Mikel Arteta is proving to be a brilliant no-nonsense boss... but Gareth Southgate's England system doesn't suit anyone, 'He's got a real built-in brain for football': Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers says England are 'very fortunate' to be able to call upon Aston Villa star Jack Grealish, Real Madrid and Barcelona 'ready to do battle to sign Manchester United superstar Bruno Fernandes' just EIGHT MONTHS into his Old Trafford spell... with the Portuguese midfielder 'irked at being subbed against Tottenham', 'I see they have conceded 11 goals in three games': Callum Wilson hoping to inflict more misery on struggling Manchester United as Newcastle striker aims to maintain fine form, 'I would never disrespect another human being on racial, ethnic or religious grounds': Kubrat Pulev apologises after sparking fury by saying 'Anthony Joshua's tan is better than mine' at a press conference, Anthony Joshua 'really hoping' fans can be let into the O2 for Kubrat Pulev showdown on December 12, as Matchroom lobbies Government, Big Dunc opens up: In a rare interview, Everton's fearsome hero talks 'wee magician' James, Ancelotti's secret tactical weapon, Calvert-Lewin, and why he still gets Merseyside derby butterflies, AHEAD OF THE GAME: EFL worry over Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani's role in rejected £300m buyout due to potential conflicts of interest, 'Mesut Ozil is yesterday's news at the club': Arsenal legend Sol Campbell insists the £350,000-per-week outcast will NEVER play for the Gunners again, Everton's shooting star Dominic Calvert-Lewin on fighting racism, how he first experienced racial abuse when he was just SIX years old, 'social media cowards', the 'real significance' of taking the knee... and his idol Muhammad Ali. $421 Million in Debt: Trump Calls It ‘a Peanut,’ but Challenges Lie Ahead, Third Justice Dept. Home » Soccer » Sky Sports have cancelled the Sunday Supplement after two decades. share.

During lockdown and the Premier League restart, Sky have continued to host the show with journalists speaking via zoom. Way past its sell by date and not a surprise at all. Sky Sports has not ruled out the show returning at some point in the future, although that isn’t guaranteed. 28. During lockdown and the Premier League restart, Sky have continued to host the show with journalists speaking via zoom. The review shows, which went hand in hand with their famed Premier League coverage, have followed Sunday Supplement in being cancelled ahead of the 2020/21 campaign. Sunday Supplement: 11 October 2020. I've not seen Sunday supplement in years properly but it pretty much runs the narrative on stuff like SSN for Sunday and Monday. Read More About: Premier League, Sunday Supplement, Oisin McQueirns is a digital journalist at Pundit Arena. Sky revamped the show in 2007 with Daily Star’s chief sports writer Brian Woolnough taking over as host before his death in 2012. I'm surprised. The show in TV format is kind of obsolete now that there are a million podcasts that do exactly the same thing. The Sunday morning show, which features newspaper and, more recently, online sports reporters discussing the week's biggest footballing stories, began in 1999 as Hold the Back Page on a Friday night. The Sunday morning show first aired in 1999, starting as Hold the Front Page, with Jimmy Hill first presenting and accompanied by three football journalists from national newspapers. The Sunday morning show first aired in 1999, starting as Hold the Back Page, with Jimmy Hill first presenting and accompanied by three football journalists from national newspapers. 90% Upvoted. Was a bit weird having a load of journos meet in Jimmy Hill's kitchen after he died like... Can't stand the programme though with the likes of Custis, Ashton and Martin Samuel pontificating as if they are the all-knowing powers of football. A Sky Sports spokesman said: 'The huge volume of live football since the restart and a condensed season that has already begun means we must look at how best to deploy our resources for the benefit of our customers. Sky has not ruled out a return for the show at a later stage but, due to a tighter schedule with more games to be shown next season, have cut the programme, which had been produced via video calls since the restart, from their offering. ‘Please Like Me,’ Trump Begged. ': Marcus... 'What happened is really a disgrace': Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani launches attack on Manchester United and... 'How bad is this?'

Contact him here oisin@punditarena.com

By Gunnamatta in Miscellaneous. Some of the journalists were alright but often I'd switch off when they give a rubbish opinion on something they don't even know about. Gianluigi Buffon set to reach incredible milestone of 650th Serie A game in 24th Italian top flight season with Juventus legend taking gloves from... MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. — My family moved to Mount Vernon, N.Y., when I was 6. Sky Sports have cancelled the Sunday Supplement after two decades. Our new home was several blocks from one of... WESTERVILLE, Ohio — Kate Rabinovitch doesn’t call herself an activist. I can understand Sunday Supplement because that was awful however Goals on Sunday was always a great watch.' Is there an agenda against Manchester United or is it just mind games from the likes of Frank Lampard? The show was presented by Jacqui Oatley before March’s suspension of the season. ', Sky Sports announced the Sunday Supplement has been cancelled due to a fixture pile-up, During lockdown and Premier League restart, Sky have continued to host the show via zoom. Posted by. Published: 18:31 EDT, 5 August 2020 | Updated: 20:14 EDT, 5 August 2020. New £45m man has been hailed as the final piece of Mikel... MICAH RICHARDS: Nobody is laughing at Arsenal now! The broadcaster has made the decision not to show the long-running show, which sees a panel of journalists debate football’s issues, thanks to the large number of fixtures to cram in to the new campaign.

save hide report.

The previous campaign was cancelled due to the global pandemic. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline. Sky revamped the show in 2007 …

Published: 23:31 BST, 5 August 2020 | Updated: 01:11 BST, 6 August 2020.

Its format consists of a round-table discussion between the presenter and three newspaper journalists. Neil Ashton succeeded him as presenter until the beginning of this year. By Laura Fox... 'I embrace every part of me no matter what size': Lingerie-clad Malin Andersson reveals she's lost a stone after feeling 'sluggish and lazy' Where to countdown The Sunday Supplement air dates? A lot of Sky Sports' signature football content that isn't the live matches themselves is rather dated now and in need of a refresh. @SamiMokbel81_DM doesn't think so…, Watch Sunday Supp now on Sky Sports PL pic.twitter.com/CWqD5V1q8f, — Sunday Supplement (@SundaySupp) July 19, 2020. 'Versace on the floor': Former WAG Arabella Del Busso strips down to her underwear in glamorous selfie ahead of her appearance on SAS Australia

Jacqui Oatley was announced as the first female host of the programme in January.

The Totally Football Show and Football Weekly from the Guardian both do that with the benefit of fewer diabolical takes. Fugitive Chinese billionaire's allies hyped 'Hunter Biden bombshell with 3 hard disk drives of videos and dossiers' in September - and Rudy Giuliani claims... You have entered an incorrect email address! Jacqui Oatley, a commentator and presenter for the BBC, ITV and Sky Sports, was announced as the first female host of the programme in January before the coronavirus pandemic brought the season to a halt. Are you sure you want to delete this comment? Mikel Arteta is proving to be a brilliant no-nonsense... 'He's got a real built-in brain for football': Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers says England are 'very... Farm Heroes Saga, the #4 Game on iTunes. ): Harry Maguire and Paul Pogba DITCHED with Mason Greenwood leading the line in Anthony Martial's absence are among his possible options for tricky trip to Newcastle, 'The spotlight should be on me because I'm responsible': Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits the pressure is on as Man United bid to turn around horror start to the season at Newcastle, 'He's shown some things in training that we don't really have here': Ole Gunnar Solskjaer praises Manchester United new boy Facundo Pellistri and reveals Alex Telles could be set for debut, Steve Finnan is selling his 2005 Champions League winner's medal for at least £12,000 as well as matchworn Liverpool shirts after former defender's property development business 'goes into liquidation'. Are you sure you want to submit this vote? Play it now. SUNDAY SUPPLEMENT has been axed by Sky Sports after more than 20 years due to next season's huge Premier League fixture pile-up.

We are no longer accepting comments on this article.

Sunday Supplement cancelled by Sky Sports and will not air next season. I dont think soccer Saturday should be cancelled as they wouldn't run anything different in that slot but it does need revamping the guests are the same thing every week. Was really just BBC gossip in TV form. So much of football discussion is dominated by ex players it was quite nice to watch something where journalists drove the discussion. The broadcaster has made the decision not to show the long-running show, which sees a panel of journalists debate football's issues, thanks to the large number of fixtures to cram in to the new campaign.

Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, https://twitter.com/hltco/status/955053813546745856?s=21. Oh no -- where will I get my uninformed clichés from past-it media hacks on a Sunday morning now? The football subreddit.

A Sky Sports spokesman said: ‘The huge volume of live […] 'This is the opportunity to bounce back... this is an even bigger game': Marcus Rashford insists Manchester United MUST respond at Newcastle after humiliating defeat by Tottenham, 'What happened is really a disgrace': Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani launches attack on Manchester United and Liverpool over Project Big Picture and warns rest of Premier League 'need to strongly defend' against elite power grab, 'I feel sorry for the fans... £14 is a lot of money': Jose Mourinho slams Premier League over pay-per-view matches and points out fans cannot even watch their team together, Santos suspend Robinho's contract just ONE WEEK after his return to Brazil so forward can 'concentrate exclusively' on appealing rape conviction in Italy, How Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could shake up Manchester United (if he's brave enough!

Would have been so much better if supporters were able to phone in and provide their own opinions. During lockdown and the Premier League restart, Sky have continued to host the show with journalists speaking via zoom.