The various segents of this…, Swedish intelligence officer Carl Hamilton’s 7-year-old goddaughter Nathalie is kidnapped. 1,502 films 6,815 122 Edit, OB-GYN Kenobi 3,804 films 7,185 106 Edit, Step One: Go to www.random.org. Trailer. With little life direction, Margaret…, Làn fhìrinn na sgeòil. Multiple Formats, Color, Full Screen, NTSC, Reviewed in the United States on December 3, 2017. Great perfornances including from a very young and beautiful Viggo Mortensen! A rural Idaho community deals with the absence of God. This movie is not without its flaws, mainly the loud melodramatic score and the performances that range from bad to passable. Pessimistic worldviews. Yogesh must find his dream girl within 10 days to save his family from utter ruin. After his father tells him stories of vampires, he becomes convinced that the widow up the road is a vampire, and tries to find ways of discouraging his brother from seeing her. Not sure what genre it really fits into. Please try again. Story of a young boy growing up in a very dysfunctional family in tge Mid West. You've kinda got to adjust to the tone (which is very Twin-Peaks-through-the-eyes-of-a-child-melodramatic) but there's such a strange post-nuclear melancholy by way of vampire mythology and it's all so dreamy in pace and atmosphere. Mobile site. It’s an LGBTQ+ world and these are my other LGBTQ+ lists on Letterboxd: ➡️Minor Interest Films: In the Closet: A…, ArtsAmbition 1,643 films 5,236 78 Edit, gabriel guimarães? The truth is in the story. What a bummer of a movie. An American journalist is set up and fed false information after the Lebanon war. It was actually a good balance of what it showed and what it left to the imagination. TMDb It's been a while since I've sat there with a stream of tears running down my face as a film cuts to black. Viggo Mortensen Lindsay Duncan Duncan Fraser David Longworth Jeremy Cooper Sheila Moore Robert Koons Evan Hall Codie Lucas Wilbee Sherry Bie Jason Wolff Guy Buller Joyce Robbins Jacqueline Robbins David Bloom, BBC Films Zenith Entertainment Fugitive Features British Screen Productions National Film Trustee Company, Schrei in der Stille, La piel que brilla, L'enfant miroir, To diafano derma, Зеркальная кожа, 95 mins   Please enable it to continue. One of the strangest movies ever made.The dark side of "My Life As A Dog", in that through the eyes of a child, things are just different.Without reading any review or plot summary,try to guess where it takes place; as I see it, there is only one real clue. Stunningly photographed drama about a young American boy caught up in the nightmare of a sinister rural community. This was utterly baffling to me, and I don't mean it was confusing or hard to follow. Those hot sad goth couples are just too similar. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, + $18.11 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to United Kingdom. I occasionally found it all a bit too off-putting to fully engage. The Reflecting Skin. It was a weird movie too. There's a problem loading this menu right now. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. But the beautiful crisp cinematography, solid performances, and unsettling atmosphere and tone that gradually creeps upon you as the film continues is something that works so well it’s not even funny. This could have easily been…. More details at He eats properly, exercises and lives properly, but all of this self-consciousness makes him…. The Reflecting Skin is a 1990 coming-of-age drama that hides a devastatingly bleak narrative under it’s pretty cinematography and sweeping soundtrack. His book In the Eyes of Mr Fury is considered a cult classic and an underground phenomena; and, after watching this - and The Passion of Darkly Noon - I look forward to…. There are brief falters in the supporting cast's acting, and some elements touch upon a darkly comic level of camp that is truly surreal. Starts very strong, but has a couple of very frustrating scenes that leave you feeling more helpless than a Lars Von Trier film does. Every frame looks like a vintage painting. However I'd be lying if I said I wasn't completely shocked by this movie's portrayal of loss of innocence. A (never-ending?) They are the sort of boys who torture small animals and are pretty inventive in how they do nasty stuff – but not as nasty as some of the grown ups. The Reflecting Skin. Overview. Please help us to describe the issue so we can fix it asap. After his father tells him stories of vampires, he becomes convinced that the widow up the road is a vampire, and tries to find … An elderly business tycoon, believed to be dying, decides to give a million dollars each to 8 strangers chosen at random from the phone directory. We're sorry but jw-app doesn't work properly without JavaScript enabled. It’s a drama, and unfortunately not even a very good one at that. Their idea is a horror film about a…, The year is 1942, and Archie Glass Is trying to get into Hollywood. The acting could be better, but some of the shots were beautiful and contributed to the eerie atmosphere, including all the strange things happening throughout the movie. * *Nobody cares if you don't think…. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 23, 2016. this is just........something else. Everybody's Horrible: The Movie. It wasn't really what I expected but it left me intrigued enough to linger in my mind for some time. © Letterboxd Limited. Actors: Codie Lucas Wilbee, David Bloom, David Longworth, Duncan Fraser, Evan Hall, Jeremy Cooper, Lindsay Duncan, Robert Koons, Sheila Moore, Sherry Bie, Viggo Mortensen, Insurance broker Max’s life is about one thing – keeping his walnut brain tumour in check. I loved the writing and directing by Philip Ridley. We all bring up ol’ Terry because this movie is drowning In the yellowest driest wheat. news. I didn't know much about The Reflecting Skin when I started watching it but I had the idea it was a horror movie. did i like it? Overview Overview Related Related. Seth is a young boy living in a rural area. This seller is not fully disclosing that the disc is a Region 2 disc. Declared déjà un culte by critics at Cannes before even leaving the auditorium, this movie is truly something else. Step Three: GET WEIRD! I hate reviewing movies like these because most of the time I don't like them and most of the time they are 'cult' movies. The story of the rape of Nanking, one of the most tragic events in history. His chance comes as he is offered a job: Find a young white movie star before the…, A screen adaptation of the well-known novel by Roger Frison-Roche about the harsh lives of mountain guides and their families in the French Alps, near Chamonix and the French/Swiss/Italian borders……, For some married couples, sex is an obsession that overwhelms their belief in strict monogamy. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. This is a film I waited some time to see, and it was worth it. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 2, 2016. Stream The Reflecting Skin uncut, ad-free on all your favorite devices. A young boy tries to cope with rural life circa 1950s and his fantasies become a way to interpret events.