Oktober 1998. i clicked "hardcover" books and was recommended sellers. Der Science-Fiction-Roman Der Splitter im Auge Gottes (eng. I liked it enough, that I have secured the sequel, The Gripping Hand. Very unbelievable.

The meat of the novel is the nature of the aliens, that process of discovery, not our reaction to the existence of alien life. Three stars for an interesting idea, but should have been 2 1/2 because of the adolescent level of writing. Diese Seite funktioniert am besten mit JavaScript. While highly entertaining, it never sacrifices the power or relevance of its message to retain the reader's interest. On the other hand: we are concerned too, loving and caring, curious, protecting, we like to clean things and we realise the problems at hand. Aber wie immer ist das Original besser. The premise of the book was very promising but the story development was a disappointment. I say of "of-sorts" as the setting for human society isn't our society today but rather a future Star-treky, spaceships, "shields up" backdrop, with minor variations. Ich habe das Buch vor einer halben Ewigkeit in der deutschen Übersetzung gelesen, und nun im englischen Original. They only create ONE alien word in the whole book, instead the aliens pick up on english at such a startling rate that in a very short time almost every alien we come in contact with is COMPLETELY fluent in English, enough so to speak with idiomatic phrases and use christian swear words in the course of normal conversation. Um die Gesamtbewertung der Sterne und die prozentuale Aufschlüsselung nach Sternen zu berechnen, verwenden wir keinen einfachen Durchschnitt. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. The dead alien and the craft are immediately taken on board a star ship and then taken to the nearest base for examination.

After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Writing style is a bit dated with concepts around the roles of women and may even offend some younger readers, but if you can ignor that and some of the political banter as simply the way things were back when this was written, then its well worth the read. Es war bestimmt nicht das letzte Mal, eine großartig geschriebene Geschichte! First contact stories interest me since I enjoy reading what an alien culture might be like and the struggle to find a common ground between societies with differing worldviews. Diese Seite funktioniert am besten mit JavaScript. So I was pretty young when I read "Hammer." Ihre zuletzt angesehenen Artikel und besonderen Empfehlungen. We are cruel and suppressing. I not sure how I have managed to put off reading this classic for so long - but better late than never. If this is true, I'm going to be looking for a lot more Niven and skip out on these co-authored books.

It is the story of fascinating human society , a mixture of royalty and nobels with a military aristocratism , in a the year 3000+ ,that spans hundreads of planets , and it's first contact with an alien race. I then saw this book a few days ago and read reviews that it was one of the most important sci fi novels ever written, one of the best and so on. : "Der Splitter im Auge Gottes") dürfte unstrittig einer der populärsten (Hard-) SF-Romane schlechthin sein und damit letztlich ein kanonisches Werk, welchem jeder SF-Fan zumindest mal eine Chance geben sollte. book then arrives and it's not hardcover and an awfully pricey used trade paperback edition in somewhat rough shape (was listed as "good" but there's lots of scope for interpretation there -- this isn't my complaint). "Obey," said Ivan. I then saw this book a few days ago and read reviews that it was one of the most important sci fi novels ever written, one of the best and so on.