Unfortunately he’s not gonna make the HOF because his numbers are all TULO. But Long Beach graduates smart guys, and I can see Tulo in a FO somewhere. Good player that was derailed by the injury bug… have a fun and healthy retirement! Thanks for coming Tulo! His contract has 2 or 3 more years to go. The Yankees saw enough in several winter workouts that they believed he could fill in at short until Didi Gregorius returned from Tommy John surgery sometime in June. Do Not Sell My Personal Information. He still gets paid if he is released and chooses not to sign anywhere as long as he doesnt actually file the paperwork with the MLBPA/MLB since he has 14M next year plus a 4M buyout, so he can just not sign and wait to actually “process” his retirement until the end of next season. Happy trails, Dirtbag! After signing a pair of long-term contract extensions with the Rockies, Tulowitzki seemed like a Rox lifer before a blockbuster trade deadline deal that sent him to the Blue Jays in July 2015. I will forever be grateful for every day that I’ve had to live out my dream. – Marcus Stroman drama, it hasn’t ended and the blame is not 100% on Marcus. Think of it like this, you’re a player and you retire… if the team releases you the next day, they don’t suddenly owe you your money. My apologies. They always made my family and I feel so welcome. Welcome to the Forty Acres, Tulo!#Tulo2Texas #HookEm pic.twitter.com/poZmduwjv1, https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/omnisport/3e/2d/troy-tulowitzki-032819-us-news-getty-ftr_1f55gizo5esjc147spxtbddeji.jpg?t=-1001249807&w=500&quality=80, MLB trade rumors: Mets will consider moving Noah Syndergaard, signing Zack Wheeler to extension, Hall of Famer Mariano Rivera defends support of President Donald Trump, MLB trade rumors: Potential backup plans for Yankees, Dodgers, Astros at the deadline. His bat was mediocre away from Coors but he stabilized the infield and had a bunch of big hits for the Jays. – They showed no effort in extending either Donaldson or Encarnacion Early on his career appeared to be HoF bound but he only had 3 seasons with 140+ games played. One of the greatest “Dirtbags” ever! It’s quite possible that a healthy Tulowitzki could have potentially garnered himself some consideration as a Hall-of-Famer. Hall of Fame talent for sure. Heck of a career. I liked Paul Beeston’s idea of nothing longer than 5 years. Why do people think “Very Good” and “Fame” are on the same scale? You imagine him riding out the rest of his career in pretty good shape and making the Hall. Thanks for contacting us. I was so excited(despite being 19 at the time) because of how much promise he had. He looked good in spring training, I thought. July 25, 2019 | 4:56pm | Updated July 26, 2019 | 12:39pm. Please enlighten me. We've received your submission. Guys like this really make you appreciate how good for how long HOFers are. I’m pretty sure he’s not leaving any money on the table. And maybe you should consider not calling people losers. You didn’t want a discussion about batting average, right? Sucks what could of been but it’s an unfortunate part of sports… Reminds me of Brandon Roy… happy retirement Tulo! Weird tenure. Okay, so I see that he wants to stay with the Yankees after seeing “2” instead of “to”.. That’s a big plus for the organization. But seriously, BA still has meaning,not all important, but important. Does he go into the Hall of Fame as a Yankee? My apologies Max. Sitemap Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt….