Read it and love it too. His father, a physicist of small renown, has prodded him toward greatness from an early age—enrolling him in whiz kid summer camps, taking him to the icy tundra of Canada to track a solar eclipse, and teaching him college algebra. The Beautiful Miscellaneous: A Novel | Smith, Dominic | ISBN: 9780743271233 | Kostenloser Versand für alle Bücher mit Versand und Verkauf duch Amazon. Juni 2007, Herstellergarantien können nicht gewährleistet werden. 40,000 first printing.

It works! Mai 2016. Außerdem analysiert es Rezensionen, um die Vertrauenswürdigkeit zu überprüfen. Beautiful. Delightful scene towards the end, when 4 of the kids are driving about in the countryside, more or less aimlessly, when their 300k milage Olds dies, causing an enormous traffic jam. "Later that night I drove home slowly in a light rain. He befriends other talented, strange people but doesn't seem to know what to do with his gift. .and a sign of that was that the day I was going to finish it, I was torn: I didn't want to stop reading but I also didn't want it to end.

A state where everything’s possible but nothing very likely? He is the author of five novels, including The Last Painting of Sara de Vos, a New York Times bestseller and a New York Times Book Review Editors' Choice. Eine Person fand diese Informationen hilfreich, Rezension aus den Vereinigten Staaten vom 13. Nathan Nelson is, as a child, involved in a terrible car accident, dies briefly, and awakens from a coma “gifted” with synethesia (sort of like a permanent acid trip: hearing colors, tasting sounds, smelling television, etc.) With this provocation, his father sends him to a school for the exceptionally talented. Ihre zuletzt angesehenen Artikel und besonderen Empfehlungen. The sadness of miscommunication and consequences lead the reader through a son’s life of huge paternal expectation but the a son has under achiever’s heart. We hope that these ideas will enrich your conversation and increase your enjoyment of the book.

Years of sustained harassment to become a genius are ended when at 17 Nathan is in a car accident and recovers realizing that something in his brain changed causing him to be able to memorize vast amounts of information.

Stattdessen betrachtet unser System Faktoren wie die Aktualität einer Rezension und ob der Rezensent den Artikel bei Amazon gekauft hat. Paul Michael Garcia, an AudioFile Earphones Award winner and former company member of the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, received his classical training in theater from Southern Oregon University, where he worked as an actor, director, and designer. I actually wished I had stopped reading it, because the last third of the book was just disjointed and not nearly as well written as the first.

Sadly, the story unfolded much as Nathan did: in a bland, average way. I received this book for free in a goodreads giveaway.

Dominic's writing has appeared in The Atlantic, The Chicago Tribune, Texas Monthly, The Australian, and The New York Times. Es liegen 0 Rezensionen und 0 Bewertungen aus Deutschland vor, Entdecken Sie jetzt alle Amazon Prime-Vorteile. Ironically, this was the first time I had heard about Sinesthesia and the book I chose to read after this one also has a character with the same illness. His fiction has been nominated for a Pushcart Prize and has appeared in the Atlantic Monthly. . If Dominic Smith re-wrote the phone book it would be an instant best seller. Unlike the previous two Smith novels I have read that delve into history, facts and detail this novel is more about the human condition and how fraught things can be when children don't measure up to their parents expectations. A bit of magical realism in the skills of the several other kids there. Wählen Sie einen anderen Lieferort. Then one day Nathan suffers a head injury in a car accident and develops a photographic memory and synesthesia: the extraordinary ability to taste words and feel colors.