He’s so sweet, charming, and completely hunky! As Kayla Eubanks was about to board a Southwest Airlines flight on Tuesday, she claims an employee stopped her and told her she was violating the airline’s “dress code” and was not able to do so. She also recently starred in the HBO film “Confirmation,” and previously starred in shows like “Friends With Better Lives,” “Whitney” and “Delocated.”. Picking up 20 years after the end of the iconic series, “New York Undercover” will follow detectives Nat Gilmore and Melissa Ortiz as they investigate the city’s most dangerous criminals from Harlem to Battery Park. I love that this book highlights the story of a cocky WOMAN lead in a literary universe that almost entirely focuses on men. I like that this was a slow burn and things took their time to progress and also talked about some very serious issues. pic.twitter.com/oJ4yqe9hLq. ABC has given pilot orders to the “New York Undercover” reboot and the single-cam comedy “Woman Up” from Zoe Lister-Jones. “How will my shirt impact my flight, for myself, the other passengers or even the pilot? The project hails from Lister-Jones, Single Parents co-creator Liz Meriwether, Jason Winer and Single Parents producer 20th Century Fox TV where Lister-Jones, Meriwether and Winer are under overall deals. “Y’all I was KICKED OFF my @SouthwestAir flight because my boobs are ‘lewd, obscene and offensive.’ I was told that passengers may look at me in my attire and be offended,” she tweeted, including a photo of the “attire in question.”, Y’all I was KICKED OFF my @SouthwestAir flight because my boobs are “lewd, obscene and offensive.” I was told that passengers may look at me in my attire and be offended. The more I read from Claire Raye the more I completely fall in love with their writing and stories. All the quotable moments made this a must read for me easily! So what did I love about this story so much, you ask? Snap/REX/Shutterstock ABC has given pilot orders to the “ New York Undercover ” reboot and the single-cam comedy “Woman Up” from Zoe Lister-Jones. Just click the "Edit page" button at the bottom of the page or learn more in the Plot Summary submission guide. Variety and the Flying V logos are trademarks of Variety Media, LLC. Life in Pieces star Zoe Lister-Jones is set to direct Woman Up, her single camera comedy which recently received a pilot order at ABC. Copyright © 2020 Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. All rights reserved. | This book was the complete package and so much more! She later takes the shirt off, prompting supervisors to speak with her upon landing. Raw video: ISIS terrorists execute captured Jordanian pilot Lt. Muath al-Kaseasbeh It is a story that will take you on a trip of drama, perseverance and love. Woman Up (TV Series) Pilot. In fact, he does his best to derail the gossip about her. And from the looks of the upcoming projects, 2019 is going to be great. The attire in question: https://t.co/tOAxZsFDU5 pic.twitter.com/S9W9gFXpg6, “I really wanna know why @SouthwestAir is policing my clothes like this,” she said in another tweet. ; Women pilots' share is growing, but by less than 1ppt over a decade. Top read 2020! He is a freelance journalist based in New York City writing about everything from music to LGBTQ issues. All Rights reserved. She also co-wrote, produced and starred in the indie comedy, Breaking Upwards and she wrote/directed the independent feature Band Aid which premiered at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival. 've been having some ruff days the past week and reading always makes me feel better. The way the Claire Raye duo always delivers on their books is amazing! It looks like we don't have any Plot Summaries for this title yet. Half of the employees were complimenting me & the other half was asking where my shirt was.”, In the video, one of the employees gets a hold of the captain so that he can speak to Eubanks. Your Complete Guide to Pilots and Straight-to-Series orders They don’t shy away from societal issues, they write strong women who aren’t afraid to stand up and shout from the rooftops. I laughed and smiled throughout this book, it's the perfect book to curl up under a blanket with. Woman Up (TV Series) Pilot. In addition to their shared love of food and dropping an occasional (read. “If it’s there, why don’t y’all know it?”. Jake Campbell is a total dream book boyfriend! This is the conversation the 2 @SouthwestAir supervisors had with me. The past year of TV has been nothing short of stellar, so all of the new pilots in the works must bring their A-game. Frequent Wolf collaborators Arthur W. Forney and Peter Jankowski will also executive produce. And Alexa, what a powerhouse she was, loved the woman in power book. Yes, she's been burned, but she doesn't let anything stop her, and you will seriously get to see just how fierce and mighty she is (especially in the face of adversity) throughout this book. Alexa is a captain for the airline she works for, she works twice as hard with not the same pay. I like that this was a slow burn and things took their time to progress and also talked about some very serious issues. Alexa ends up giving Jake a chance not really thinking that much will come out of there time together but what she learns from Jake is not what she notices, he cares about her and is not threatened with her position and he also ignores the bad reputation that she gotten, (that part burned me up) if she were a man she wouldn't have had it. Pin-Up Pilot is Claire Raye’s contribution to Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward’s Cocky Hero World, and I love it. I really enjoyed watching these tre work fall for eachother and build a relationship. He approaches Eubanks, saying, “They’re hating on you because you’re looking good, is that right?”, The @SouthwestAir employee stopped looking for this policy and caught the Captain coming out of the bathroom and asked him to intervene. | In the video, the supervisors agree with the employees that the top “revealed quite a bit” and that “maybe others on the aircraft” will consider her top to be offensive. Alexa is a take no sh$t from anyone. As the only female captain in the male dominated airline that she was works for, Alexa fights not only for what she deserves in terms of pay equity but also to distance herself from reputation as the friendly in “flying the friendly skies.” Jake is her first officer who gives her the worst first impression. First there is Jake...he was cocky, of course, but not obnoxiously so. Lieutenant Madeline Swegle, who made history as the U.S. Navy's first Black female tactical fighter pilot… When boarding a Southwest Airlines flight on Tuesday, Kayla Eubanks said she was held at the gate due to her clothing. Meriwether recently co-created the ABC comedy series “Single Parents” and worked with Lister-Jones when the latter guest starred on “New Girl.” Jason Winer and Jon Radler will also executive produce via their Small Dog Picture Company. In addition to their shared love of food and dropping an occasional (read, a lot of) f bombs, the writing duo that is Claire Raye like to write about strong, sassy females who aren’t afraid to say what’s on their mind and the overprotective men who fall in love with them. To see what your friends thought of this book. This book was the complete package and so much more! Jake is intrigued by Alexa however she seems to have a stick up her butt but that is not going. Watch their story unfold. Both halves of Claire Raye are married and both of their husbands have a cheeky side that gets plenty of airtime in their books. Eubanks recorded as an employee searched for the “dress code policy” the airline was trying to enforce. Girl seen being sexually assaulted during her online class, Woman says landlord is evicting her because she’s having suicidal thoughts, ‘Karen’ refuses to share elevator with Black man, tells him to get out, Report says shadowbanning is real—and it’s suppressing sex workers, ‘Christian Girl Autumn’ influencer donates to trans meme creator who made her famous, Mom interrupts Google Meet class after teacher’s remarks about George Floyd, Woman twerking for Salt Bae​ gets berated by abusive ‘boyfriend’ in viral TikTok. I seriously have no words for this book aside from ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE but I will try to muster some up! She was a lady on a mission. 1919 - Harriette Harmon becomes the first female ever to fly from Washington D.C. to New York City as a passenger. Where to began? I loved that Claire was able to create such a strong and powerful heroine, Alexa has a interesting past that many feel defines her. pic.twitter.com/1uiBgAzKV2. Pin-Up Pilot hooked me from the first page, and I was happy to devour this one in a single sitting. 4 Kayla Eubanks was unable to board a Southwest flight due to her outfit Credit: Twitter She realizes that she cares more about Jake than she thought and then boom, something happens that will shake that foundation, read it my friends and fight out.. Claire Raye, I am definitely a new fan! Not only is Claire Raye a really sweet pen name, it’s actually a pen name for two sarcastic best friends who met through their mutual love of reading. Refresh and try again. He has a secret of his own that is devastating to Alexa. The Customer was allowed to travel on her scheduled itinerary, and we also reached out to her directly to apologize for her experience and provide a refund of her fare as a gesture of goodwill.”. This is my first read from this author, and it totally will not be my last. Much like the heroine, Alexa Purdy, who is the only female pilot at her airline, Pin-Up Pilot successfully shows that a woman can definitely hold her own and stand equal to her male counterparts. Alexa is a pilot in a man's world. She was a lady on a mission. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. Among global airlines surveyed by the International Society of Women Airline Pilots, the US big three have the highest number of women pilots. Jake was such a sweet hottie, totally not what I expected when I first started reading. Life in Pieces star Zoe Lister-Jones is set to direct Woman Up, her single camera comedy which recently received a pilot order at ABC. Lister-Jones executive produces via her Ms. Lister Films banner with Meriwether and Winer and Jon Radler via Winer’s Small Dog Picture Company. From their smart mouths to their witty one-liners, there’s plenty of material to use for all those alpha males they love to write about. Their story has chemistry, adventure and passion. Single. We want to hear from you! I can honestly tell you that this book is one of the best book of the year. Oh I loved this book, it was exactly what I needed and didn’t even know it! Where to began? Be the first to contribute! I loved the Aussie references and phases, as an Aussie I love seeing this is books. Just click the "Edit page" button at the bottom of the page or learn more in the Plot Summary submission guide. I laughed and smiled throughout this. So what did I love about this story so much, you ask? This book shines a light on Alexa’s struggles of being a female pilot with a controversial background.