"She discovered a new branch of her family tree... the one with all the nuts.". Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Happy to report that book and film have both stood the test of time with flying colours. Post Edwardian & Interwar Period Dramas [1914-1939]. Stella Gibbons' 'Cold Comfort Farm' is one of the classics of parody, and this version with Alastair Sim, Rosalie Crutchley, Fay Compton, Sarah Badel, Brian Blessed, Aubrey Morris and Peter Egan does it justice. Purchased as a random gift for my daughter... we love this sort of off humor movie. It has received mostly positive reviews from critics and viewers, who have given it an IMDb score of 7.3 and a MetaScore of 82. Do yourself a favor and watch this- a FEW times! Love this movie? Kate Beckinsale stars as Flora, a London society girl who moves to the country to live on a farm with her eccentric relatives in this heartwarming comedy full of charm and clever satire. When the Emperor of China issues a decree that one man per family must serve in the... "She discovered a new branch of her family tree... the one with all the nuts. Her first cousin once removed feels that taking Flora on will atone for some never mentioned transgression, the first cousin's husband who is desperate to go on the road preaching, the Great Aunt can't get past that she 'saw something nasty in the woodshed,' and her cousin twice removed is rampant in the village but has definite star quality. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 2, 2017. "I saw something nasty in the wood shed" is high up on the list of movie quotes my sister and I use, right along "These mashed potatoes are so creamy". Kate Beckinsale Sheila Burrell Eileen Atkins (1996) Rural British eccentrics change their ways under the influence of a chic cousin (Kate Beckinsale) from 1930s London. Quickly browse titles in our catalog based on the ones you have picked. Interwar [1918-1939] First World War (1914-1918), Golden Twenties & Great Depression (1929-1941), Art: Marc Chagall, Giorgio de Chirico, Salvador Dalí, Max…. Meet the Starkadders.... a fun, fast, hysterical movie. Her husband was bored to tears - however, HIS favorite movie is the Good, the bad and the ugly. Very happy with the seller. Cold Comfort Farm is an Comedy, Drama, Romance movie that was released in 1996 and has a run time of 1 min. Cold Comfort Farm is available to watch and stream, buy on demand at Vudu, Google Play online. Just two different positions.