Learn more. The song peaked at number 4 in the US Billboard Hot 100, number 5 on the mainstream rock charts, number 35 in … "[/S] (think real) croire à vi + prép The song reminds me of the book of Job. Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). https://www.thefreedictionary.com/believe+in. Create an account with SongMeanings to post comments, submit lyrics, and more. Tagged: Monster Ballads | the Vietnam War | Veterans. Accessed 17 Oct. 2020. What made you want to look up believe in? believe in (someone or something) believe in (someone or something) 1. "Something to Believe In" was also released on the Best of Ballads & Blues album in 2003, with alternate lyrics (part 2). 'Nip it in the butt' or 'Nip it in the bud'? Learn more. Learn a new word every day. The Minister said we all are Muslims and strongly, PC Stan Baker, Bromsgrove's crime reduction officer, said: "Most of the break-ins have happened during lunchtime or the afternoon and we, In a column I did last November, I described a particularly noxious example of this from Ringgold, Ga., where the city council had voted to display in the main entrance of the city building a framed Ten Commandments poster, a framed Lord's Prayer manuscript, and on the opposite wall, an empty picture frame for what sponsor Bill McMillon called "people who, the boss/his mother still believes in him, he believes in giving people a second chance, Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary, the webmaster's page for free fun content, Ahsan Iqbal suggests raising special riot police contingent, Thefts from cars alert; CRIME Worcestershire News, A year after Sept. 11, some folks still don't get it. General CommentWell in the beginning I agree with scoy68 about Tom Batter..... and he ( Bret Michaels) is saying he doesn't know what to think or believe after what happen in vietnam and how his friend committed sucied at palm springs.So he is saying we all need something to believe in when times get tough. This sort of cry out is all through the Psalms and book of Job. Well I see him on the TV Preachin' 'bout the promise lands He tells me believe in Jesus Steals the money from my hands Some say he was a good man Lord I think he sinned, yeah Twenty-two years of mental tears Cries a suicidal … When a person cries out like that doesn't mean they have no faith. Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free! “Believe in.” Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/believe%20in. To have confidence in one's or someone else's abilities. It’s super easy, we promise! How to use believe in in a sentence. But this song is great along with "Every Rose.." Well written. NOT [S]"Those red shoes don't go my dress with. All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. "Something to Believe In" as written by Bret Michaels Bobby Dall, Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group, Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC. some people fuck me off so much,why comment when u dont have a fukin clue acting like you know,just because his freind died did not mean it was to suicide. "Something to Believe In" is one of those songs you really have to listen to the words to understand the meaning. Long Live Rock; Jeff from Austin, Tx Is this song by the guy who bangs all those skanks on Rock of Love? Poison: Something to Believe In Meaning. 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? Whether he/she comes out with more faith or none, the outcry was needed. Delivered to your inbox! Billy from … believe in - have a firm conviction as to the goodness of something; "John believes in oat bran" How to use a word that (literally) drives some pe... Name that government! (Perspective), Believe in Everything Because Everything's Reachable, believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see, Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see. Test Your Knowledge - and learn some interesting things along the way. Song Released: 1990 Something to Believe In Lyrics. What does 'poke' refer to in the expression 'pig in a poke'. Don’t have an account? Non-lyrical content copyright 1999-2020 SongMeanings, Javascript must be enabled for the correct page display. Believe in definition is - to have faith or confidence in the existence of (something). believe in [sth/sb] vtr phrasal insep phrasal verb, transitive, inseparable: Verb with adverb(s) or preposition(s), having special meaning, not divisible--for example,"go with" [=combine nicely]: "Those red shoes don't go with my dress." Or something like that. to accept the existence or recognize the value of (something). "Something to Believe In" is a power ballad by American glam metal band Poison, being the second single from their 1990 album Flesh & Blood. Jim from Long Beach, Ca I really don like Poison, in fact I think they are really cheesy. Can you spell these 10 commonly misspelled words? Cambridge Dictionary +Plus believe in sth definition: 1. to be certain that something exists: 2. to be confident that something is effective and right…. Post the Definition of believe in to Facebook, Share the Definition of believe in on Twitter, ‘Fascism’: The Word’s Meaning and History. Log in now to tell us what you think this song means. The self-righteous will usually shun this sort of response to God, but it's actually very good for a person to do so. This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional.