Many scenarios include Theo being in a spot as a lawyer for a friends parrot and a scene of his life and school. To have such an accomplished author using his expertise in books for younger readers (or adults who enjoy a good middle School read) is pure joy. He is great friends with April Finnemore who does not have a good homelife. Common Sense and other associated names and logos are trademarks of Common Sense Media, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization (FEIN: 41-2024986). Theo’s skills as a boy-sleuth shine in this book. The book start out with Theo receiving the information his best friend, April Finnemore has been abducted. One can’t help but be impressed by his determination to right the wrongs! The abduction of April Finnemore took place in the dead of night, sometime between 9:15 p.m., when she last spoke with Theo Boone, and 3:30 a.m., when her mother entered her bedroom and realized she was gone.

Theo knew them all. On one desperate turn, he decides to rely on the family reject, Ike Boone. Parents need to know that this novel is more mature than the first book as it deals with a disturbing issue that's more immediate to a teen audience: a missing 13-year-old who may be dead. Wondering if Theodore Boone: The Abduction is OK for your kids? Refresh and try again. The story follows an aspiring teenage lawyer who has key information, putting him at the heart of a sensational murder trial. Parents and caregivers: Set limits for violence and more with Plus. Be the first to review this title. Suspenseful mystery with a Lemony Snicket vibe.

However, it still won't be a favorite. This book was a somewhat light read. The book “Theodore Boone The Abduction” is made by John Grisham is a very interesting book that has many different characters and scenarios within the story. April is in trouble, Learn how and when to remove this template message, Children and Young Adult Literature portal, The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small Town, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Theodore_Boone:_The_Abduction&oldid=982426280, Articles needing additional references from August 2015, All articles needing additional references, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Theodore 'Theo' Boone - The main character, Jack Leeper - An escapee from a prison in California, This page was last edited on 8 October 2020, at 02:11.
Great book at the start. It is a very clean story which any teen should be able to enjoy.

The book contains many interesting events and surprises.

Ike quickly concocts a lie about being friends with April's family and wanting to catch up with her.

But Theodore Boone is not so sure.

Facebook is mentioned and used to locate the abducted teen. Join now. This leads to some clashes with the authorities, including his parents & the police. He decides to rely on his sleuthing skill -- and technological know-how -- to find his missing friend.

Theo really likes the law and already knows a lot about it, mostly because both of his parents are lawyers! “Let’s hear it,” his mother said. The star rating reflects overall quality. More mature themes in second entry of popular series. “You can tough it out,” his father added. Theo once again illustrates doing what's right, and April's parents ultimately learn to put the needs of their daughter before their own. The band member lets them go and the trio drives back to Strattenburg. Using clues at the scene of the crime, the police determine she hasn’t run away but has been abducted by someone she knows. He didn’t hate school; in fact, he usually enjoyed it once he got there. It's like he decided to write for kids, but he doesn't actually know any kids and he just doesn't know how to write for them.
There are other mature aspects as well, including the discovery of a dead body, an escaped convict who wants to trade information for leniency, dysfunctional, divorcing parents, and teens at a college fraternity party. Theo persuades his uncle Ike to drive him to the next destination of April's father's band while Chase distracts his older sister, who is supposed to be watching them, by lying about their activities.

Throughout the book, Theo and his friends must try and find April before it is too late. He searches for his missing friend using deduction, logic, and even Facebook.

Theo and his friends search the town but are stopped by unhelpful policemen. When Theo's parents leave for a law conference out of town, they leave Theo with the Whipples, who are friends of the family. Predictable yet appealing Nancy Drew classic. The abduction appeared to have been rushed; whoever took April did …

Theo's mother, a successful lawyer, is often portrayed drinking coffee to lose weight. Found this book on a book sale, nice hard cover, it has John Grisham written in beautiful eye cathing red glossy letters and thought "it's John Grisham's", how bad could it be! So of course when Theodore Boone came around I just have to pick it up.

If you are looking for a mysterious and interesting book than I recommend it to you. The story begins with Theo being woken up in the middle of the night to find out that April has been abducted. Loved this book as well, just as much as I did the first before it. I love Theo Boon character and it't funny, light read with relatively light crime story children can take. After laying the foundation for his series in Theodore Boone Kid Lawyer, this next book in the series takes off from the very first page in a manner of writing that would be expected from one such as John Grisham, and continues until the very last page.

Movielover7271 described the book Theodore Boone: the abduction as a riveting story with very good description in the story. Theo's worst fear becomes a reality when his best friend April goes missing! "The Abduction" is a strong sequel to "Kid Lawyer", as it begins with a big problem: Theo's best friend, April, has gone missing. That's gripe #1. But Theodore Boone is not so sure.

Theodore Boone: The Abduction is about 13-year-old Theo, whose friend April goes missing in the middle of the night. Theodore's friend disappears & he does all he can to find her. 13-year-old Theodore Boone's best friend April is not happy with her life. Once Ike and Theo arrive at the fraternity house, they go to find April in the basement, where a party is going on. When he's not reading or at school, he'll be working in his mothers law firm! Theodores friend is someone who h. The book “Theodore Boone The Abduction” is made by John Grisham is a very interesting book that has many different characters and scenarios within the story. And I'm not sure what his editor was thinking when she let so many unrealistic things stay in this book (see my previous updates). an awesome adventure, and probably the most realistic book i've ever read. Would you like to join a Theodore Boone fan group on goodreads? Headaches, coughs, food poisoning, pulled muscles, stomach gas—Theo had tried them all and would try them again. Since then I've really gained a new appreciation for the. But, John Grisham adds his expertise to "The Abduction" and makes the old kidnap story a little more interesting by adding the young lawyer, Theodore Boone, to the mix. Though Theo often bends (and even breaks) rules, he is always trying to do the right thing, and readers will admire his heart as well as his brain. The Abduction is a great follow-up book to Theo Boone's first story. Safely back at home, Theo is praised for finding April, and April's family goes to court to decide what changes will be implemented within their family life. I was poking through my uncle's library looking for something to read and he recommends "The Firm".

We display the minimum age for which content is developmentally appropriate. This is a big deal, especially since it’s my close friend they’re looking for.

Uncle Ike uses coffee to keep himself awake while driving at night.