I just started coming down to my studio and went at it. The legendary photographer, who died in 2004, traveled around the world shooting the... What do actor Terry Crews, rapper Pitbull, Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell and author Gary J. Bishop have in common? Tommy Lee performs with deadmau5 at Ultra Music Festival in 2011. Tommy Lee reveals love connection to Prince, drunken antics with Eddie Van Halen 10/15/2020 At the Billboard Music Awards on Wednesday, Post Malone and Tyla Yaweh performed their single “Tommy Lee,” giving titular props to the ultimate rock star. . My wife was like, “Dude, I’ve never seen anybody drink this much. There are a lot of fresh, new names. It’s going to be incredible, man. It sounds like you were intentional about how you wanted them to coexist on the album. It’s just something that came organically — some guys and some women being part of the songs. Read all latest USA news & top news on USA Today. Everybody’s pretty stoked. That is probably one of my favorite songs on the record. We always had fun, from playing the US Festival together in front of 300,000 people to being drunk as f - - k driving golf carts into the f - - king lake. To do so, click the downward arrow on the top-right corner of the Facebook comment (the arrow is invisible until you roll over it) and select the appropriate action. I love pretty much everything but country music (Laughs), so I’m inspired all the time. I made it a year, and then I just had a flood of ideas. I see people doing stuff online, and it just doesn’t quite blow my skirt up. Whether it’s some dance track or some EDM track, I’m like, “Omigod, that’s beautiful!” -- and then, boom, there I am writing something with that sort of energy. My buddy Lukas [Rossi] had the idea, and at first, I wasn’t interested in covering it because it’s so fast and poppy and happy — actually, it’s a pretty dark lyric, like maybe it was meant to be on a slower track. My wife turned me on to this one girl who’s on the record twice: King Elle Noir. I hope so. [Post Malone and Tyla Yaweh] did this track, and they hit me up to do a remix, so absolutely! I started working on music, and all of a sudden, I had this body of work with a bunch of male energy and female energy, and I was like, “This is f--king amazing.” I don’t know how it happened. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});My wife turned me on to this one girl who’s on the record twice: King Elle Noir. And then I was engaged to his ex-wife, Mayte, which was f - - king bizarre. They’re talking about that lifestyle and what Tommy Lee means to them. If this is your first time, proceed to the donation form. But sure, man, I would love to go play live; hell yes. The LP includes Tommy's two recently released singles, "Tops", featuring female South African rapper Push Push, and "Knock Me Down", featuring the up-and-coming rapper Killvein. I don’t wanna think about it.” So I just kind of hit the reset button. That’s just f - - king insane. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. People who followed Methods of Mayhem and my solo ventures after that know I’m really out there when it comes to my musical tastes. My wife was like, “Dude, I’ve never seen anybody drink this much. It also finds Lee playing nice with others, mostly such up-and-comers as Lukas Rossi (singing on “You Dancy” and a languid cover of Prince’s “When You Were Mine”), Mickey Avalon… And we just lost another legend, Eddie Van Halen. The new LP — the title is short for “androgyny” — splits its halves between male and female guest vocalists. It sounds like you were intentional about how you wanted them to coexist on the album. So we took it and slowed it down and made it really dark and sexy, and it just turned into a different animal. I love pretty much everything but country music (Laughs), so I’m inspired all the time. You couldn’t resist taking on “Tommy Lee,” could you? [Laughs.] Are you thinking about doing any sort of virtual performance or event around Andro, since you can’t do concerts or even club DJ sets? When I think of [live] music in general, it’s got to have the people and the sound that’s loud as hell and everybody going bonkers. And then there’s Brooke Candy and King Elle Noir… It kind of starts from an artist [where] I’ve really enjoyed their work, or they’re freaking me out enough to go, “I’ve got to work with them!” And the next thing you know, we’re working together on a track. I was like, “Oh my God, this is it!” If you’re gonna do a Prince cover, it better be f - - king great — and you better do it different.What kind of relationship did you have with Prince? Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Tommy Lee reveals love connection to Prince, drunken antics with Eddie Van Halen 10/15/2020 At the Billboard Music Awards on Wednesday, Post Malone and Tyla Yaweh performed their single “Tommy Lee,” giving titular props to the ultimate rock star.