“Remember that my life is but breath;My eye will not again see good. of "A stormy wind shall rend it" (Ezekiel 13:11; compare 5:2; 12:14; 17:21; Hosea 4:19; 8:7; Jeremiah 49:36; Matthew 7:25). For Permission to Quote Information visit http://www.lockman.org, Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the. The sons of Israel went through the midst of the sea on the dry land, and the waters were like a wall to them on their right hand and on their left. “The wind will sweep away all your shepherds,And your lovers will go into captivity;Then you will surely be ashamed and humiliatedBecause of all your wickedness. With His fierce wind He has expelled them on the day of the. Original Word: תֵּימָן Part of Speech: Noun Feminine Transliteration: teman Phonetic Spelling: (tay-mawn') Definition: south, south wind. Arise, O north wind, and come thou south; blow through my garden, and let its spices flow out. So Moses stretched out his staff over the land of Egypt, and the Lord directed an east wind on the land all that day and all that night; and when it was morning, the east wind brought the locusts. When a moderate south wind came up, supposing that they had attained their purpose, they weighed anchor and began sailing along Crete, close inshore. And I will make him fall by the sword in his own land.”’”. “Now men do not see the light which is bright in the skies;But the wind has passed and cleared them. Behold, I will put a spirit in him so that he will hear a rumor and return to his own land. And by His power He directed the south wind. "Entry for 'WHIRLWIND'". So He said, “Go forth and stand on the mountain before the Lord.” And behold, the Lord was passing by! It had already become dark, and Jesus had not yet come to them. Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord swept the sea back by a strong east wind all night and turned the sea into dry land, so the waters were divided. In that time it will be said to this people and to Jerusalem, “A scorching wind from the bare heights in the wilderness in the direction of the daughter of My people—not to winnow and not to cleanse. It is a warm wind bringing good weather. Of uncertain derivation; the south; poet. There had never been so many locusts, nor would there be so many again. Bible > Strong's > Hebrew > 8486 8486. teman Strong's Concordance. Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. In the narrative of St. Pauls voyage we meet with the Greek term Lips to describe the southwest wind; the Latin Carus or Caurus , the northwest wind ( Acts 27:12 ) and Euroclydon , a wind of a very violent character coming from east-northeast. Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.read more.The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.”. We'll send you an email with steps on how to reset your password. And David lived with Achish at Gath, he and his men, each with his household, even David with his two wives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the Carmelitess, Nabal’s widow. “The wind will sweep away all your shepherds, Then you will surely be ashamed and humiliated. The nations rumble on like the rumbling of many waters,But He will rebuke them and they will flee far away,And be chased like chaff in the mountains before the wind,Or like whirling dust before a gale. So pursue them with Your tempestAnd terrify them with Your storm. The Queen of the South will rise up with the men of this generation at the judgment and condemn them, because she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and behold, something greater than Solomon is here. Back to Words index : Back to Natural words index East Wind. And when you see a south wind blowing, you say, ‘It will be a hot day,’ and it turns out that way. Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver and the gold were crushed all at the same time and became like chaff from the summer threshing floors; and the wind carried them away so that not a trace of them was found. When a moderate south wind came up, supposing that they had attained their purpose, they weighed anchor and began sailing along Crete, close inshore. Daniel said, “I was looking in my vision by night, and behold, the four winds of heaven were stirring up the great sea. 43:20 and its presence is hence invoked as favorable to vegetation in ( Solomon 4:16 ) It is described in ( Proverbs 25:23 ) as bringing rain; in this case we must understand the northwest wind. There will also be in My anger a flooding rain and hailstones to consume it in wrath. “You will winnow them, and the wind will carry them away,And the storm will scatter them;But you will rejoice in the Lord,You will glory in the Holy One of Israel. General Editor. ( Acts 27:14 ) [E] indicates this entry was also found in Easton's Bible Dictionary. Storms usually come from the Southwest. “Terrors are turned against me;They pursue my honor as the wind,And my prosperity has passed away like a cloud. But the wind has passed and cleared them. But the south wind is a warm wind: when the south wind blows, the ice melts, and the torrents are filled. And the tiger flew over the snow in a straight line for the south, growing ... /.../macdonald/at the back of the north wind/chapter 11 when one at.htm, Tempest and Trust ... And when the south wind blew softly, supposing that they had obtained their purpose, loosing thence, they sailed close by Crete.14. Bound with the frost of our sins, we have frozen. Winds. Proud member But God remembered Noah and all the beasts and all the cattle that were with him in the ark; and God caused a wind to pass over the earth, and the water subsided. But before very long there rushed down from the land a violent wind, called Euraquilo; and when the ship was caught in it and could not face the wind, we gave way to it and let ourselves be driven along. 16. We could not accomplish deliverance for the earth. "Out of the .... south cometh the storm" ; yet in Ezekiel's vision he saw a whirlwind coming out of the north (Ezekiel 1:4). All rights reserved. We were pregnant, we writhed in labor,We gave birth, as it seems, only to wind.We could not accomplish deliverance for the earth,Nor were inhabitants of the world born. Who has ascended into heaven and descended?Who has gathered the wind in His fists?Who has wrapped the waters in His garment?Who has established all the ends of the earth?What is His name or His son’s name?Surely you know! And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. Back to Words index : Back to Spatial words index South, North. "tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine" (Ephesians 4:14; compare Proverbs 27:16; Ecclesiastes 1:6; John 3:8; James 1:6). It is a warm wind bringing good weather. For all of us have become like one who is, So they picked up Jonah, threw him into the sea, and the sea. The north wind is usually a strong, continuous wind blowing down from the northern hills, and while it is cool it always "drives away rain," as correctly stated in Proverbs 25:23, the King James Version; yet it is a disagreeable wind, and often causes headache and fever. We gave birth, as it seems, only to wind. Bible > Strong's > Hebrew > 8486 8486. teman Strong's Concordance. So the Philistines gathered together and came and camped in Shunem; and Saul gathered all Israel together and they camped in Gilboa. The south wind could be hot (Luke 12:55) or gentle (Acts 27:13). so tell those who plaster it over with whitewash, that it will fall. You continued looking until a stone was cut out without hands, and it struck the statue on its feet of iron and clay and crushed them. 17:10 ; 19:12 ), and is sometimes mentioned as simply denoting a strong wind ( Job 27:21 ; Isaiah 27:8 ). and say to the forest of the Negev, ‘Hear the word of the Lord: thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I am about to kindle a fire in you, and it will consume every green tree in you, as well as every dry tree; the blazing flame will not be quenched and the whole surface from south to north will be burned by it.