and This is a government filibuster. The bullet is a mad thing; only the bayonet knows what it is about. We're all in the same bag, in the same boat. So it's the, it's the ballot or the bullet. A billionaire and a minimum wage earner have the same power at the ballot box. Here, Malcolm X posits that the next step in the fight against black oppression is to reframe the issue as one of human rights rather than civil rights. or What Next?" They don't hang you because you're a Baptist; they hang you 'cause you're black [applause].

And don't let the white man come to you and ask you what you think about what Malcolm says -- why, you old Uncle Tom. It's freedom for everybody or freedom for nobody.”, “You don't have a revolution in which you love your enemy.

These odds aren't as great as those odds. Don't let anybody tell you anything about the odds are against you. People will see it as Author Name with your public flash cards. That's right, go anywhere you want. You don't throw your ballots until you see a target, and if that target is not within your reach, keep your ballot in your pocket. But if the issue is framed as one of human rights, then the case can be tried in the International Court of the United Nations, as an issue of genocide. Those Honkies that just got off the boat, they're already Americans; Polacks are already Americans; the Italian refugees are already Americans. We haven't benefited from America's democracy. Some law-makers become law-breakers. If a black man can't move his store into a white community, you tell me why a white man should move his store into a black community. The right of suffrage (which is held to be both a privilege and a duty) means, as commonly interpreted, the right to vote for the man of another man's choice, and is highly prized. One sanction, which Chuikov was never ashamed to use, was the threat of a bullet in the back. Imagine, these lowdown Southern segregationists put the Northern Democrats down. He just happens to be a white man. They attacked all of us for the same reason. Then you wonder why where you live is always a ghetto or a slum area. We need to expand the civil-rights struggle to a higher level -- to the level of human rights. Most, people, know, election, fought, tiny, minority, communists, extreme.

The entire civil-rights struggle needs a new interpretation, a broader interpretation. Yes. And this time they're not going like they went last year.

Don't you ever think they're not in cahoots together, for the man that is heading the civil-rights filibuster is a man from Georgia named Richard Russell. We do it at the ballot box.

The black man in the black community has to be re-educated into the science of politics so he will know what politics is supposed to bring him in return. Lt. was the black man's vote that put the present administration in Washington, D.C. It's not his speed. Last but not least, I must say this concerning the great controversy over rifles and shotguns. Only 33 of them are Republicans. These 22 million victims are waking up. The white soldiers couldn't cope with that. I'm just questioning their sincerity, and some of the strategy that they've been using on our people by promising them promises that they don't intend to keep. What are bullet image quotes? “If violence is wrong in America, violence is wrong abroad. And when you get into it and see them pussyfooting or compromising, pull out of it because that's not black nationalism. In this quote, Malcolm X solidifies one of the main points of "The Ballot or the Bullet": neither the Democrats nor the Dixiecrats truly have the best interests of African-Americans at heart. You don't take your case to the criminal, you take your criminal to court.”, “So our next move is to take the entire civil rights struggle – problem – into the United Nations and let the world see that Uncle Sam is guilty of violating the human rights of 22 million Afro-Americans right down to the year of 1964 and still has the audacity or the nerve to stand up and represent himself as the leader of the free world?”, “We suffer political oppression, economic exploitation and social degradation. I stole it from him. And I see America through the eyes of the victim. Why, that's colonization. Just as Adam Clayton Powell is a Christian minister who heads the Abyssinian Baptist Church in New York, but at the same time takes part in the political struggles to try and bring about rights to the black people in this country; whether you live on the boulevard or in the alley. Whether a inspirational quote from your favorite celebrity Maxim Gorky, Logan Pearsall Smith or an motivational message about giving it your best from a successful business person, we can all benefit from a famous bullet quote. It takes heart to be a guerrilla warrior because you're on your own. Woman, stock, rising, market, live, see, women, vote, rap. Human rights are the rights that are recognized by all nations of this earth. In my little humble way of understanding it, it points toward either the ballot or the bullet.

The same government that you go abroad to fight for and die for is the government that is in a conspiracy to deprive you of your voting rights, deprive you of your economic opportunities, deprive you of decent housing, deprive you of decent education. old, man, think, afraid. The philosophy of black nationalism involves a re-education program in the black community in regards to economics. Civil rights keeps you under his restrictions, under his jurisdiction. Suffiseth this to proove my theame withall, That every bullet hath a lighting place. The Ballot or the Bullet, Part 1 Summary and Analysis. We're all poor as individuals. All of us have suffered here, in this country, political oppression at the hands of the white man, economic exploitation at the hands of the white man, and social degradation at the hands of the white man. Before we try and explain what is meant by the ballot or the bullet, I would like to clarify something concerning myself. That's all. They blame the Dixiecrats. However, if you try to confiscate my guns, I will feel compelled to give them to you, one bullet at a time.

That's one of Brother Lomax's words. And he's in cahoots with the other one that's not for you. But when you drop that violence on me, then you've made me go insane, and I'm not responsible for what I do. Sufficeth this to prove my theme withal, That every bullet hath a lighting place. There are many hands touching ballots after a voter drops his ballot into the ballot box. You haven't even made progress, if what's being given to you, you should have had already. These papers were written primarily by students and provide critical analysis of The Ballot or the Bullet by Malcolm X. Just now, after everything else is gone, out of the way, they're going to sit down now and play with you all summer long -- the same old giant con game that they call filibuster. It was so close they had to count all over again. What, argufies, pride, ambition, Soon, late, death, us, tow. Second-class citizenship is nothing but 20th slavery.