Team news, kick-off time and predictions. Man City boss Pep Guardiola defends Sergio Aguero after Sian Massey incident. Team news, kick-off time and predictions. Harry Maguire has challenged Manchester United to develop a ruthless mentality in games, as he revealed their biggest obstacle is themselves. What TV channel is Newcastle vs Manchester United on? United captain Maguire now wants more consistency from his fellow players if and when football returns, as he told the club website: “As a red, our toughest opponent, probably, is ourselves. Everton could seal three transfers this week after Doucoure fee agreed, Barcelona plot Wijnaldum transfer swoop to free up Thiago to Liverpool, After such a dominating campaign, there was little work that could be done to improve the first-team side, though they have been, Liverpool transfer news: Reds issued Timo Werner warning over Thiago Alcantara, Tottenham target Josh King sends clear Man Utd transfer message, Van de Beek to Man Utd tipped to trigger huge Jadon Sancho arrival, Thomas Partey to Arsenal may depend on future of one Gunners star, Man Utd fans hijack Van de Beek announcement with Sancho plea, Lionel Messi to Real Madrid: Blockbuster transfer ruled out, Donny van de Beek: Arsenal wanted star before £40m Man Utd move, Barcelona prepare Gini Wijnaldum transfer swoop to free up Liverpool for £27m Thiago move, Man Utd confirm £40m ace Donny van de Beek as first summer signing, Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer gives verdict on Van de Beek, Donny van de Beek: What Man Utd transfer may mean for Pogba, Fernandes. Elsewhere, United continue to target Jadon Sancho and James Maddison, among others. “Guardiola is a great manager, but I chose to join another great manager, Mourinho, at United. Manchester United youngster Di'Shon Bernard joins Salford City on loan. Manchester United captain Harry Maguire has endured a tough time on and off the field of late but produced a fine response thanks to his headed goal against Newcastle. After being seen as one of the world’s best players in his Barcelona and Arsenal pomp, the Chilean has experienced quite the fall from grace. (Image: Photo by Chris Brunskill/Fantasista/Getty Images), Former Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal with assistant Ryan Giggs in 2016, Jose Mourinho gives instructions to Luke Shaw, United stance on Odion Ighalo contract situation, Newcastle vs Manchester United highlights and reaction after 4-1 win. “Then we are seeing the other qualities to his game, the power, balance, pace, soft touch, he is very, very talented young player.”. Liverpool thought they needed to make a big-name signing this summer, but have changed their minds due to the financial restraints of the coronavirus pandemic. United paid an up front fee of £47 million for Fernandes in January, though his former club Sampdoria claim they are owed a £4million sell-on clause, which hasn’t been paid by Sporting. It was something that made me really happy.”. Get updates and analysis on all United's new signings delivered straight to your inbox every day, free. "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. As MEN reported last week, United are considering Werner, as their striker search sees the club use data to decide between targets, though it’s not yet known whether he’s a priority for them in the summer window. The Englishman has become one of the Premier League's most potent attackers under the guidance of Pep Guardiola. “I’m hungry to go back and be the best,” Pogba told GQ. I wanted it when I came to United, but Clevz [Tom Cleverley] had no.23 at the time, so I had to wait a year. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has made five changes to the Man Utd team to face Newcastle at St James' Park. This World Hand Hygiene Day, spread the word, not the virus.”. That's what I want to focus on now. But it's true - I still have to prove myself and go full throttle.". Man City vs Arsenal highlights and reaction as Sterling goal secures 1-0 win. The German scored 29 goals in 58 appearances for United in all competitions, with 23 of those goals coming in the Premier League, in just 37 league appearances. I would say that, at times this year, as a team, we have probably let ourselves down by being a bit too inconsistent. Not just for a full game but during games. But the simulation also suggests that despite Werner's arrival, United would still need another world class player to win the Premier League, with Manchester City eventually winning the title in our simulation. Werner, 23, is enjoying another impressive season in Germany and has netted 26 goals in 32 matches for club and country. They do things for Manchester United and I disagree with the people who say they don’t. And Shaw in answer to a fan’s question on United’s website. We would just tweak something every now and again. Manchester City beat Arsenal on their return to Premier League action thanks to Raheem Sterling's goal. If players were surprised, there wasn’t enough time to concentrate on that.”, Luke Shaw has admitted his left-back rivalry with Brandon Williams is driving him to better things at Manchester United. JUST IN: Barcelona prepare Gini Wijnaldum transfer swoop to free up Liverpool for £27m Thiago move. United have been working on a £300,000 move for Hugill, 16, in recent months and look to have fought off competition from Tottenham, Arsenal, Wolves, and Leeds, as well as some German clubs. "The whole thing was quite unproblematic because I had a lot of time to think about it before the corona period. “We need to be mentally strong. The CSL campaign - which usually starts in February - was postponed following the coronavirus outbreak and because of where the Chinese league falls in the calendar Ighalo’s loan arrangement was agreed until the end of May. "I can generally imagine playing abroad one day, although I don't have any specific club where I want to be. “But at some stage he will be wondering what his next path will be. But they decided against signing Werner as they viewed his £53m release clause to be too much for them to fork out on a single player, leaving him free to join Chelsea. How high can I play next season?’ To continue that upward trajectory he is on. News Corp is a network of leading companies in the worlds of diversified media, news, education, and information services. After such a dominating campaign, there was little work that could be done to improve the first-team side, though they have been linked with a few names. That he has taken it so far at Leicester and now what is the next path. Werner was an absolute goal machine for Manchester United in 2020/21, making exactly the kind of impact that the club would have wanted, and maybe even surpassed expectations. In three encounters between the two sides this season it is United who have come out on top, but despite that they still sit behind the London club in the battle for Champions League qualification. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has made five changes to the Man Utd team to face Newcastle at St James' Park. Gary Neville explains how Man City have eradicated Raheem Sterling issue at Liverpool. “Everyone always thinks no.3 is the best number for a left-back, but ever since I was at Southampton I had no.23. "The game is played more often in England than in Germany, so there is not much time left for training. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. Manchester United fans say same thing about Harry Maguire after goal vs Newcastle. "It's no secret that there were several offers.". He scored 34 goals in 45 appearances in his final year with RB Leipzig - … Man Utd must respond to the work being done by Chelsea as Timo Werner prepares to move to Stamford Bridge. Ighalo’s representatives failed to respond to the MEN’s request for comment. Manchester United youngster Di'Shon Bernard joins Salford City on loan. With Young having now left for Inter Milan, Solskjaer has been left with a straight choice between Shaw and Williams. My wife and I, we sometimes do yoga, stretching together.”. A recap of today's United transfer rumours, injury latest and breaking news. Ed Woodward might claim this summer transfer window is like no other, but in order for it to still be a success they need to sign a player who is himself like no other. Manchester United midfielder Andreas Pereira has again spoken of his plan to finish his career away from Old Trafford. However, Agbonlahor believes Grealish will stay at Villa Park beyond the summer and he has jokingly urged club owners to turn their phones off so they don't entertain the possibility of him leaving.