Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition Copyright © 2013 by the Philip Lief Group.

All rights reserved. Simultaneously he received a vivid mental photograph of the locality. Join our early testers! Popular synonyms for Vivid and phrases with this word. Find all the synonyms and alternative words for vivid at Synonyms.com, the largest free online thesaurus, antonyms, definitions and translations resource on the web. We look at some of the ways in which the language is changing. Or something like that. She is well-liked due to her vibrant personality.

Definition and synonyms of a vivid imagination from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.. However, graphic stresses the evoking of a clear lifelike picture. A lot of details perceptible to a seaman struck my eye, vividly in that instant. This is so broad, however, that it may not make a direct and vivid impression.

See how your sentence looks with different synonyms. Prince is a towering figure in global culture and his music has been the soundtrack for untold numbers of people — including me — for more than a generation; his creative genius has provided the musical landscape of our lives, millions of words have been written about Prince — books and articles, essays and criticism — but we're thrilled to be publishing Prince's powerful reflections on his own life in his own incandescently vivid, witty, and poetic voice.

VIVID 'VIVID' is a 5 letter word starting with V and ending with D Crossword clues for 'VIVID' Clue Answer; Very bright (5) VIVID: Strikingly bright (5) Brilliantly coloured (5) Bright, garish (5) In glaring colours (5) Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for VIVID Delivered to your inbox!

17 Oct. 2020. But incidents of the voyage come to me as vividly as if they had happened but yesterday.

To this day it is as vivid before me, as if I had actually lived through it. Learn a new word every day. : a vivid green. Accessed 17 Oct. 2020. Thanks for your vote! Antonyms for vividly. See more. How to use vivid in a sentence. Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition Copyright © 2013 by the Philip Lief Group. A lot of people come to Achill to look at the power of nature because you see the cliffs and the boglands and the beaches and mountains, this is just one very vivid example of the power of nature. Get instant synonyms for any word that hits you anywhere on the web.

producing a mental picture through clear and impressive description, ‘Fascism’: The Word’s Meaning and History.

Aaron Copland's beautiful and evocative `Appalachian Spring'. “Vivid.” Merriam-Webster.com Thesaurus, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/vivid.

Everyone was dressed in colourful clothes. Just dark, deep black and these vivid white flashes. Vivid as it seems—all I suffer as I write is but a faint phantasm of what I then endured. How to use a word that (literally) drives some pe... Name that government! The meanings of picturesque and vivid largely overlap; however, picturesque suggests the presentation of a striking or effective picture composed of features notable for their distinctness and charm. Join our early testers! 'Nip it in the butt' or 'Nip it in the bud'?