I've got desire.

I remember that last season I played. 1 And my father didn't have money for me to go to college. I played with Willie Mays and against Hank Aaron.

But what it most truly is, is disguised combat. Willie Mays could throw better, and Hank Aaron could hit more home runs. Pedro Martinez got traded. https://www.quotes.net/authors/Willie+Mays+Quotes.

I’m a very lucky guy. Those are God-given talents, too.

But I'm just going to go out there and be myself. Sometimes when I'm lying in bed at night I think about it. I knew how to play. I was very blessed with a good body. You show some positive things and everybody jumps on that and says you should be the next Willie Mays. Complete list of quotes and quotations by Willie Mays. Robinson was important to all blacks. You must also be prepared to work hard and be willing to accept constructive criticism. You must also be prepared to work hard and be willing to accept constructive criticism.

I always enjoyed playing ball, and it didn't matter to me whether I played with white kids or black. Ted Williams. When I got to professional ball I used to play 150 games every year. I wanted to be like them on the field, and I am so damn proud to join them in the Hall of Fame.

Just be yourself and you'll never have a problem. With the Giants I broadcast the debut of Hall of Famer Willie Mays. So it was like a community thing. I've got hustle. But I've got enthusiasm.

How can you explain that You cry because you love her. I would try and help everybody, because the game was so easy for me. Quotes #1. Votes: 3, I'm not sure what the hell charisma is, but I get the feeling it's Willie Mays. Votes: 3, I think anybody who saw him will tell you that Willie Mays was the greatest player who ever lived. Quotes Willie Mays. When I was in Birmingham I used to go to a place called Redwood Field. Willie Mays was the best baseball player I ever saw. It still makes me warm. But, when I'm hitting, I hit anybody. But of course in my time, you didn't have a lot of television during the regular season.

I wanted to be like them on the field, and I am so damn proud to join them in the Hall of Fame. I had so many people help me over the years that I never had many problems. People talk about that catch and, I've said this many times, that I've made better catches than that many times in regular season. Willie Mays Quotes. Billy Mays, They invented the All-Star game for Willie Mays. Votes: 3, There have only been two authentic geniuses in the world, Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare and I think you'd better put Shakespeare first, darling. The only time I was in the hospital was when I would get exhausted a little bit, and go in for a check-up or something. Votes: 3, I have to give Mays one edge, durability. My on-field heroes were the great Ernie Banks, Billy Williams, and Willie Mays. That's what I did. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. I had some great role models along the way. I'm not trying to brag or anything, but I had the knowledge before I became a professional baseball player to do all these things and know what each guy would hit. But when I'm hitting, I hit anybody. Willie Mays got traded. Never was in the hospital.

They invented the All-Star game for Willie Mays. Web. I think I was programmed to do good things when I came into the majors.

I've always played for the acceptance of my godfather (Willie Mays) and father (Bobby Bonds). They were tremendous players, but they were no Josh Gibson. They should practice, because you want to know what's happening as far as - when the game is concerned. Votes: 3 Votes: 0. Available for download in high resolution.

Votes: 3, If I'm compared to Babe Ruth or Willie Mays, that's great. It's tough on a young player coming up.

Votes: 3, With the Giants I broadcast the debut of Hall of Famer Willie Mays. As much as I loved Jackie Robinson, Roy Campanella, Junior Gilliam, and Don Newcombe, I loved watching Willie Mays play more than all of them combined, even if he played for the 'bad guys!'. It's not hard. Otherwise, if I had a chance to trade for either player, I'd pick Mantle. Votes: 3, I want to establish myself as the first Eric Davis, not the next Willie Mays. "Willie Mays Quotes."

… They hit the ball, I catch it. Those are God-given talents, too. That's part of the game. Votes: 3, Willie Mays was the best ever. I'm a very lucky guy. I was a baseball player, I taught baseball, and all of a sudden I was in the business world. That was a lot of money in those days.

STANDS4 LLC, 2020. Votes: 4 I never dreamed about being President, I wanted to be Willie Mays. I cried, I guess, because I loved baseball and I knew I had to leave it. If I'm compared to Babe Ruth or Willie Mays, that's great. 36 Wallpapers With Willie Mays Quotes. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps." When I'm not hitting, I don't hit nobody.

- Willie Mays Visit FamousQuotes.com for more inspirational quotes. There have only been two authentic geniuses in the world, Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare and I think you'd better put Shakespeare first, darling. If I had a problem, I could sit down with someone and they would explain the problem to me, and the problem become like a baseball game. We might have gotten rid of Willie (Mays) forever if I'd only struck him out. Never got hurt.

Votes: 3, Willie Mays could throw better, and Hank Aaron could hit more home runs. Votes: 3, I've been hearing this since I first joined the Reds organization, that I'm going to be the next this or that. Sometimes when I'm lying in bed at night I think about it. Votes: 3, If you want to know who was better, me or Willie Mays, you have to look at our career stats. I think anybody who saw him will tell you that Willie Mays was the greatest player who ever lived. I only had four or five good years. In order to excel, you must be completely dedicated to your chosen sport.

And Willie's bottom line was better. Now I used the baseball world to talk about their product. Not too much, just enough to keep going. My on-field heroes were the great Ernie Banks, Billy Williams, and Willie Mays.

It is also a business. I just played every day and enjoyed what I was doing. It's tough on a young player coming up. I was making 500 at 14. At 15 I was playing professional ball with the Birmingham Black Barons, so I really came very quickly in all sports. willie mays pleasure In order to excel, you must be completely dedicated to your chosen sport. Votes: 3, I never dreamed about being President, I wanted to be Willie Mays.

He had to take all this for years, not just for Jackie Robinson, but for the nation. But I'm just going to go out there and be myself. When I was in college I once made a catch like the one Mays made over his head. Votes: 3, As much as I loved Jackie Robinson, Roy Campanella, Junior Gilliam, and Don Newcombe, I loved watching Willie Mays play more than all of them combined, even if he played for the 'bad guys!' That's how easy baseball was for me. You show some positive things and everybody jumps on that and says you should be the next Willie Mays. He was something like zero for twenty-one the first time I saw him. . A lot of people didn't see me do a lot of things. Otherwise, if I had a chance to trade for either player, I'd pick Mantle. Mickey isn't sound and Willie is. Votes: 3, Come on, when does it come to the point where your name can't come up in trade talks?

I never understood why an issue was made of who I played with, and I never felt comfortable, when I grew up, telling other people how to act. Willie Mays Quotes "Baseball is a game, yes. It still makes me warm. So what? Votes: 3, I had some great role models along the way. The greatest challenge I think is adjusting to not playing baseball. Every time I look at my pocketbook, I see Jackie Robinson. To make it into the majors and to take all the name calling, he had to be something special. I couldn't drive, but I had it in the parking lot there, and everybody that could drive would drive the car. – Willie Mays. They invented the All-Star game for Willie Mays.