SpongeBob’s good intentions and overzealous approach to life usually create chaos in his underwater world.”. There is no question that the series will no longer be the same without Hillenburg guiding the ship as creator, writer, director, and producer of the show. There has been no hint at ending that now. And lest we forget his impeccable driving skills on the rock to deliver the Krusty Krab Pizza! Welcome to /r/FanTheories! share. Throughout the last two decades, the show has enthralled young children that have aged and have introduced the show to their children as well. It is first said in the pilot episode "Help Wanted.". Three generations (parents when the show first began, the children at the beginning, and now their children) can take claim to waking up to watching SpongeBob’s nautical nonsense. Well, Spongebob has demonstrated in the past that he does know how to drive a boat intellectually. He does put the boat in reverse, but that’s all he does, keeping his foot on the gas pedal and the gear in reverse until the boat eventually runs out of gas in the middle of nowhere, repeating “backing up” the whole time. SpongeBob lines have become part of society’s lingo. He captured the thoughts of many college students in one of the many episodes in which he had to retake his boating (driving) class, “Can I be excused for the rest of my life?”. . He wished he had something he was good at but he’s afraid that he will fail. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. On the other hand, when it’s just him, unaided, behind the wheel of an actual boat, he seems to panic and get stuck in an anxiety loop. . It is used to reflect the character's optimistic personality and is commonly said whenever SpongeBob is walking to work or prepares for what his adventures will bring him. "Bummer Vacation" - SpongeBob prepares for his vacation. The best example of this I can remember is, again, in the episode where he and Squidward are delivering the pizza. In the episode where Mrs. More posts from the FanTheories community. Lou Gehrig’s disease is a neurodegenerative disease; it impacts muscle control and gradually worsens over time. TL;DR - Spongebob has boating-related anxiety. ?oldid=2811, "Help Wanted" - SpongeBob marches to work; SpongeBob marches to work again after. "Boating School" - SpongeBob walks to Mrs. His lines encourage body positivity, “I’m ugly and I’m proud”, which many have used to caption their selfies. He lives the life he wants. This is a place for fans of various creative works to share theories, interpretations and speculation related to that particular creative work. Hey laura here. It is first said in the pilot episode "Help Wanted." He sadly ends up not getting it. "I'm ready!" We see him look at the gear shift as Squidward tells him to start the boat and put it in reverse, and the text on the gear shift suddenly changes to Korean. "Krusty Krab Training Video" - SpongeBob is so eager to make a Krabby Patty that he splits himself into duplicates that mimic his catchphrase. The TV show has continued to release new episodes since its launch in 1999. Katie (@Katie07751988) said, “R.I.P. Once he’s out of the boat again, he seems to go back to his normal self. SpongeBob actually doesn’t say “I’m ready” that much, but he’s still known for it. An icon, SpongeBob SquarePants, was born around the time as many college students at SCSU. The kid is 4.5 which I think is an ok age to watch it? Spongebob is also happy because he has good self esteem. Plankton could very well steal the Krabby Patty formula making someone buy him a patty, but he can’t, he feels like he needs to mentally beat Krabs himself to feel good.