… https://open.spotify.com/track/6lXQWATvzJE5nnuztROJIi, https://open.spotify.com/track/6lXQWATvzJE5nnuztROJIi, Dissecting Rap’s Uncanny Ability to Turn Memories Into Settings, Decca Records: A History Of “The Supreme Record Company”, The Rise, Fall, and Decay of Joyner Lucas, The Gays Are Reclaiming Country Music with Orville Peck, Best Motown Girl Groups: 10 Essential Acts You Need To Know.