Its the One Thing the Swindler and the Swindled have in Common". The complete list of L.A. Times’ endorsements in the November 2020 election. I do wish he did more rom coms like My name is Kim Sam Soom. Debut director Chang Jang-won comes from Lee Joon-ik's directing stable, having worked on six of his films, from The King and the Clown to Battlefield Heroes. The Movie Mai Ratima which he wrote and directed won numerous awards and praises. You may tire of the onion-peeling by the time it’s all laid bare, but for fans of the buffet-style of crime capers it’s a slick diversion, engagingly assembled and acted. It is all here. Read our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy to get more information and learn how to set up your preferences. Or at least that's what it attempts to do, as this blatant ripoff of the work of director Choi Dong-hoon (Tazza: The High Rollers, The Thieves) is a grating star vehicle that smacks of smug ineptitude and a whole lot of cut corners. He has two more movies lined for next year. He first recruits Prosecutor Hee-Soo and then other swindlers Suk-Dong, Choon-Ja and Chief Kim. We might know him as Yoo Woon Gwang from JTBC series Man to Man. Kpop idol NaNa (Im Jin Ah) is also part of the main cast. We chat with 'The Endless' filmmakers Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead about unpacking the film's ending and deciphering the twists and turns of the film's trippy mythology. Im thinking he will add comedy to the whole serious scenario. Krys told me about it and it sparked my curiosity . Disaster funds will help rebuilding and cleanup efforts in the aftermath of several blazes, including the Bobcat and Creek fires. I Hope you Guys enjoyed the blog. Some nail biting moments are a given. So gonna watch it. :heart_eyes: On to my (never ending) watch-list ! One can't help but wonder just how much of the charm of the Korean con man thriller "The Swindlers" wore off in translation. Extra Special Credits out to Krys for helping me make the blog and for finding this Amazing Movie. A prequel of Man to Man : Four Men. Hyun Bin in the Korean thriller “The Swindlers.”, California is slowly gaining jobs, but unemployment remains grim. I think some of us know him as Kang Woo from MAD DOG. Hyun Bin and Yoo Ji-tae lead the cast in a grating star vehicle, directed by Chang Jang-won. Since his secret garden, I have watched plenty of other dramas and movies of his. Classic Disney films such as “Dumbo” and “Peter Pan” now include a warning about “negative depictions and/or mistreatment of people or cultures” on Disney+. While films about confidence men have been popular for a long time in Korea, the trend has recently shifted to incorporate the widespread pyramid schemes that have devastated local families. This trope, which reflects today's public anger and distrust towards shady money handlers, is present in The Swindlers' opening scene, as dozens of ordinary citizens wail in a financial office after losing all their savings, which ends with one young man throwing himself out the window. Filmmaker Miranda July and star Evan Rachel Wood explain how it happens. Stars Hyun Bin and Yoo Ji-tae go toe-to-toe in this month's The Swindlers, a loose and jazzy caper thriller that mines Korea's abundant fascination with grifters. Muaah Muaah :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: Virtual hugs . He has been an Assistant Director for Three projects before. ‘The Swindlers’ In Korean with English subtitles. To catch Jang Doo-Chil, he forms a plan. Together they trace their way to Ji-sung, a young master con man who may help them catch their man. An Se Ha is one of the well known faces in the Drama land. The story’s original sin is an uncovered Ponzi scheme by a master con artist named Jang Doo-chil (Heo Sung-tae), a scam that fleeced billions from hardworking citizens and sparked a rash of suicides before Jang fled to China and reportedly died. Review: The fight for the rights of imprisoned women in the documentary ‘Belly of the Beast’. Now, Lets get started. Its his Second Movie this year, the first one being Confidential Assignment Released on January. Not rated. Yoo Ji Tae has acted in Numerous Dramas and Movies before. Then a little further in, it dawns on you that this makes figuring out who’s hustling who a bit trickier. This crime movie is worth to watch thus another comeback from Hyun Bin (from North Korean spy to uprise swindler) and also for other lead casts, I found myself mesmerized over this movie since there are knowledges of con artists, so go watch while support this movie!! Films like Master, in which Lee Byung-hun played a ponzi scheme mastermind, and real estate con thriller One-Line, not to mention the drama A Single Rider, have focused on the horrific greed of the few as they prey upon the weak and ignorant. All content © 2004-2020 ScreenAnarchy LLC. He first recruits Prosecutor Hee-Soo and then other swindlers Suk-Dong, Choon-Ja and Chief Kim. Naturally, ready to help is a ragtag gang of scammers. So, I'm doing a 'Get To Know This Movie ' blog on Behalf of Both of Us . The WGA asks CAA and WME to commit to terms that could end their battle over conflicts of interest around packaging and agency ownership of production companies. Im super hyped. How a panic attack led to Kelly Oxford’s directorial debut. Hot on the heels of the hit Confidential Assignment, superstar Hyun Bin dons a plethora of leather jackets and cocky grins as he lankily sashays through the story as trickster Ji-sung while Oldboy villain Yoo Ji-tae pushes a little too hard as the stoney-faced and arrogant prosecutor Hee-su. ENTER CITY, STATE OR ZIP CODE GO. A group of con artists in a mission to get revenge is popcorn material if you know what i mean. ~Prathi :revolving_hearts: That sound super good ! Review: ‘American Utopia’ is a once-in-a-lifetime adaptation of David Byrne’s Broadway show. In reversal, Trump administration approves California wildfire relief funding. Stars Hyun Bin and Yoo Ji-tae go toe-to-toe in this month's The Swindlers, a loose and jazzy caper thriller that mines Korea's abundant fascination with grifters. Luca Marinelli won the Venice International Film Festival’s best actor prize for his performance in Pietro Marcello’s brilliantly inventive film. Offering him criminal immunity in exchange for his help, Hee-su teams up with Ji-sung to take down the larger target. Disney+ adds new content warning for racist depictions in classic films. The main point of the movie is most likely the actors since we get Hyun Bin, Yoo Ji Tae, Park Sung Woong, and of course Nana who has made a name for herself and is acknowledged by k-netz and international fans for her talent. The Swindlers does come with a couple of bright spots from its supporting cast. Writers Guild presses CAA and WME to end 18-month standoff over agency practices. The plot sounds pretty interesting. The documentary “Belly of the Beast,” directed by Erika Cohn, depicts the fight to ban non-consensual sterilizations performed on female prisoners in California. After swindling countless unsuspecting victims, a master con man disappears with a huge fortune and when the prosecution fails to track him down they write him off as dead. Tired tropes are trotted out among the routine characters but the results aren't just unoriginal, they're tedious in a narrative that never seems convinced or altogether invested in its own logic. Edward James Olmos’ environmental legal thriller “The Devil Has a Name” pits a San Joaquin Valley almond farmer against an evil energy corporation. Also, the fact that its Hyun Bin's movie is a Major reason i will watch it. How to vote. Get our revamped Envelope newsletter, sent twice a week, for exclusive awards season coverage, behind-the-scenes insights and columnist Glenn Whipp’s commentary. California’s November election will feature 12 statewide ballot measures. We have awen her acting performance in Fashion King and The Good wife. He has acted in Many movies during his career beginning from 2008 .