Vols head coach Jeremy Pruitt said during a Wednesday appearance on Birmingham’s WJOX radio that he noticed defensive line coach Tracy Rocker peeking at his phone under the table while the staff met with some visiting recruits Saturday night. Both Baseball America and FanGraphs have Rocker falling to the mid-30s in their latest mock drafts. Tracy Rocker, Kumar’s dad, is the defensive line coach and a valuable recruiter for the Vols. Kumar Rocker told The Tennessean in February, The sports world is introduced to Vanderbilt's Kumar Rocker with Super Regional no-hitter. Pruitt said he could tell Kumar was pitching well, but he didn’t know just how dominant the performance was until he got home to watch the end of the game. We have camps and recruiting, so I’ll do my job. Rocker delivered in the biggest way imaginable, recording a program-record 19 strikeouts while tossing the first no-hitter in Super Regional history. ASSISTANT COACHES: Which Tennessee football assistants are the most productive recruiters? The son of Tennessee defensive line coach Tracy Rocker is the toast of Nashville after pitching the first no-hitter in a Super Regional in NCAA Tournament history. The son of former Washington Redskins defensive lineman, Tracy Rocker, Kumar Rocker has taken his own path to the baseball diamond. Tracy Rocker pumped his fist and wiped his face as Kumar posed with the trophy. “When he pitches out there in Omaha, he’s gonna go out there and watch him.”. The Commodores were facing elimination in the best-of-three series with the winner advancing to the College World Series. Rocker was on hand for the second consecutive night to watch Vanderbilt beat Michigan in the College World Series championship series. Rocker tossed 131 pitches, well beyond his career high of 105. Rocker, the son of former Auburn football star Tracy Rocker, threw 131 pitches, 89 for strikes. ...Learn about the players who will be asked to step up as defensive line coach, ..., Kumar's upbringing in a coaching family, living in Nashville while, ...One of the new hires, defensive line coach, ...Michigan hasn’t faced hitters like #4 overall JJ Bleday or Austin Martin, who’ll be top ten next year, or Kumar. Kumar Rocker is widely regarded as the No. Max and Tracy preview the game and talk about Tracy's son, Vandy baseball star pitcher Kumar Rocker. Yet on the mound, Rocker uses his size and strength to his advantage. His 6’5″/250 build is that of a defensive lineman, it is not necessarily the common build for a pitcher. ALEXANDRIA, VA - JUNE 19: (EDITOR'S NOTE: Image was created as an Equirectangular Panorama. He is the son of former player Tracy Rocker and mother Lalitha Rocker (Lu Rocker). But I know Tracy is really proud, and Mrs. Lu [his mother].”. Tracy Rocker on his coaching future after UGA and 'catching up' with his family . Pruitt removed all doubt Wednesday. Unfortunately, both seem to have been passed up with late surges by Carter Stewart and Matthew Liberatore. CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. (Photo: Vanderbilt athletics, VUCommodores.com), (Photo: Bryan Lynn/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images). He has been the defensive line coach for numerous schools, including Cincinnati, Arkansas, Mississippi, Auburn and Georgia. Tennessee D-line coach Tracy Rocker (Photo: Bryan Lynn/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images) “I’m very familiar with Kumar because me and Tracy coached together at Georgia,” Pruitt said. But his mom gave him a good push in that direction. “I actually went and watched him pitch a couple times in high school. #CWS | @VandyBoys pic.twitter.com/dYhun60ox2. Tennessee defensive line coach Tracy Rocker was a proud dad in Omaha, Nebraska, on Wednesday night as he watched his son, Kumar, take home a national title and College World Series Most Outstanding Player honors. Kumar essentially took over social media Saturday night with a historic performance on the mound. “I have a job to do.