[2][4] Following this, Moore recorded his first solo album, Mind's Eye (1986), released on Shrapnel Records and featuring Tony MacAlpine on keyboards. I think so. All content on this page is the property … He's conducted guitar clinics around the world, and has released two instructional videos on the HotLicks® label (see the Music page for more information). There’s something more tangible in writing a song. I played the bass and the keyboard patches myself, and spent a lot of time working on guitar tones and getting the right performances. All copyrights are by the author and Vintage Guitar magazine. Moore is currently endorsed by Dean guitars, with whom he has several signature models. That was my motivation at the time, and I got it for Christmas, and really didn't bother with it a whole lot. I definitely feed off of their energy. Now, I could never do a whole record in four days. How has your interpretation of great guitar tone evolved over time? Moore also currently uses ENGL amplifiers and DiMarzio pickups. Over the years, Moore has expanded his interests as both a player and listener, incorporating a variety of styles in his music, which he demonstrates on his latest album, Defying Gravity. In the early ’90s, he accompanied Alice Cooper on his Operation Rock ‘N Roll tour, and played on Cooper’s Hey Stoopid. [citation needed], Moore joined Alice Cooper's band for a tour and then appeared on the Hey Stoopid (1991) album. You just plug in, get a decent sound, press “Record,” and do the whole thing. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! You can find interesting tabs for guitar, tabs for guitar pro, guitar riffs, acoustic guitar, classical guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar tablatures and guitar chords as well as drum tabs. Troy Grady 184,361 views. I record stuff; I never write it down. That’s so different from what I do, but it’s what I grew up listening to, like the Beatles and Motown. Vinnie Moore sits down with Guitar World and discusses his new solo album, To the Core. That’s going to be the most magical stuff. What tips can you offer for improving one’s dexterity? Sometimes it was pretty frustrating because you just can’t capture the feel of a moment, even if you play a part note for note. Vinnie Moore emerged in the 1980s as one of the decade’s premier rock guitarists, earning recognition for his extraordinary technique and melodic style. When I was 20 and doing my first album, I didn’t have a collection of guitar gear or recording gear either. The more magical, inspirational, and creative things happen when you’re not really trying to do it – when you’re just having fun, going with the flow and then all of a sudden, out pops an idea. I use Ernie Ball .010-.046-gauge strings. I used to use two humbuckers, now I use a humbucker in the bridge and two single-coil size DiMarzio Hot Rails (model DP181) in the neck and the middle.