News, lawsuits, housing and demography stories, links giving Census details, methods and occasional OC from Washington. Her son was pulling up to visit her and gave me all the info he was extremely handsome and well mannered which was a bonus. It doesn't appear in any feeds, and anyone with a direct link to it will see a message like this one. This is the Census's PR problem, not my problem. A community to ask questions or discuss anything pertaining to the decennial U.S. Census or the U.S. Census Bureau. I told him I'd already done it. If you give false answers, you're subject to a fine of up to $500. 78. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Lady: "uhhh I don't think so..." *closes door slowly*, Me: "Someone will have to come back unless you answer the questionnaire.". Posted by. If you don't respond to the U.S. Census, the first thing that will happen is a bunch of knocks on your door as representatives attempt to take the information from you in person. According to information from the Census Bureau, it’s against the law not to complete the census. Yelled at me for a couple minutes. Still try to do … save hide report. I want to say "Know what happens when you crush a ladybug? Last one of this sort (50-ish) wouldn't respond and claimed that the house was just his office. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the USCensus2020 community. no comments yet. With the census coming up in the US this year, I was thinking about what happens if you don’t respond. I've thrown them away for the last 25 years. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Very seldom does the census prosecute you. Dad says "My son likes to think he's living off-the-grid. Thanks. Got an idea for the (2023?) tl;dr: They are a real branch of government, you are required by law to fill it out and they can fine you up to $5000 for not complying, but fees have not been collected since 1970. edit: More specific wiki entry. Cookies help us deliver our Services. And remember your tax dollars are paying for my hourly Wages, so every time I come back that’s money coming out of your tax dollars. I had one of those interacted with her for about two weeks the last encounter she went inside and said fuck off. It has 200 questions and can take up to four hours." Yup, when my friend was working it, he would say,” I’ll see you tomorrow then or someone else will!”. However, if you don't there is almost never any actual penalty applied. Time. If she had listened to me ( or the previous two enumerators) for 30 seconds I would have asked that and we wouldn’t have been back to bother her again. I'm glad he was extremely handsome and well mannered. I usually try to get gender and age if I can. There are a lot of questions about the upcoming 2020 Census. If you don’t respond to the U.S. Census, the first thing that will happen is a bunch of knocks on your door as representatives attempt to take the information from you in person. According to United States Code, Title 13 (Census), Chapter 7 (Offenses and Penalties), SubChapter II, if you're over 18 and refuse to answer all or part of the census, you can be fined up to $100. She then saw us conversing and she lost her mind but I already got all the info. This is completely voluntary but don't count on having work if you don't. Then we all fistbumped and had a beer Dad sorta smiled and sighed. If you don't respond, you can expect the Census Bureau to follow up in person to collect the information they need. Technically under the law you are required to answer the 10 year Enumeration Census questions. I get paid to keep knocking on doors, either theirs' again or the neighbors. You'll get paid mileage and a per diem and the Census will cover your hotel. The Trump administration conducts the 2020 Census! This thread is archived . They will actually send someone out to your house to get the information from you. 78 “If you don’t answer this questionnaire today, we’ll have to come back tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day.” Close. So it's more like "If you answer this questionnaire today, we'll come back every single day anyway". Enumerator. Generally speaking, census data is used to make decisions about your locale. Press J to jump to the feed. More comprehensive than partisan. r/AskReddit: r/AskReddit is the place to ask and answer thought-provoking questions. Like, m/32 f/31 m/13. Kid used advisedly here, as they are generally ~35-60. Be the first to share what you think! So, you are wasting everyone's tax money by not filling out the paper form and sending it in. It says it's required by law. Then a guy came to my apartment to make me fill it out. But I went through the tests and initial training. Like, what happens if you don't respond to the survey? tl;dr: Max fine is $100-$500, but it is not considered a crime to refuse and the Census Bureau is "not an enforcement agency" and does not seek to collect fines. It usually works and it made the bald guy laugh, The door usually slams halfway through that question. Sort by. If you refuse to give out the information or you deliberately give inaccurate information, you can be in legal trouble. I had one of these a few days ago. Post it on this sub! Press J to jump to the feed. the government surveillance drones are gonna swoop down and pluck your eyes out. If I can get that extra out of them even better. I went next door to do the proxy and was told the lady has just moved in two weeks ago. Then be like ok I’ll have to knock on the doors of all of your neighbors to ask about you. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I also like to add, hey I’ll be back. The undercount is underway! unfortunately I'm at the point though where I'm given the same addresses almost every day and I've already knocked on every house on the block's door with either no answer or no knowledge of the census address, it gets old really fast. What if I don’t do the census? lol. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the NoStupidQuestions community, Press J to jump to the feed. He still doesn't believe it. I know this because I signed up to do this at one point. ", I say "Tough sell when you're living rent-free in your parent's backyard.". Some people really do enjoy being ornery for no reason. 100% Upvoted. 8 comments. Just more data collection for corrupt purposes. I had been trying this with people who were generally reasonable just trying to say that it would result in some inconvenience for others but I stopped after some dude freaked out and kept telling that I was threatening him. We just mark you as refused and your neighborhood won't get the proper funding it needs. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Show up with an unusually-chipper face and say “Good Afternoon, sir, remember me? User account menu. The Verify team got answers. Just answer the damn questionnaire so you don’t have to be annoyed when someone shows up every day to get you to do it! Your state and city get slightly less funding, My state could gain a Representative and my county would get a lot of federal funding, both of which are needed. Kills me every time. I’ll be back at your door every single day until you answer my questions!”, I will literally tell them, just tell me how many people lived here April 1st and I'll get out of your hair. And guess who has to go back there today? Then a woman came to my apartment and made me do it again. Here is an article that addresses this.. tl;dr: They are a real branch of government, you are required by law to fill it out and they can fine you up to $5000 for not complying, but fees have not been collected since 1970.. edit: More specific wiki entry. First, let’s be clear. I have a feeling due to the virus it might not happen anytime soon. r/AskReddit is the place to ask and answer thought-provoking questions. Sorry, this post was deleted by the person who originally posted it. Experts say it’s unlikely you’ll actually have to dish out thousands of dollars to the Census Bureau if you don’t respond — but you should still make it a priority. 2030 Census? Just answer the damn questionnaire so you don’t have to be annoyed … Press J to jump to the feed. According to United States Code, Title 13 (Census), Chapter 7 (Offenses and Penalties), SubChapter II, if you're over 18 and refuse to answer all or part of the census, you can be fined up to $100. There are also around 10 other Census surveys being taken during each year. was he her. Log in sign up. No idea how it is used in the US but in NZ, the data is used to allocate funding to schooling projects, community groups, regional developments, research, and many other things which the government pays for. Every. The Census Bureau is actively hiring for the ongoing 2020 Census! share. Middle-aged, middle-ish income (and white) being the worst. I have a lot of proxies that just give me "2 people". If you're being asked to travel, it's probably because your area is finished. Press J to jump to the feed. Do you want a swarm of enumerators showing up tomorrow with the special 'long form' used only for the difficult people?