though it don’t feel right they’re depersonalized So that was the idea of that. With that, it's different for girls "It’s Different for Girls" is a song by Joe Jackson appearing on his 1979 album, I'm the Man. Last.fm Music | Copyright © 2020 CBS Interactive Inc. / All rights reserved. A different live version appeared on the 2000 album Summer in the City: Live in New York. it’s different not a masculine dissonance "It's Different for Girls" contained lyrics that feature Jackson "deliberately turn[ing] clichés on their head" in that, while originally sounding as if the song would suggest that the male protagonist was looking for sex and his female partner was looking for love, the opposite is revealed to be the case. It’s just a minor bump in the road. ", which still gets extensive US FM radio airplay; for his 1982 hit, "Steppin' Out"; and for his 1984 success with "You Can't Get What You Want (Till You Know What You Want)". A live version appeared on Live 1980/86 in 1987, having been recorded on Jackson's Big World tour in 1986. They are mercurial creatures Covers have been recorded and released by several different artists. They don't have to size up We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. No, not love she said, 27 Best Ever Songs From Movie Soundtracks, NEW SONG: AC/DC - "Shot In The Dark" - LYRICS, HOT SONG: 21 Savage x Metro Boomin - "My Dawg​" - LYRICS. 17 Oct. 2020. You don't, or s-xual currency, though some women are demons, all of them are gods it’s different for girls talk about role reversal. And honestly, in my experience, in real life, there are just as many girls who are looking for short-term hookups as guys, even though the stereotype says that girls are needy and looking to bag husbands. 100% agree with rikku. Possibly mean it, Think you know music? "It's Different for Girls" was covered by English duo Siskin, as their debut single in 2008. Taken from the Gold-certified 1979 album I'm the Man, "It's Different for Girls" was Joe Jackson's biggest UK chart single, peaking at #5 in the UK Singles Chart and #101 in Billboard. No, not love she said Don't you know that it's different for girls? They don't piss on the seat During the Laughter and Lust tour, it was performed as a duet with Joy Askew. I cant seem to say or do the right thing, No, it don't feel right, Though some women are demons, all of them are gods Get instant explanation for any acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the web! "Come On" was released as a bonus track on the 2001 reissue of I'm the Man - prior to this it had only been available on Propaganda, a 1979 A&M records sampler notable for live tracks from Joe Jackson and The Police. Dont you know that it's different for girls X2, Your all the same (repeat X4, fading out). They're not numbed by oppression Lyrics Terms of Use. The song opens with a simple repeated two-note pattern on guitar which is quickly joined by a pulse on bass and drums. So no one else can compete, They are chaos and mystery I think its about a girl who just wants sex, and a guy who wants more. they’ve got sensitive language Let's remember, this is New Wave music -- Joe was turning stereotypes on their heads. And then they want to be left alone Or create an elite from when they are children it’s different for girls of montreal – it’s different for girls lyrics : it’s different for girls they’ve got sensitive language they’ve built miles of defenses they’re not numbed by oppression it’s different for girls from when they are children they’re depersonalized aggressively objectified they want to make a scene they want to be adored and then they want to be left alone when they get bored with It's different for girls. Don't you know that it's different for girls, ... Its Different For Girls – Joe Jackson. Full chord legend. They want to be adored [1] Glide Magazine ranked it as Jackson's 5th best song.[2]. They're depersonalized She said, Joe Jackson (born David Ian Jackson, 11 August 1954) is an English musician and singer-songwriter now living in Berlin, whose five Grammy Award nominations span from 1979 to 2001. Log in now to tell us what you think this song means. They don't spit on the street Well give me all you got without love. And again, I thought, What could that be about? I know it's different for girls That's what you are And oh, I know I just don't understand why it's different for girls So we have a few and a little more and a little more and a little more How to play "Its Different For Girls" Print. In the second section of the verse the dynamics change, with two strident beats on the lyrics "She said", and then drop back down to a quieter chorus driven by a slow arpeggiated guitar pattern, over which the vocal floats in a more complex melody, before returning to the original two-note guitar and bass pulse of the introduction. Last.fm Music | Copyright © 2020 CBS Interactive Inc. / All rights reserved. Simplest way to play this by using a capo. No, not love she said, You wanna here some,   Copyright: Writer(s): Joe Jackson Lyrics Terms of Use. Dont you know that it's different for girls, @snarkycharming yes, as you said, the stereotype is that guys want “freedom” and girls want “security”, and it makes me wonder if all the supposed passing on of “knowlEdge” to the new generations isn’t ALL bullshit, in this joke of Patriarchy. No, not love she said, Lyrics.com. "It’s Different for Girls" is a song by Joe Jackson appearing on his 1979 album, I'm the Man. He was popular for his pop/rock and New Wave music early on before moving to more eclectic, though less commercially successful, pop/jazz/classical hybrids. [Acappella], You Can't Get What You Want (Till You Know What You Want). Anything, No, not love she said, Dont you know that it's different for girls X2 Your all the same (repeat X4, fading out) Don't you know that it's different for girls, though some demons are women For every one psycho chick, there's 10, 000 hateful pricks