Legendary The bonus to attack and damage rolls increases to a +3 and the additional damage taken increases to 1d8 psychic damage. The creature is immune for 24 hours on a success. The feature can be awesome at early levels but falls off in the late game. The creature has disadvantage on Strength checks, Strength saving throws, and attack rolls that use Strength. While not necessarily as powerful as the Arms of the Destroyer, the Vestiges get rid of the troublesome demonic personality, and the minor detriments that the Arms rack up. Filth Fever. Marisha Ray tweeted the complete item card for the Spire of Conflux, See Matthew Mercer's list of Vestiges shared. , this is somewhat new to 5E. Yes, by a spellcaster Keyleth, still in possession of the Spire of Conflux, takes her place as Headmaster of the Air Ashari in Zephrah. They get a ranged option that comes back to them, some fantastic utility spells, and they always have a way in. Check out our Bard Spells 5E Rankings! An ancient staff made by Melora's breath, the Spire of Conflux allows the wielder to cast powerful spells. Eventually he realized he liked talking to game developers and discovering weird new indie games. That’s because animals simply lack the raw power of monsters, and so the druid can fall behind in damage dealing. Any wizard wants this. You’ll want them to awaken fast! The Verminshroud actually has some great powers. Its powers are suitably gross, allowing polymorphs into rodents, immunity to disease, and casting insect plague. These bonuses increase by one further for both the Awakened and Exalted levels.

And a poisonous bite! Typically, Vestiges allow the DM to, anime-style, give the players an ability that causes them to see the light when everything is hopeless. Any thief worth their lock picks is going to want this Vestige dropped in their campaign. Except it doesn’t stop there. So I wrote my first fully custom weapon based on principals from the Sundering Arms in the Storms of the Horizon GM Binder and the Vestiges of Divergence from Critical Role. Rarity It allows one to cast some great travel and misdirection spells, even if they didn’t take the Arcane Trickster sublass. 25 Strength. Many were lost to time, but some can resurface as found artifacts or precious heirlooms. These mighty echoes of the Gods war, and the divine banishment that followed, are known as the Vestiges of Divergence. When the battle climaxed in a wave of aberrant destruction, leaving much of civilization in ruins, many of these artifacts were buried among the ashes with their wielders. It's just that its theming limits it to players who don't mind having their characters becoming a living plague. and I felt compelled to do one of my own. Being the one who stands in the middle of enemies and hits things can get repetitive, so Mercer and the Wizards team finally came up with a use for your bonus action. Her crown, while dormant, gives Darkvision, and lets you attempt to Dominate Monster a beast, dragon, or monstrosity of CR 5 or lower. NEXT: Dungeons And Dragons: 10 Ways To Quicken DM Prep. In fact, smart use could lock down a certain enemy and insure they never attack the party during combat. Blinding Sickness. These are just scaling items that continuously grow over the course of the campaign. Bards have powerful and unique magic. And your Storm Avatar is basically Kord himself. But if the DM is more in favor of straightforward combat, the extra kinds of sight won’t be too useful. Whisper is a legendary dagger and one of the Vestiges of the Divergence. {{art caption}} ----- autoformat art credits/captions, {{ep}} ----- autoformat links to episodes, {{ep ref}} ----- inline episode references, {{infobox character}} ----- infobox for character pages, {{infobox episode}} ----- infobox for episode pages, {{new artist category}} ----- boilerplate for new artist category pages, {{new character}} ----- boilerplate for new character pages, Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, https://criticalrole.fandom.com/wiki/Whisper?oldid=96768, Bonus to attack and damage rolls (+1 to +3), Deals additional psychic damage (from 1d6 to 1d8). During the years of the Gods war great destruction rained across the many lands of the world. If they miss with the attack, the DM determines where the wielder teleports accordingly. Kamaljiori, the androsphinx mate of Osysa, told Vox Machina the Spire of Conflux was devoured, along with its previous owner, by a goristro named Yenk. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Additional Vestiges of the Divergence 2.0. They are the predecessors of the Arms of the Betrayers, but they still hold great strength, without the questionable downsides. It’s a super good, well-rounded cloak, so casters or martials alike can really benefit from its utility. And who doesn't want the ability to freely cast dimension door? All the latest gaming news, game reviews and trailers. […], A baseline ranger that doesn’t really stand out, this archetype still gets the job done in most cases.

If you’re fighting a Lich, consider not attuning to this for the day. Kynan Leore (formerly)Vax'ildan Hello, relatively new DM here, I'm planing to introduce some of Matt Mercers vestiges of divergence into my game (not soon as they are all relatively low level).
He began as a convention reporter for FLiP Magazine and Albany Radio's The Shaw Report to get free badges to Comic-Con. They say power comes at a cost, and the Verminshroud proves it. Unlike most magic items that cast spells, this isn’t limited to once per day or charge. An insanely powerful utility item, Danoth’s is most useful on characters reliant on sight. Similarly, unlike the Betrayers’ artifacts, these can be destroyed by more conventional means.
Dormant, awakened, exalted., they revert into their dormant state when locked away or left without a worthy attuned individual for a period of time. Broken remnants of history speak of battles between gods leveling mountains and sinking islands. Either give it to those nature-lovers, or someone who knows Polymorph and can use it. The Wreath of the Prism sparkles with gems representing the five heads of Tiamat. This is a rather specific ability, but unlike the charm ability of, for example, the. But if the DM is more in favor of straightforward combat, the extra kinds of sight won't be too useful. Whisper https://astaris.fandom.com/wiki/Vestiges_of_Divergence?oldid=130. Anyone who is playing a wizard in a Wildemount or homebrew campaign should be begging for this item to appear. The creature is overcome with shaking.

This one’s for the fighters out there. Once awakened, you can see invisible creatures, gain X-Ray vision, or see miles away. The stages of awakening and exhalation are GM dependent, though they should originate from major events or particularly fantastic moments. The last ability is sharpened teeth that players can use to bite and poison foes. [art 1] Give them this Grimoire. Instead, the effect happens upon a successful attack or grapple. Chief among these are the Vestiges of Divergence. He teamed up with Wizards of the Coast designers to make the book an officially-endorsed D&D product, meaning the content within should gel with most campaigns. )… An extra prepared spell. Dungeons & Dragons: Wildemount’s Vestiges Of Divergence, Ranked. Each level also allows the wearer to polymorph into a new animal. These artifacts have 3 forms. However I have absolutely no clue if it's balanced so would love some input on the balance of it. DMs reading this might worry that all of this can make a character overpowered. Whenever a creature is struck with a critical hit from Whisper, the target must make a DC 13 Wisdom saving throw or become frightened of the wielder for 1 minute. Vestiges of Divergence - New ones and those held by Vox Machina: Agony Armor of the Valiant Soul Cabal’s Ruin Circlet of Barbed Vision Condemner Deathwalker’s Ward Fenthras Honors Last Stand Kiss of The Changebringer Mythcarver Plate of The Dawn Martyr Pyremaul Spire of Conflux Titanstone Knuckles Wraps of Dyamak Whisper Vestiges of Divergence. That wraps up our Vestiges of Divergence 5E Guide. Overall, Danoth's Visor is a very useful item for the party scout. Oh, and you get advantage on Dexterity checks to move silently.

Slimy Doom. While they’re dormant, they have some benefits; nothing overtly powerful, but certainly worth keeping. If the target is a creature, the wielder emerges adjacent to the target in a space of their choice. In its Dormant state, the Hide of the Feral Guardian acts as both a +1 armor for the wearer and a +1 weapon for creatures they transform into. So, uh… Maybe wash it a little first.

Being the one who stands in the middle of enemies and hits things can get repetitive, so Mercer and the Wizards team finally came up with a use for your bonus action. This is a rather specific ability, but unlike the charm ability of, for example, the Nature Cleric, this actually works really well. Taken with Vax'ildan to the afterlife It is one of the legendary artifacts known as Vestiges of the Divergence. Click the button below to start this article in quick view. [Source]

Others were passed down through bloodlines for generations, a sign of respect and importance within their culture. An ancient staff made by Melora's breath, the Spire of Conflux allows the wielder to cast powerful spells. Explorer’s Guide to Wildemount is a Dungeons & Dragons book written by Matthew Mercer of Critical Role fame. So I’m a fan of Critical Roll, as I’m sure some of you are too, and I took to making Vestiges to add into my own games. When awakened, they attain the benefits of what they used to have back before the calamity. The target is affected by a random disease listed in the contagion spell. I'd love to get some balance feedback, though I think I'm … These visors were actually used by a famous evoker to spot invisible enemies, and as a telescope. Fate Oh, and you get advantage on Dexterity checks to move silently. Then, your belt wakes up. The creature has disadvantage on Wisdom checks and Wisdom saving throws and is blinded. Its Dormant state does that directly by bestowing advantage on thieves' tools and stealth checks. The following spells to the list of spells the staff may be used to cast are added: Whenever a spell that deals fire, cold, or lightning damage is cast and the wielder rolls a 1 on a damage die, they can reroll the die and must use the new result. What sets them apart from ordinary magic items is that their power unlocks as their wielder develops and achieves great things. I would really appreciate some feedback and maybe some name suggestions too. Eventually, through extreme personal challenge, evolution, and achievement, the Vestige can reach its full potential in its exalted state. This Vestige aims to fix a big problem with druids – Wild Shape.