Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 8, 2015. It is just as good as I remember. (1994). For us at the time it had some scary scenes and now that I've seen it at my age (23) it still has a good element of surprise to it. If you're nostalgic or have always had a "thing" for Jason Scott Lee, its worth the buy. To have a cast like this immersed in live-action with wonderful animals at exquisite locations is truly wonderful to behold. There are a few things the original disney story glazed over which this film actually enhances - such as when an old indian guide in the film explains to small Mogli what Baloo, Bagera, and Shar-Khan mean (in english Bear, Leopard, and Tiger) It is a very well made film with likeable characters and some familiar faces such as Cary Ewes (that black-masked man we all know in love in Princess Bride). Boone, who wants both Kitty's hand and the treasures of Monkey City – a place only Mowgli can find. 4 of 6 people found this review helpful. There's a problem loading this menu right now. This is a fantastic reimagining of the story, and Jason Scott Lee is perfect as an adult Mowgli. I first saw this Jungle Book when I was about 5 and really enjoyed it along with my little brother. The Jungle Book (1994) TMDb Score. Susan Southall . When the Emperor of China issues a decree that one man per family must serve in the... Everything to Watch After Bingeing 'Stranger Things' Season 3, 'Stranger Things' Season 3 Casts 2 New Characters, Including 'Sleazy' Mayor, Cary Elwes, Other Celebs Celebrate 'The Princess Bride' 30th Anniversary, 22 Things You Never Knew About 'The Princess Bride', Crowd-Pleasing Movies for Your Next Family Movie Night. False advertising and hiked up prices, this is a 1940's version on the Jungle Book, with Mowgli being played by someone named Sabu, not Jason Scott Lee. Some information and/or images in this header may be provided either partially or in full from The Movie Database. Yes, I am upset that I now have a DVD - one of my favorite movies - and very expensive - and cannot watch it or even bring it up in my player. Directed by Stephen Sommers. Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once started. 59. It show beautiful scenery in India and gives a sad and vivid view of the chasm between the rich and the poor in India during the colonial times. who was almost 4. John Cleese is classic comedy relief, Sam Neil is gruff, and who can not enjoy Cary Ewes (Princess Bride, Men in Tights) as the incredibly suave, disgustingly evil, deliciously handsome villain of the tale?! I like it because it gives more depth to Mowgli and explains his backstory. A classic and a great favourite of mine, I was ecstatic to find a DVD of The Jungle Book, which is quite rare on ebay and next to impossible to find in dvd stores or online dvd stores. Once I received it, I opened it and tried to play it, but it will not play. The Jungle Book ❤❤❤❤, Reviewed in the United States on July 7, 2017. I grew up a fan of the old cartoon but as I got older saw various version of this story. This was misrepresented when purchasing. But Mowgli must eventually face corrupt Capt. FMV game based on the 1994 live action movie The Jungle Book. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? It's become one of those rare dvds that is now over $60, so when I saw it was available here for under $20, you better believe i ordered it so fast and now I will now own it for the rest of my life!! Jason Scott Lee was great as Mowgli and John Cleese as the doctor. Don't waste your money, and don't fall for the misrepresentation. This is a good one -- if you can find it! Although the animals do not speak the careful narration in the film gives you a sense they really do have personalities. When adventurous pets Chance, Shadow and Sassy are accidentally separated from their vacationing owners, they're left to fend for themselves on the mean streets of San Francisco, in search for the "golden bridge" that will take them home. 80% Don't waste your money, and don't fall for the misrepresentation. Reviewed in the United States on July 30, 2013. I live in another country, and had to have the movie shipped to my US agent. They won't see it anyway, since this is a very hard movie to find. Ozone Falls State Natural Area, Crab Orchard, Tennessee, USA. Rudyard Kipling's classic tale of Mowgli, the orphaned jungle boy raised by wild animals, and how he becomes king of the jungle. I contacted the seller and they told me to contact Amazon, which I tried to do, but I cannot contact Amazon as this order has reached the 30 day mark. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. With Jason Scott Lee, Cary Elwes, Lena Headey, Sam Neill. ", "The Helen Reddy story and the song that inspired a revolution", 'The War With Grandpa' Interviews with Robert De Niro and Jane Seymour. Raised by a panther, an elephant and a bear, Mowgli must learn civilization's ways when his long-lost uncle and a circus scout from Barnum and Bailey come looking for him. The search for a lost treasure shows who the truly civilized members of society are. Before you say this - my player is set to the correct region, so that is not the problem! this DVD is going right in the trash. The animals are so beautiful and i also love that Sam Neill are in this movie, he is one of my favorite actors. The story flow is perfect, the graphics quite good for the early-mid 90s except for one or two moments, I don't think they could really do much better. Select the department you want to search in. He's named Mowgli and raised by Baloo the bear and Bagheera the panther. :) ;), Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 16, 2018, Loved this film version of the famous story as well, Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The waterfall scene was shot in Fall Creek Falls State Park in Tennessee. Title: Add the first question. This one has the perfect balance of action and suspense, comedy and romance, and not to mention really cool live animal shots and awesome scenery. When I opened the package, both the case and the disc appeared in very good (used) condition! Its Tarzan went to Animal Planet meets Anaconda shares an adventure like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and enjoys tea with Pride and Prejudice minus all the talking but not minus all the drama. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Reviewed in the United States on July 1, 2019. The classic role-playing game comes to life in this magical adventure.... Sandy Ricks is sent by his mom to Coral Key, a rustic island in the Fl... Jesse becomes reunited with Willy three years after the whale's jump t... Like many adolescent boys, Roy Darpinian had the hots for movie divas,... A Beverly Hills housewife in the middle of a divorce tries to find foc... Uptight New York City executive, Michael Cromwell, pursues his soon-to... "Miss World 1970: The launch of a revolution", "If it chooses you, nothing can save you. False advertising and hiked up prices, this is a 1940's version on the Jungle Book, with Mowgli being played by someone named Sabu, not Jason Scott Lee. this DVD is going right in the trash. ", "Everyone ends up in the same damned place. The Jungle Book (1994) Raised by wild animals since childhood, Mowgli is drawn away from the jungle by the beautiful Kitty. Video availability outside of United States varies. Even now, it's advertising as a Stephen Sommers project... Don't be fooled! Boone, who wants both Kitty's hand and the treasures of Monkey City – a place only Mowgli can find. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. I always have loved this version adaptation! But Mowgli must eventually face corrupt Capt. A boy raised by wild animals tries to adapt to human village life. If you are looking for an accurate depiction of the novel, don't bother here. Bagheera the Panther and Baloo the Bear have a difficult time trying to convince a boy to leave the jungle for human civilization. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. They are using the reviews on this from the 1990's version. An adaptation of Rudyard Kipling's classic tale of Mowgli the jungle boy who is raised by wild animals after being lost when a tiger attacked an encampment and killed his father. One day, impish monkeys snatch Mowgli away and take him to their city. Reviewed in the United States on December 8, 2019, Totally awesome movie Scott Lee the one that plays the jungle boy Mowgli is a really really good actor and the animals looks so realistic and the tiger was realistic he was real it was just the used live animals it was just great there was no CG nothing like that live animals it was just a cool movie, A criminally overlooked film that exhibits beautifully masterful live-action storytelling, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 14, 2019. View production, box office, & company info. The heroin is intelligent and beautiful, and although she requires being rescued once or twice, is not a passive or insipid damsel in distress. Years later he finds himself re-united with his childhood love Kitty and back in the "civilization" of Colonial India which he finds far less civilized then his jungle haunts. A very enjoyably movie, it's kind of Aladdin meets Indiana Jones. Mowgli, missing the jungle and his old friends, runs away from the man village unaware of the danger he's in by going back to the wild. Because the whole process took more than 30 days, I am just stuck with a DVD that will not work - and it was a $64 DVD at that! He meets the 3, Athos, Porthos and Aramis, and joins them on their quest to save the king and country. PG 1994 Raised by wild animals since childhood, Mowgli is drawn away from the jungle by the beautiful Kitty. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Each and every performance in this film stayed with me since I first saw it as a child in the 90's and as my VHS tape broke years back, I made a promise to reclaim ownership of it on DVD. Reviewed in the United States on November 29, 2017. An adaptation of Rudyard Kipling's classic tale of Mowgli the jungle boy who is raised by wild animals after being lost when a tiger attacked an encampment and killed his father. It's a little intense for very young children. The search for a lost treasure shows who the truly civilized members of society are. Baloo and Bagheera ask Kaa the snake for help. Rated PG for action/violence and some mild language, Elf Star Says A Sequel Won’t Happen Because Will Ferrell And Jon Favreau Didn’t Get Along, Disney Developing Movie About Inner-City Youth Orchestra Of L.A. With ‘Jungle Book’ Producer Brigham Taylor, Mulan Villain Jason Scott Lee Almost Lost His Role Over a Terrible Skype Audition, List of Disney live-action remakes of animated films, Disney Live-Action Remakes of Animated Films. Animation Lookback: Walt Disney Animation Studios +: Part 4. Young boy Mowgli, who was raised in the jungle by animals, must decide whether he belongs to the jungle or the human world as well as confront the villainous tiger, who's threatening the wolf pack that adopted him. Use the HTML below. Quickly browse titles in our catalog based on the ones you have picked. Rudyard Kipling's classic tale of Mowgli, the orphaned jungle boy raised by wild animals, and how he becomes king of the jungle. This FAQ is empty. Was this review helpful to you? Stars Yahya Abdul-Mateen II and Eddie Redmayne share their 5 reasons not to miss The Trial of the Chicago 7 on Netflix. I owned this movie on VHS growing up, and recently I had the urge to watch it again. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 14, 2009, This movie version of The Jungle Book is so great and i really like it a lot, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 2, 2016, This movie version of The Jungle Book is so great and i really like it a lot. Revisiting it was wonderful. A story about a boy raised by animals in the jungles of India. This product uses the TMDb API but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb.