[Verse 2] He’s growing from inside me By planting trees and shrubs Eh-eh-eh "Smelly refugees", We are weeds, vegetation, dense undergrowth She tries to get rid of those feelings, since they’re unwanted, like weeds. Your broken words'll come floating back to you. Like weeds Yeah, I tried to keep it covered up 18 Non-Traditional Yet Perfect Wedding Songs, NEW SONG: AC/DC - "Shot In The Dark" - LYRICS, HOT SONG: 21 Savage x Metro Boomin - "My Dawg​" - LYRICS. In a track-by-track interview about FROOT, Marina said about “Weeds”: To be honest, [it] is the one I can relate to the least now. Like weeds, like weeds

And your broken words'll come floating back to you It keeps coming back like weed You cheat your brother and drag him through the weeds

Little boxes on the hillside, Little boxes all the same, There's a green one and a pink one And a blue one and a yellow one Like weeds, like weeds (We'd like to get you out of your mind)

Yeah, I thought I cut him at the root And I just don’t know what I can do [Guitar Solo] [Bridge] Like weeds, yeah, yeah Baby, baby, baby, baby. And God knows that sex is

And your hateful words'll come floating back to you You cheat your brother and drag him through the weeds A sharp quick incision should be all you need And soon you will see That we'll all be damned in the morning

I thought I cut him at the root But he keeps growing back

You want some entertainment? Like weeds, yeah, yeah, yeah But none of them were ours

(Aaa) At least you taught me how to love, how to love, love (We'd like to get you out of your mind) There weeds will grow

We'll all be damned in the evening too You cut half your heart, it makes it hard to grow Baby, just open your eyes to see [Chorus] And when nothing feels enough Didn't anyone mention? Wound up in some holdin' camp [Chorus]

Your broken words'll come floating back to you Didn't anyone teach you power is all you need? Somewhere outside Leeds, Because we do not care to fight When you fancy booze an' drugs, If you think it's a crime Baby, just open your eyes to see Like weeds, like weeds Like weeds, yeah, yeah Like weeds, like weeds Like weeds, yeah, yeah, yeah

Through cracks in the pavement

While these weeds get deeper as I turn around And time grows older and I've grown colder So long has passed that I forgot to count These weeds have grown where the sun once shown

Copyright: Writer(s): Jarvis Branson Cocker, Mark Andrew Webber, Candida Doyle, Stephen Patrick Mackey, Nick Banks Lyrics Terms of Use, We came across the North Sea Like weeds, yeah, yeah, yeah It seems very far away from me. (For all time)

(Weed, weed, weed, weed). We'll all be damned in the evening too Because we got no homes, they call us He’s growing from inside me I miss all of my exes A sharp quick incision should be all you need Like weeds The places you don't go, This cut price dairy produce It is most likely about her issues with remembering her past lover and their relationship. My friends, we are the weeds Gonna cut you down in your prime, yeah (We'd like to get you out of your mind) For a little time We'll all be damned when the sun don't shine Cause he keeps growing back [Chorus] We'll all be damned when the sun don't shine It's just a matter of time, yeah “Weeds” is the 10th track on Marina And The Diamonds' third studio album FROOT. Love is not a sign we care to know Yeah-eah-eah, yeah-eah-eah, eh-eh-eh, eh-eh-eh And I just don’t know what I can do Yeah-eah-eah, yeah-eah-eah, eh-eh-eh, eh-eh-eh They’re the only ones that know me I thought I cut him at the root

Like weeds, like weeds Like weeds, like weeds Like weeds, yeah, yeah That we'll all be damned in the morning And I've been waiting in the weeds Waiting for the summer rain to fall upon the Wild birds scattering the seeds Answering the calling of the tide's eternal tune A way to feel a bit, a little bit less lonely You know the problem with history Gonna cut you down in your prime, yeah

For a little time Could have filled a garden

Go on, shove it up then, if you must, Make believe you're so turned on And soon you will see

But it’s about the feeling you get when you’re in a relationship when you’re not really quite over the relationship before and you are letting that affect your current one. That turns our bones to dust With all the flowers that you gave me With our carriers on our knees But now I think my time is up But you come 'round to visit us (We'd like to get you out of your mind) That we'll all be damned in the morning

And soon you will know

[Outro] [Verse 1]

Baby, baby, baby, baby Didn't anyone teach you? Didn't anyone mention hate is all we show? Last.fm Music | Copyright © 2020 CBS Interactive Inc. / All rights reserved.