"When the cold shakes my bones its the rug that warms my soul" and "Take your shoes off at the door...its impolite not too you'll be damaging my floor" are just some of the great lyrics to this feel good song. Burning down the house- The Talking heads, Who can remember this song from the romcom 13 going on 30? Ok this probably isn't the best example of a song about houses but the the title and the first sentence is Lego HOUSE!!!

Outside of work, she enjoys stepping away from her phone and computer and spending time with her friends, whether it's just hanging out or traveling. Questions to Ask Yourself Before Buying a Home in a Hurricane-Prone Area, How to Hire the Right Mortgage Lender and Updates on Lending During COVID-19, Nosy Neighbors: A Survey of the Nosiest Neighbors in the US, Touring Ohio’s Historic Old West End Neighborhood. 6. Take Me Home, Country Roads – John Denver.

Ahhhh Jack where have you been all my life. If you think a good … House Beautiful participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Coming Home- P Diddy ft Skylar Grey . 10. Your email address will not be published. This list ranks the best songs with home in the name, regardless of genre. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBjuoMy9FUU. It has appeared in movies such as Forrest Gump, Joe Dirt and of course Sweet Home Alabama. The Best Christmas Songs for an Epic Holiday Party, Gloria Vanderbilt's Childhood NYC Home Is for Sale, Home: 50 Tastemakers Describe What It Means. Neil Diamond–“Heartlight” is about going out and finding yourself, shining your light but remembering home and finding your own home in the world.

youtube embed goes here! This song just gives you such good vibes. Take Leon Bridges's "Coming Home." Originally the vocalist sang about being trapped in the house during the weekend, but then they flipped it to create a more positive scenario. Playing songs about moving away (particularly those that are upbeat) will also give you a bit of pep in your step throughout the moving process.

Neil Diamond–“Heartlight” is about going out and finding yourself, shining your light but remembering home and finding your own home in the world.

Nobody’s Home – Avril Lavigne 2004, Under My Skin Rock. Will 2020 Be The Year You Buy Your First Home? This ranked poll includes songs like "Home Sweet Home" by Mötley Crüe, and "Take Me Home Country Roads" by John Denver. From country to R&B to pop to rock, songs about home have relatable lyrics that remind you of where you grew up and celebrate your hometown. 8. “He’s lookin’ for home, ‘Cause everyone needs a place; And home’s the most excellent place of all” The tunes that will make you feel right at home. Biltmore Estate's Tree Raising Will Be Virtual, The Best Gifts for Your Astrology-Obsessed Friends, Ernest Hemingway's Former Home Needs Your Help, Staub's Pumpkin Dutch Ovens Are On Sale Right Now, This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. This video is all about going back to your roots. While plenty of home songs are sentimental, they can be about new beginnings, too. This song gets me every time. 2. How could we leave this one off the list. This is the song for you.

Who says all the good songs are about heartbreak, rebellion or burning desire? Take Leon Bridges's "Coming Home." Home- Edward Sharp and The Magnetic Zeroes. We found some of the best songs about homes and broke them into mini-playlists for you, happy listening! According to buble himself it is about a man, who is separated from his lover while off traveling. Home- Edward Sharp and The Magnetic Zeroes. Don’t Wanna Go Home – Jason Derulo 2011, Future History Platinum Edition Dance.

It has been used extensively in film and television such as One Tree hill, Packed to the Rafters, and Ugly Betty to name a few. Best of luck and happy moving! 9. We may earn commission on some of the items you choose to buy.

The Ultimate Little Tikes Playhouse™ Makeover: Spring Dreams Edition, The Priciest Streets in Major U.S. Cities, The Best Cities for Millennials, Generation X, and Baby Boomers. The song is arguably one of the most popular rock songs of all times. Required fields are marked *. 7.

Bring It On Home To Me – Sam Cooke 1962, The Best of Sam Cooke R&B. However you feel about where you came from or where you live now, we’ve rounded up the best 50 songs about home that you're sure to play on repeat. The Royal Family as Neighbors: Who Was Voted the Best and Worst? Whether you live in a small town or big city, these songs will transport you home. Every item on this page was hand-picked by a House Beautiful editor. by Bon Jovi and Jennifer Nettles, "Homecoming" by Kanye West, featuring Chris Martin, "Coming Home" by Diddy, featuring Skylar Grey, "This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)" by Talking Heads, "Back Where I Come From" by Kenny Chesney, "That's What I Call Home" by Blake Shelton, "Empire State of Mind" by Jay-Z, featuring Alicia Keys, "Hold On, We're Going Home" by Drake, featuring Majid Jordan, "May We All" by Florida Georgia Line, featuring Tim McGraw, "Green, Green Grass of Home" by Tom Jones, "Famous in a Small Town" by Miranda Lambert, "Home Is Where The Heart Is" by Lady Antebellum. Even if you’ve never been to the South, when you listen to “Sweet Home Alabama” or “Take Me Home, Country Roads,” it’s hard to resist singing along while picturing blue skies and the roads that lead to your childhood home.

He expresses a desire to return home and be with his lover. Most of the tracks listed here are songs about homes, but almost all of them have different lyrical interpretations, despite the commonality of having the word home in the title. This song is soooo romantic!!!

Won’t Go Home Without You – Maroon 5 2007, It Won’t Be Soon Before Long Rock.

youtube embed goes here!

When putting together your moving day playlist, we recommend adding these feel good songs about moving away to the queue. This song just gives you such good vibes. 15 of the best "HOME" Songs. It follows a trio in search of home only to find burned belongings and the shell of a home. Or maybe you remember the remake by The Cardigans and Tom Jones. Home means something different to everyone, so it make sense that songs about home span genres of music. Although it was not in the notebook it does make a beautiful song for the movie and probably should have been in it. Want a great song to listen to and actually relax to.

When people read Homes.com's blog articles, of course!

Songs about home can be about more than a physical place—they can also be about the people you love and surround yourself with. https://www.homes.com/blog/author/sydneypressley/, © 2020 Kutak - WordPress Theme by APALODI, Cindy Crawford and Rande Gerber List Malibu Waterfront Home, Austin-based Blogger Jesse Coulter Shares Nine Tips on the Homebuying Process, Director of “The Notebook” Nick Cassavetes Lists Hollywood Hills Home, Homebuying Advice from Dads Around the Country.

Goo Goo Dolls – “Home”. That would just be wrong. That has to count right!!!

There are plenty of songs about homes and hometowns that are nostalgic, especially country tunes. Whether you’re redecorating, remodeling, or finding a new home, you can blast songs that perfectly capture fresh starts like “Welcome to New York” by Taylor Swift. The chilled out beachy vibe definitely reflects in the vibe of this song. Songs about home can be about more than a physical place—they can also be about the people you love and surround yourself with.

This video is all about going back to your roots. Created by Mediaworks NZ On Mar 29, 2017 1. This song is so beautiful and sweet. Songs about leaving home and saying goodbye

Depicts the feelings and thoughts about being away from home and loved ones, and the almost gravitational pull back to the feeling, places and people that we equate with ‘home’. You may however know it from the beach scene in my sisters keeper.

You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, 14 Design Podcasts You Need to Listen to Right Now, These Are the Most Popular HGTV Shows by State, 11 Fun Games That Double as Coffee Table Decor, You Can Take a Virtual Flower Arranging Class, This Twitter Account Rates Your Zoom Backdrop, "The House That Built Me" by Miranda Lambert, "Take Me Home, Country Roads" by John Denver, "Who Says You Can't Go Home?"

Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Home – Daughtry 2007, Daughtry Rock After all, what subject is more worthy of being immortalized in song than the simple pleasures of home? “He’s lookin’ for home, ‘Cause everyone needs a place; And home’s the most excellent place of all”, I love these songs and I hope you can save me more, Your email address will not be published. As Homes.com's content marketing assistant, Sydney gets to combine one of her favorite pastimes with her job– keeping up with pop culture.

Trying new foods, going snowboarding, and long road trips are some of her other favorite things to do, but what does she loves the most? The tunes that will make you feel right at home.