Though we do our best to explain the meanings below, some individuals may use these symbols to take a slightly different meaning or they may be interpreted differently depending on the context. The meaning of the name depends on the hanja chosen. We searched it in google. I'd not be at all suprised if my romanized spelling of a term I learned many years ago might not match your romanized spelling. What I find odd, is that the same sound and character seems to be used in 'Tae geuk', where it purportedly means 'largeness', 'bigness' or some similar concept. Tae-hee is a Korean unisex given name.. Please Note: Korean emoticons are similar to other East Asian emoticons, but may use Korean characters in some instances. A Korean martial art that involves a lot of kicking. At that time in Korean history, the committee could not put forth a peasant word like Taekkyon, they needed a word with corresponding Hanja that would be respected by the public. ; A user from Texas, U.S. says the name Tae is of English origin and means "A child of music". Do = means art, way or method. Is that the hangul, as opposed to than hanja above?
Sexy guy with huge penis. So what does hyeol mean? Maybe, maybe not, but so far, it's seems like maybe.
and is of English origin. See Gnarlie's post above. So it was "Taekwon" instead of "Taekkyon". The meaning, origin and history for the user-submitted name Tae. Totally agree, I'm just doing it for a bit of fun. Tae = means to jump, kick or smash with the foot. A submission from South Carolina, U.S. says the name Tae means "Gift of god prise him he is to be the most successful." OK, here we go, fun way to spend an hour or two: Longboat Key over looking Sarasota Bay, at least u, (You must log in or sign up to reply here. A korean citizen called my friend Han Sung Tae. It's the right Hanja, but GM Kang is choosing the parts of the Hanja definitions he likes. A person named Jung Taese.

If I spelled it hyeoldosul, how would you interpret it? But we can't Google the meaning of Tae. But don't test Tae, they're will get highly disrespectful I always thought 태 권 도 was taekwondo. So do you really expect to see a wide difference in translation? Tae is a person that not only is affectionate, but very rude at the same time. I've always understood it to mean "to strike or break with the foot" or "to kick".

; Search for more names by meaning. ). In this article, we’ll cover only the emoticons, but if you wish to … Take the Hanja apart further and see what you find out, see which was it can go. Han means Korea in Korean and Sung is the simplified for Song. Maybe, maybe not, but so far, it's seems like maybe. Using internet translators to go from English to Korean or Korean to English is a good way to get some confusion. With the exception of extremely simple grammatical structures it doesn't work very well. Discussion in 'Tae-Kwon-Do' started by mastercole, Apr 21, 2012. Korea – Han Gook Korean Flag – Tae Guk Gi American Flag – Mi Gook Gee Attention .- Chah-ryut Ready – Joon-bee Begin – Si-jak Yell – Ki-Yahp. It is added after someone's name whom you are not personally close with. I had heard 'to strike or smash with the foot' or similar. No, I did not know what your answer would be. She/He will have the worst attitude but will have your back at any moment. Kwon = means to punch or destroy with the hand or fist. User Submitted Meanings. Since Taek-kyon means "kicking", they found a Hanja for Tae, which was very close, and Kwon to include arms. In short Tae Kwon Do means Foot, Hand, Way. So does the same sound have multiple context-sensitive meanings, or is one of these a slight mistranslation?.