Werner has been in sensational form this season and has made his name as one of Europe’s finest strikers, scoring 34 goals in all competitions to prove his quality in the final third. Werner insists Lampard wants to do exactly that, shedding light on his desire to compete with champions Liverpool and City in 2020/21. There were some top clubs who fought for me. “Having someone who can speak German always helps, and also Kova [Mateo Kovacic] can speak German too, so he’s helped me settle in,” Werner added. When asked if moves to Liverpool or Manchester United were ever on the cards, Werner replied: “It could have been. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. “I think Chelsea is a big club and with this team that we have, I think we can reach a new level. And that's it, job done. “I am in the process of arranging that plan now,” said Frank Lampard as he discussed how Werner and fellow summer signing Hakim Ziyech will spend their time with the Blues until the elongated 2019/20 Premier League season ends. Werner is gearing up for his debut season at Stamford Bridge, having joined Lampard’s side in a £54million switch from RB Leipzig earlier in the summer transfer window. Chelsea new boy Timo Werner has revealed Frank Lampard wants to battle it out with Liverpool and Manchester City this season - excluding Manchester United from a potential Premier League title race. Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit 'subscribe'. The 24-year-old has never played outside of his native Germany before, but fortunately international team-mate Antonio Rudiger has been helping him settle in. “The whole thing was quite unproblematic because I had a lot of time to think about it before the coronavirus period. Wayne Rooney lined up for first management job as Championship boss faces sack, Dimitar Berbatov's Premier League predictions, including Man City vs Arsenal, Man Utd summer signing open to idea of playing new position in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team, Danny Murphy makes Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sacking prediction amid Man Utd struggles, Tony Adams urges Mikel Arteta to change Arsenal’s formation and criticises Hector Bellerin’s display vs Man City, Richarlison deletes tweet about Thiago tackle after Liverpool’s draw with Everton, Sergio Aguero grabs assistant referee Sian Massey-Ellis during Man City vs Arsenal, Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl says Chelsea summer signings Timo Werner and Kai Havertz will ‘kill’ opponents, Alan Shearer hails Manchester United trio after emphatic Newcastle win, spoken to his compatriot about a transfer on a Zoom call, What Jurgen Klopp has told Timo Werner as Liverpool transfer deal hits stumbling block, Jurgen Klopp holds ‘virtual meeting’ with Liverpool transfer target Timo Werner. The shock case is the subject of Netflix documentary American Murder: The Family Next Door, Horrified girl screams after finding 12 wriggling maggots in her half-eaten pizza, A girl was sickened after finding a dozen maggots wriggling between the ham and pizza bread in her mini-pizza halfway through eating the popular snack at a Baker's Delight in Australia, Sex Pistols' Johnny Rotten says late Sid Vicious 'visits him in his sleep', Sex Pistols' frontman Johnny Rotten says his former bandmate Sid Vicious visits him when he is sleeping by haunting his dreams - 41 years after his untimely death, The Queen pardons convicted murderer who helped foil London Bridge terror attack, Steven Gallant, 42, was on day release last November when he heroically risked his life to stop terrorist Usman Khan’s killing spree - his victim's family have now backed the move. However, like many clubs, Liverpool’s finances and ability to make moves in the transfer market has been severely affected by the coronavirus crisis and they are now no longer willing to pay Werner’s £50million release clause – now valuing him at less than £30m. “The entire Chelsea package was the best for me, my game and my career. Timo Werner has revealed that money played no part in his decision to join Chelsea – insisting he rejected several top clubs in favour of the Blues as they offered him the ‘best package’. Werner has enjoyed an excellent season for Leipzig, scoring 24 goals in 28 appearances in the Bundesliga and picking up where he left off when the campaign resumed earlier this month. News Corp is a network of leading companies in the worlds of diversified media, news, education, and information services. For more stories like this, check our sport page. Don't wait 30 years - sign up for our daily football email newsletter today! Unlike other clubs, United are still have a very secure financial footing – making a £140m loan withdrawal earlier this week to bolster their summer transfer kitty – and could be more willing to agree to Leipzig’s asking price. Solskjaer has been assured that there are funds in place to sign new players and United could try to negotiate Leipzig down from their £50m asking price – especially with a clause in Werner’s contract halving his release clause next summer. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is keen to rejig his attacking options and even at £50m Werner would be significantly less expensive than another target, Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho, who is expected to command a club-record fee. Liverpool had long been front-runners to sign the Germany international but pulled out due to the financial impact of coronavirus, and Stamford Bridge chiefs subsequently swooped in to agree a £47.5million fee with RB Leizpig last month. There is a really good team at Chelsea with high quality, we want to challenge at the top. From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox. Despite having one of the deadliest front threes in world football in Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino, Klopp wants to add even more goals and competition for places. Danny Murphy believes Chelsea can challenge for the Premier League title next season IF they sign a 'world class' centre-back, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window), Download the talkSPORT app NOW – the best way to listen live. Chelsea new boy Timo Werner has revealed Frank Lampard wants to battle it out with Liverpool and Manchester City this season - excluding Manchester United from a potential Premier League title race.. Werner is gearing up for his debut season at Stamford Bridge, having joined Lampard’s side in a £54million switch from RB Leipzig earlier in the summer transfer … Manchester United are keeping a watchful eye on Timo Werner’s situation at RB Leipzig and could pounce for the striker after Liverpool’s move stalled, according to reports. Manchester United are keeping a watchful eye on Timo Werner’s situation at RB Leipzig and could pounce for the striker after Liverpool’s move stalled, according to reports. You'll receive an email with all of the top news stories every single morning. In addition to looking at Werner and Sancho, United are also keen to bring in more creativity – with Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish a long-time target – and will need a new backup striker if Odion Ighalo’s loan move is not extended or made into a permanent transfer. “I didn’t know London very well, I’d only visited a few times, so it was really important to have two guys like this helping me settle in.”, When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. “They have helped me around the training ground but also in explaining to me where is good to go for dinner, where is good to live, things like this. “I haven’t regretted my decision for a second.”. explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. “I agreed [to join Chelsea] a few weeks ago,” Werner told Sportbuzzer. Many feel Chelsea could mount a Premier League title challenge this season after adding the likes of Timo Werner to their squad, Werner has revealed Frank Lampard wants the Blues to challenge Liverpool and Man City, but there was no mention of Man Utd, The Germany striker says Lampard has been working "a lot on tactical things" in training, Subscribe to Daily Star and Daily Star On Sunday newspapers, Daily Star Football email - sign-up for all the latest transfer news and gossip, Chelsea board and Frank Lampard in 'arm-wrestle' over Blues summer exit, Chelsea and Bayer Leverkusen in talks over fresh deal after Kai Havertz transfer chase, Liverpool's 5 contenders to replace Virgil van Dijk if injury fears confirmed, Starsport looks at who Jurgen Klopp could turn to if his prized defender is sidelined for an extended period, Jurgen Klopp faces stiff competition in making dream Liverpool signing, France superstar Kylian Mbappé has been linked with a move to Anfield and Jurgen Klopp is a known admirer of the Paris Saint-Germain star, Virgil van Dijk 'could miss rest of season with ACL knee injury' from horror tackle, Virgil van Dijk could reportedly miss up to eight months with an ACL injury after a challenge from Jordan Pickford in the Merseyside derby, Richarlison writes apology letter to Liverpool midfielder Thiago after red card horror tackle, Richarlison has apologised to Liverpool star Thiago Alcantara after his horror tackle in the Merseyside derby, Man City's Sergio Aguero criticised after putting arm on Sian Massey-Ellis during Arsenal clash, Fans have slammed Manchester City star Sergio Aguero after he put his hand on the neck of match official Sian Massey-Ellis, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang angers Arsenal fans with reaction to Man City defeat, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was below par again for Arsenal as they failed to pick up any points at Manchester City on Saturday evening, but the Gunners captain still had a laugh after the game, Harry Maguire admits Man Utd stars have been asking big questions of themselves, Manchester United captain Harry Maguire has given a frank assessment of the club's start to the season after they beat Newcastle 4-1, Man City plot January transfer swoop for wantaway Barcelona star Lionel Messi, Manchester City are plotting a January move for Lionel Messi, who attempted to force a move away from Barcelona earlier this summer, Bruno Fernandes misses penalty but still ends up Man Utd hero in win over Newcastle, NEWCASTLE 1-4 MAN UTD: United left it until the 86th minute to take the lead but then ran riot as they secured a much-needed win over Newcastle, Bianca Gascoigne rearranges Kris Boyson's manhood in awkward naked photoshoot, Bianca Gascoigne was left red faced this week after rearranging her boyfriend Kris Boyson's manhood under a towel as he struck a pose for a racy naked photoshoot, Golden retriever that absolutely hates the water racks up thousands of followers, EXCLUSIVE: Chester, the three-year-old pooch, is not a fan of the water with one video showing him running in terror from some waves. Well then sign up for the brilliant new Daily Star Sport email newsletter! Timo Werner is set to join up with the rest of the Chelsea squad soon having signed for the Blues over Man Utd and Liverpool His owner told Daily Star Online that he has started attending "swimming school", Crime lord forms new cartel with 'thousands of troops' to take down El Chapo's sons, Rafael Caro Quintero has reportedly allied himself with former members of the Sinaloa Cartel in the northern Mexican of Sonora, and poses a "very real" threat to its current leaders, Buff dad who 'thought Covid didn't exist' dies after catching it on Turkish holiday, Influencer Dmitriy Stuzhuk recorded a warning video from hospital after catching the virus on a trip to Turkey before his heartbroken ex-wife Sofia Stuzhuk announced his death, Great white shark chased away by giant sea creature in once-in-a-lifetime footage, A great white shark put on a display of speed when it was chased from the shore by a gigantic elephant seal.