[7] It follows a crew of amateur pirates in their attempt to win the Pirate of the Year competition. Please try again. The film received generally positive reviews,[9] and was a modest box office success, earning $123 million against a budget as high as $55 million. However, it goes totally unexpected. watch online reddit, watch So You Want To Be A Pirate! After several failed attempts to plunder mundane ships, they come across the Beagle and capture its passenger Charles Darwin. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. This FAQ is empty. Então Você Quer Ser um Pirata!, Les Pirates! Use the HTML below. Kurisu, being the only companion to…, Traveling in search of the rare ingredient, “sky fish” Meliodas and Hawk arrive at a palace that floats above the clouds. Blake's Ultimate Animated Short Viewing List. In an Adventure with Scientists (film), Wallace and Gromit's Cracking Contraptions, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Pirates!_In_an_Adventure_with_Scientists!&oldid=983497998, American children's animated adventure films, American children's animated comedy films, American children's animated fantasy films, Animated films featuring female antagonists, Cultural depictions of Queen Victoria on film, Album articles lacking alt text for covers, Official website different in Wikidata and Wikipedia, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Character Animation in a Feature Production, Production Design in an Animated Feature Production, Voice Acting in an Animated Feature Production, Writing in an Animated Feature Production, Outstanding Animated Character in an Animated Feature Motion Picture, This page was last edited on 14 October 2020, at 15:40. Featuring special guests like Charles Darwin and the Pirate King you will set sail for giggles and fun with musical surprises along the way! Please try your request again later. As a raging pirate junkie and a nerd, I have a vast collection of books just about every book on piracy. Customer reviews. So You Want To Be A Pirate! Narrator and when his arm falls off, he instead says with "Or my left! Of course, if you've already died or been hit by a cannonball, please, just quietly remove yourself from the … For many films this is a very welcome thing but not always and I must admit that for Pirates, as much as I liked the film, I didn't love it to the point where I was falling over myself for more. He also developed his own explanation, in which he notes that the word "scientist" is rarely used in the Hollywood films due to it not being "cool," representing "the mad scientist or the dweeby nerd that dress funny, have no social skills, play video games, long for unattainable women. It has a mix of handy tips for acting like a pirate, like a pirate-name-generator and pirate party games. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. The talk show format is fun and lends itself surprisingly well to the pirate narrative but the talented cast is wasted beating the dead horse of recurring gags that never landed to begin with. [31] The film is accompanied with an 18-minute[32] short stop motion animated film called So You Want to Be a Pirate!, where The Pirate Captain hosts his own talk show about being a true pirate. KissAnime Review: The Dark Sorcerer –…, Daffy Duck: Frustrated Fowl was released in conjunction with Bugs Bunny: Hare Extraordinaire None of these shorts have been released on disc before, and Chuck Jones’s “Daffy Dilly” (1948) is…, Jesa is a Korean tradition honoring one’s ancestors. The Pirate Captain rescues Polly and they escape safely, leaving behind a furious Queen. It was such fun to do! Reviewed in the United States on September 7, 2014. According to Lord, "it got close, but not quite close enough. So You Want To Be A Pirate [DVD] Customer Questions & Answers See questions and answers. "[20] Response from the director of the film, Peter Lord, was that "some people reckoned the United Kingdom title wouldn't charm/ amuse / work in the United States. 17 mins   The score was released digitally by Madison Gate Records on 24 April 2012,[26] and as a CD-R on-demand on 17 May 2012. View production, box office, & company info. Everything you work for as a pirate rests in your ship. KissAnime Review: Infinity…. When a lab experiment goes wrong, a portal opens between a…, When the mystical kingdom of Ramathep is besieged by a monstrous army of Yaksa Clan, the faith of the kingdom lies in a young Muay Thai warrior determined to use…, Barbie and her sisters go to an island paradise for a dance competition, but they must work together as a team to find their pets after their furry friends go…, A CGI comedy short about a sorcerer having difficulties summoning a demon, created by game developer Quantic Dream as a Playstation 4 tech demo. Whether readers are old hands at pirating or hopeless landlubbers, the Pirate Guys will have them pirate-savvy in no time with sure-fire pirate pickup lines for any occasion, tips on how to make their pirate party a buccaneer ball that even Martha Stewart would be proud of, and help determining their true pirate monicker. Santa's (Jim Broadbent's) clumsy son Arthur (James McAvoy) sets out on a mission with Grandsanta (Bill Nighy) to give out a present they misplaced to a young girl in less than two hours. I liked this book overall. The guests are great and the segments are fun. It also has interesting pirate factoids and trivia at various points in the margins. Written by Claymaaaatiiiiiiion-Stop-Motioooonnn!!!!! Band of Misfits, as Defoe's books don't have "the same following outside of the United Kingdom," so it was not necessary to keep the original title.