7 of 10 stars. 4.5 stars. To fill in time he begins to research the cold case of his own mother's death. “Recalls no one so much as Raymond Chandler…ambitious, skillful, moving, intricate, and clever.”, “He not only unravels Bosch’s psyche with a fascinating precision but also produces a classic whodunnit. He is also the author of several bestsellers, including the highly acclaimed legal thriller, The Lincoln Lawyer, which was selected for the Richard & Judy Book Club in 2006, and has been President of the Mystery Writers of America. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. His house has been condemned because of earthquake damage. Number four in the Harry Bosch series and I feel that I have read many more than four of the series. Official video channel for The Last Coyote. If you love a page-turning mystery, you are in for a treat this month. 24 books! In 1961, when Harry was eleven, his mother was brutally murdered.

We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, and display ads. Bosch did many smart things that surprised me, things I did not expect. Harry Bosch in on involuntary leave from the force; his return pending a psychiatric evaluation. My story takes place in L.A. of the early '90s and burgling Michael Connelly turned out to be a bonanza.

How the man finds the energy to get up in the morning is beyond me & pretty much the point. Someone powerful was able to keep the investigating officers away from key suspects. To find out more, visit Michael's website or follow him on Twitter or Facebook.

© 2020 Michael Connelly. He spends his time in California and Florida. I got this book and I was wondering if I have to read the first three novels to understand the story or if I can jump on to it right away?! As gritty and beguiling as the city it portrays.
I think why the story was able to hold my interest so much is because this book explores what really had an impact on Harry's life, the murder of his mother. I think why the story was able to hold my interest so much is because this book explores what really had an impact on Harry's life, the murder of his mother. It's not a clean, sparkly high. 1-Click ordering is not available for this item. It’s clear that the case was fumbled. (.
A former police reporter for the Los Angeles Times, Michael Connelly is the internationally bestselling author of the Harry Bosch thriller series. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. Try again. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. Sign up for my newsletter to be among the first to learn of upcoming titles! The Last Coyote is good to the last line.”. Not only has Connelly written 23 Harry Bosch novels--basis for the Amazon series. .

Taut, well-paced and coherent thriller - Bosch on top form. This was crazy tense, and INTENSE, and the whole time I was waiting for the shoe to drop and everything to go sideways. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness. Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of, Published Michael Connelly’s fourth novel cuts to the very core of Harry Bosch’s character, as he is drawn to investigate a thirty-year-old unsolved crime: the murder of his mother. Out of the broken pieces of the case he discerns a trail that leads upward, toward prominent people who lead public lives high in the Hollywood hills. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. One evening he sees a mangled bedraggled coyote and he. The Last Coyote is a lovely thoughtful title and one that Bosch thinks he has an affinity to.

It's a recipe for disaster. Site design and development by Clockpunk Studios. 677 likes. SUBJECT READER REVIEW WITH PLOT SPOILERS FOLLOWS: The story readers have been waiting for. by Orion. The TV tie-in series - Bosch - is one of the most watched original series on Amazon Prime and is now in its third season. it is absulutly one of his best. Harry rides an extreme emotional rollercoaster for the entire book- as he provokes and angers those behind the crime. In a way, I am disappointed that Michael Connelly did not choose to end the series here since Harry discovers all of the above but in another way, I am happy that the series does not end. Because who does not want more Bosch? His mother was a prostitute, and even thirty years late the smell of a cover-up is unmistakable.

The Last Coyote is no 4 in the series and to me one of the best, in it Detective Bosch tries to finally solve the case of who murdered his mother Marjorie Lowe. Even as he confronts his own shame about his mother, Harry relentlessly follows up the old evidence, seeking justice or at least understanding. Refresh and try again. We’d love your help. The fourth Harry Bosch novel finds the L.A.P.D. He has also been suspended and forced to see a psychiatrist several times a week. Harry is one morbid guy, but really interesting.