(as Lee Seung-Joon), Song Yeo-jong Alle anderen, könnten ruhig einen Bogen drum machen. !’ on a couple of occasions, but how could you not? Otani Ryohei. One other note: Korean uses a flat bottom ship. | If you fight to the death, you will live!-Admiral Yi Sun-Sin. The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up. Within each year…, **this is just movies ----- inspired by all the lists like this for other sites because they’re my fav way…, Lista de filmes, em ordem cronológica, sobre fatos da História Geral, da Pré-História aos dias de hoje. Hwang Bo-man | Para professores e…, XZanthia OctoShroom 3,820 films 14 1 Edit. Made by fans in Auckland, New Zealand. Roaring Currents (2014) Trailer < Myeong-ryang - Hoe-o-ri-ba-da > The story of Korean history’s most astonishing military victory by its greatly revered strategist, Admiral Yi Sunshin, who lures over 300 Japanese ships into a deadly trap where they meet their fate against only 13 battle ships. I’ll just say it’s clear even to an international audience this is an epic about a legendary battle of cultural significance. The battle, which took place in the Myeongryang Strait off the southwest coast of the Korean Peninsula, is considered one of the greatest victories of Yi. Tyler Posey realizes he's on his own in an exclusive clip from 'Alone,' now on FandangoNOW, What to Watch on FandangoNOW: Smiths-Inspired ‘The More You Ignore Me,’ Horror Movie Collections and More, This Week in Family Movie News: ‘Thomas & Friends’ Coming Down the Track, First ‘Addams Family 2’ Teaser and More. Choi Min-sik Ryu Seung-ryong Cho Jin-woong Jin Goo Lee Jung-hyun Kim Myung-gon Kwon Yul No Min-woo Kim Tae-hoon Ryohei Otani Lee Seung-joon Kim Kang-il Park Bo-gum Lee Hae-yeong Jang Jun-nyeong Mun Yeong-dong Kim Won-hae Choi Deok-moon Park No-shik Shin Yoo-ram Kim Hyeon-tae Kang Tae-young Kim Gu-taek Jo Bok-rae Ko Kyoung-pyo Lee Jae-gu Jo Ha-seok Lee Joo-sil Han Yi-jin (voice), General Kurushima Michifusa Directed by Han-min Kim. Rack up 500 points and you'll score a $5 reward for more movies. HanCinema's Official Facebook group will keep you updated on the latest in Korean movies and dramas! The filmmakers did a great job in depicting this battle with the action for the last 3rd of the movie being non-stop. Check out our picks for family friendly movies movies that transcend all ages. ‘명량’ I’m not going to put this review in ‘Contains spoilers’ because it is a well-documented historical event so the outcome should already be known, but I mention some of the events during the battle so if that counts as a spoiler to you then stop reading until you’ve seen the film. TMDb The action and the battle scenes are empressive , Great Job.The music is really awesome they used it very well.Maybe the only thing that I did't like ,at the beginning I felt lost. Seung-ryong Ryu. Film tema peperangan yang cukup asyik secara cerita, dialog & eksekusi. | We know life happens, so if something comes up, you can return or exchange your tickets up until the posted showtime. This product uses the TMDb API but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb. Es ist eine einzige, auf Hochglanz polierte Schlacht auf See die dem Zuschauer selten wirklich packt. (voice) (as Geoffrey Chalmers), Lim Jung (war widow) / The story of Korean history’s most astonishing military victory by its greatly revered strategist, Admiral Yi Sunshin, who lures over 300 Japanese ships into a deadly trap where they meet their fate against only 13 battle ships.Source, You're reading the news with potential spoilers, make them spoiler free, dismiss, View all 97 pictures for "The Admiral: Roaring Currents", The Admiral: Roaring Currents (명량) - Movie. SEE DETAILS. The Admiral: Roaring Currents (2014) - IMDb Technical Specs, See agents for this cast & crew on IMDbPro, Captain Ahn Wi (voice), Captain Kato Yoshiaki / It’s filled with patriotism, focusing on the emotional triumph of the brave Koreans coming together to defeat the evil Japanese. ... General Kurushima Michifusa. Indiewire Kurushima Michifusa.   |  Not Rated I absolutely love this as a period piece and as a history lesson on how this amazing general staved off 330 ships with just 12. That should be enough to enjoy one of the best ancient naval battle captured by this movie. Bye bye Avatar. Variety Cast (in credits order) Min-sik Choi. I can easily see why this set records. The story is the same old David versus Goliath. (voice), re-recording mixer / supervising sound editor, dialogue editor: english / recording engineer: english, production coordinator (english version) (as Aj Gam). ‘Crossfire’ Movie Adaptation Lands at Sony (Exclusive). Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$0.99 monthly or US$7.99 yearly (you can cancel anytime). I am not korean but this movie makes you feel korean. It was amazing! من افضل الافلام الكورية فلم حربي ممتاز جدا . ‘Saturday Night Live’ Review: The Best and Worst of John Mulaney’s Third Time Hosting, 13 February 2020 Best Movie With South Korea as a Backdrop? The naval battle scenes were top notch and the whirlpool miracle on ice feel of this film makes the stakes high and the story fun. Katsura The film mainly follows the famous 1597 Battle of Myeongryang during the Japanese invasion of Korea (1592-1598), where the iconic Joseon admiral Yi Sun-sin managed to destroy a total of 133 Japanese warships with only 13 ships remaining in his command. During his imprisonment, the Korean navy was nearly wiped out,…, “Those who seek death shall live. Additional Voices | Looking for movie tickets? It’s based…, Turbulent Flows. 128 min Jin-woong Cho. The audio mix had my subs at a constant rumble and it felt like i was there. Elder Kim There are a lot of dramatic interpretations, but you will experience general gist of how he exploited fear in his own men and Japanese navy which suffered heavy casualties by Yi over 6 years of war. Like sissy hypno videos but for becoming korean. Joo Suk-tae, Kim Han-min Jeong Tae-sung Kim Hyun-woo Bang Ok-kyung Kim Min-gi Jeong Byeong-wuk Kim Ju-kyung, Myeong-ryang csatája, دریا سالار : سوار بر جریان خروشان, Myeong-ryang, Myeong-ryang - Hoe-o-ri-ba-da, Battle of Myeongryang, Battlefield - Whirlwind Sea, 126 mins   Synopsis I decided to check this out on a whim. Fantastically epic war movie depicting one of the greatest naval battles in history. Unlike Hollywood movies of the same genre there are no sub plots or romantic stories just pure action. Einfach aufgrund der tollen Optik, dem sensationellen Brutalitätsgrad und dem fantastischen Product-Design. Suggestion: Use www.random.org to draw which ones to…, This is a list of period films organized by the year or decade they were set in. * *Nobody cares if you don't think…, Invincible Asia 2,147 films 2,926 59 Edit, Just a list of Asian films I've watched so far. Bae Soo Bong. He was ordered to meet up with the ground army and disband the fleet altogether but instead looked…. Kim Dol-son (as Duek-mun Choi), Captain Ahn Wei / Wakizaka Yasuharu. Roaring Currents tells the story of the Battle of Myeongnyang on October 26, 1597, that saw Admiral Yi Sun-sin defeat a fleet of over 300 Japanese ships with just 13 of his own.The victory was a turning point in the war against the invading Japanese and Yi Sun-sin is a well-known historical figure/big damn hero to Koreans still. It might seem like the story was so scattered and the temper was all time high throughout the entire movie but it's what makes it so good, it's exactly how war is. Korean navy has zero turtle iron clad ship in this engagement. It will give a quick glimpse into the man and back drops of this conflict. Support Role. Screen Reader Users: To optimize your experience with your screen reading software, please use our Flixster.com website, which has the same tickets as our Fandango.com and MovieTickets.com websites. Kuroda More details at The Admiral Roaring Currents 명량 A la fin du XVIème siècle, le Royaume de Joseon est sous la menace d’une invasion japonaise. Action, Drama, History. Directed by Kim Han-min. Support Role. Sign up, Why ? The music is nice it has a powerful presence. ", "Everyone ends up in the same damned place. © Letterboxd Limited. Company Credits (voice), Captain Bae Seol / 29 September 2020 17.6 million tickets were sold nationwide. For even more, visit our Family Entertainment Guide. The Admiral: Roaring Currents Previous Next Show Grid Previous Next Hide Grid Image 1 / Video Audio The film mainly follows the famous 1597 Battle of … Am Ende bewerte ich den Film aber dennoch mit 2,5 von 5 Sternen. Wer solche Art von Filmen mag, wird auch "The Admiral" mögen. Show All… Still I feel like he needed more breathing room to work with here since more than half of his face is blocked most of the time. Unfortunately, by the time battle sequences start almost three-quarters of the movie is already gone. It's relatively difficult to follow the first half of this movie if you don't know something about him. And none of what is happening in that part of the movie is particularly interesting.…, Korean Cinema Never Dissapoints You Brilliant Performance from the Cast Highest Grossing Movie in South Korea Based on True EventsIncredible Naval Battles. Set in the Joseon era (16th century, the favourite period for Korean historical flicks), the Korean fleet of 12 ships is facing a much stronger fleet of 300 invading Japanese ships. In 1597, Korea's Adm. Yi leads just 12 vessels against more than 300 Japanese battleships. I’m not even going to pretend to be versed in historical Asian war tactics and politics. Sign up for a FANALERT® and be the first to know when tickets and other exclusives are available in your area.