National Team: us USA (College) Full Name: Sonny Douglas Gray Twitter: @SonnyGray2. Skip to navigation. Gray finished at 80 pitches and likely would have pitched deeper were it not his first start off the injured list. Let’s hope that September ERA drops a bit tonight as he takes on the Milwaukee Brewers. Gray has been on the 10-day injured list since Sept. 13 -- retroactive to Sept. 11 -- with a strained back. 23 prospect by MLB Pipeline, Antone has appreciated the chance to learn at the big league level for the first time. Sonny Gray Stats, Fantasy & News. We’re playing together. “Then you kind of get used to it a little bit learning from, becoming friends with these vets that have been here for a long time. at His ERA in that span is a robust 24.75. OddsShark does not target an audience under the age of 18. 6-keys: media/fantasynews/mlb/reg/free/stories. *Terms and Conditions apply to all bonus offers on this website. “I would throw a bullpen at Prasco and it would go great. Covering the impact of coronavirus on the sports world. Find detailed Sonny Gray stats on FOXSports.com. Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe. Sonny Gray - 2020 MLB Baseball pitcher handicapping stats, history and betting odds. The handicapping, sports odds information contained on this website is for entertainment purposes only. .written-content-page #main { Gray dealt from Yanks to Reds, signs extension. Miley, who has been out with a strained left shoulder since Aug. 28, threw a three-inning sim game at Great American Ball Park on Saturday. Latest on Cincinnati Reds starting pitcher Sonny Gray including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on ESPN © 2004-2020 CBS Interactive. All major league baseball data including pitch type, velocity, batted ball location, Explore all {Team} MLB player stats - including batting average, RBIs, home runs & more! Explore all {Team} MLB player stats - including batting average, RBIs, home runs & more! Sonny Gray's MLB 2020 stats and betting trends including score, moneyline records, goals, dates played and more. Follow him on Twitter @m_sheldon and Facebook. All UZR (ultimate zone rating) calculations are provided courtesy of Mitchel Lichtman. Cincinnati's lead was five runs with two outs in the sixth inning when Antone replaced Tyler Mahle with two men on. “He’s thrown off a mound, and the other days he’s just played catch,” manager David Bell said on Saturday afternoon. Reported as the pre-2020 season number of waiver options remaining. It’s just on a little bit bigger stage, so it’s been a fun journey so far.”. Bell and pitching coach Derek Johnson are planning on a four-man rotation for the season's final week; they could trim that to a three-man rotation if Cincinnati can reach the postseason. A couple of days ago, I threw a bullpen, and knock on wood, everything has felt good throughout the recovery process into today. as distributed by STATS. At this point it feels more like baseball to me. “I feel good right now. The right-hander blanked Milwaukee through four innings, but Tyrone Taylor took him deep with a solo shot during the fifth. CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. Commissioner.com is a registered trademark of CBS Interactive Inc. site: fantasynews | arena: mlb | pageType: stories | Cincinnati Reds. Visit operator for details. 9:32 pm ET, Reds' Sonny Gray: No-decision in Minnesota, Reds' Sonny Gray: Activated ahead of start, Reds' Sonny Gray: Won't be limited in return, Reds' Sonny Gray: Slated to start Tuesday, Reds' Sonny Gray: Expected to start against Brewers, Reds' Sonny Gray: Hopeful to return in final week. Thornburg, who had a 3.86 ERA in seven appearances this season, was injured during a Sept. 10 game vs. the Cubs. Tomorrow and the next day will be a big step forward.”. All Win Expectancy, Leverage Index, Run Expectancy, and Fans Scouting Report data licenced from TangoTiger.com. “He’s getting to a point where he’s not feeling anything. Gray gave up one run on two hits and one walk over five innings during Tuesday's loss to the Brewers. Find detailed Sonny Gray stats on FOXSports.com. Miley could wind up in the bullpen, and using him as an opener, if needed, hasn't been ruled out. All minor league baseball data provided by Major League Baseball Advanced Media He’s one of our best,” Bell said before Miley threw on Saturday. Gray, Miley inch closer to returning to Reds. ... 2020 NL Cent Standings. He had eight strikeouts and didn't factor in the decison. Copyright: © 2020 ESPN Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved. He has pitched out of the bullpen in the past, so we’ll just have to figure it out. Nothing is real clear as to when he would get activated or what role he would pitch in, but it sure is nice to have him waiting in the wings if everything goes well today.”. Will Manny, Bryce join long list of Yankees' shiny new toys? See Sonny Gray weekly game logs. I would say there will be one more side here this weekend. He has a 3.86 ERA in four starts and a 1.17 ERA in seven relief appearances. Sonny Gray - 2020 MLB Baseball pitcher handicapping stats, history and betting odds. I’m just trying to figure out the whole Major League thing -- the on-the-field stuff, the off-the-field stuff,” he said. and play-by-play data provided by Baseball Info Solutions. Latest on Cincinnati Reds starting pitcher Sonny Gray including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on ESPN. by Retrosheet. Rookie right-hander Tejay Antone has been a breakout prospect this season, with successful outings as both a starter and reliever. Copyright © 2008-2020 OddsShark. overflow: hidden; We’re doing it, and it’s all starting to click.”. “I think I got up and down three times and threw 50 game pitches and probably 35 in the ‘pen,” Miley said. But in his two starts in September he’s allowed 11 hits, 11 earned runs, walked six batters, and struck out just five in just 4.0 innings. Gray has a 3.73 ERA, 1.22 WHIP and 68:22 K:BB through 50.2 innings and potentially lines up to pitch Sunday's regular-season finale at Minnesota. Then two days would go by, and I wasn’t bouncing back. Mark Sheldon has covered the Reds for MLB.com since 2006, and previously covered the Twins from 2001-05. He exited the contest with a 2-1 lead but the bullpen was unable to hold on. Both have taken positive steps in recent days. Regular Season Stats IP H R ER HR BB K GB FB P TBF AGSC Dec Rel ERA; Totals: 56.0: 42: 26: 23: 4: 26: 72: 56: 37: 968: 235: 0.0--3.70 }. Antone walked his first batter, Yoán Moncada, to load the bases, but he escaped the jam by striking out Luis Robert on three pitches -- all sliders. ... Sonny Gray #54 2020. Check out our. As soon he swung at the first pitch, I was like, ‘I got you.’, “Even though the run differential was a little wide, it could have got out of hand very quickly. Both have taken positive steps in recent days. Does Sonny Gray trade make Reds better or just more interesting? “I kind of knew what I had, and I know I have an advantage against right-handers, like pretty heavily. He had eight strikeouts and didn't factor in the decison. “I’d face Luis Robert a few times in the Minor Leagues,” Antone said on Saturday. “He’s left-handed, but it is a different time of year where we’re going with less starters. He’s eligible for activation on Sunday, but that isn’t going to happen. Team Date Transaction; September 22, 2020: Cincinnati Reds activated RHP Sonny Gray from the 10-day injured list. Ranked as the Reds’ No. We just recently updated our player pages for mobile and added a few new features! I wasn’t recovering,” Miley said. Reliever Tyler Thornburg underwent Tommy John surgery on Friday to repair a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow. Gray has been on the 10-day injured list since Sept. CINCINNATI -- The Reds are feeling more optimistic that their two injured starting pitchers -- Sonny Gray and Wade Miley -- could be back during the final week of the regular season. Betting stats and traditional stats for Cincinnati Reds player Sonny Gray, including pitching splits and historical stats. It’s been fun.