The Twilight Zone is coming but that has never actually proven to attract an audience outside of the original. The figure was later corrected. Arguably we have already seen one. Nor so much. Three shows might be pushing it but probably fine. Burnham, who was headed to jail forever as a mutineer not so long ago, now a ‘superhero’ officer and Mirror Georgiou, maniacal tyrant now the lead of a dark ops. And someone like DD is much more grounded like Batman and lives by a moral code, so while he definitely gives people a good beating, its still not taking someone’s life. What’s the scoop? In his eyes, to protect what the Fed…
(Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion, p. 553), In the interim between seasons six and seven of DS9, the show's writing staff determined that bringing Section 31 back in the seventh and final season, delivering on an implicit promise to make the organization return, was an important goal. Wait what did Saru do?? I’m excited that we are getting so much Star Trek on tv. Even if Bashir wouldn't resort to torture, he could have handed him to Sisko, who would have gone full Maquis on him. Marcus attempted to destroy the Enterprise with the Vengeance, but sabotage by Montgomery Scott and a boarding party of Kirk and Khan further foiled Section 31's machinations. Absolutely agreed Paul.

Don’t worry, it STILL is totally absurd!

This may be the most exciting Star Trek show yet. I too would like small runs.

I’m lining up here behind political scientist. Pretty crazy stuff! IMHO, I think CBSAA should limit a Section 31 series to 6 episodes. As it so happened, Babylon 5 had, from its very start, already featured a very similar clandestine organization called Psi Corps. The Mirror Universe gives actors a chance to ham things up, which works occasionally, as in “once or twice per series.” The DS9 mirror universe episodes were plodding and distracted from the main storyline. It’s VERY difficult to have a lead character be 100% evil. Probably because he assumed Dr. Banshir was a man of ethics and his ethics wouldn't allow him to torture someone for information they may or may not have and be directly responsible for their death.

It would have to be so well written, I just don’t see the Discovery staff as capable of getting the pool of creative talent capable of pulling it off. Marvel was just as surprised Netflix cancelled the shows and it wouldn’t go on the new service anyway because they already said only PG 13 movies and shows will go there and the Netflix shows are all rated mature for obvious reasons lol. And they say they’ll have me back for flashbacks. But again, I like that they are doing different things. Somebody is spinning in his orbit right now…. In retrospect, he said about the organization, "I loved it. I wouldn’t say STARGATE thrived with two shows on the air. The answer is kind of convoluted.

There was so much fanfare to bring that guy on, literally the first one hired out of the pack. And they don’t care about this. They would love to get around it but can’t. :-P. I think that the idealist view of the future is one of the things that attracts many of us to the Star Trek universe. Or something. Produced as a season these stories are just reconfiguring Star Trek and imho not in a good way. I don’t disagree with you with respect to our current society. So in that sense I agree totally with Mel. Perhaps if he loosens his stance some.

For those fans to deny the existence of these persons and their actions is a little short-sighted. I agree franchise fatigue isn’t as much of an issue as people think, as we have many franchises that proves that point. I hear people wax on about TOS like its the greatest show ever and that show had some pretty big stinkers, you only think about the good ones today. I’d also love to see that proposed Khan movie series inbetween TOS and TWOK…I want to see Zahn McClarnon in that part (Akecheta on Westworld, Longmire, Fargo, Midnight Texas)… Imagine: ZAAAAAHN! And Disney+ is sounding amazing. It is indeed partly about the bitterness of pulling all their content. StarTrek.com recently sat down with Sadler for an interview in which he recounted his Trek experiences and updated us on his current projects. Who is going to oversee this “universe” and keep it a coherent whole? But Disney can’t even use the word Marvel in ANY of its theme parks and that contract is indefinite as long as Universal pays on time. Fans would get into these long ethical and political arguments, really struggling with issues like that, which was great to see." Believing itself to be in a temporal arms race, the Daedalus Project was developed in the hopes of gaining a strategic advantage. Not me. No, that has been debunked multiple times. I am not sold on the need for a “Jack Ryan in Space” show in the Star Trek universe, which is what an Alt-Georgiou/Section 31 show sounds like to me. These events ruined the organization's plan to eradicate the Founders. Indeed. The other shows may not be much more than a pitch right now. They hoped to extract information regarding a cure for the virus using Romulan mind probes , however, Sloan activated a neuro-depolarizing device in an attempted suicide . It’s the same with Roswell. The series will be produced by CBS Television Studios, Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts.

Two of the loves in my life – Star Trek and Arsenal FC – are run by absolute imbeciles who have no knowledge or appreciation for them. (What We Left Behind). “You can’t claim that the new kids invented this stuff.” I didn’t claim anything remotely like that. It could have been an issue of clashing ideologies or ways of doing things. Maybe this new series will take advantage of that; Discovery certainly hasn’t.

The guy started a massive world war and killed millions of Jews in the process in the most heinous ways possible. Writing and the audience both became more sophisticated and complex from TNG, Voyager and especially through DS9 where serial story telling and conflict within characters was regularly examined. And, also like Tony Todd and Ron Perlman, Sadler made a mark on the Star Trek universe, appearing in three episodes of Deep Space Nine – “Inquisition,” “Inter Arma Enim Silent Legis” and “Extreme Measures” – as the Section 31 operative Luther Sloan. They announced the new show ahead of Discovery run so it helps build more promotion for Discovery new season and will give everyone a chance to see how they will be portrayed.

Either they actually can, or Georgiou herself, as was hinted at in the deleted scene, winds up appreciating the organization, and their willingness to break rules– moral and legal– in the name of defense. But I wouldn’t be shocked not to see S31 pop up on the new Picard show. Pinochet would not have been given access to classified material. "We design a lot of Gestapo / S.S. / Naziesque outfits for our villains. There’s not one drop of originality in any of the live action projects and TBD on the animated show(s). In the novels, it is additionally revealed that Section 31: Section 31 is also revealed to be responsible for allowing the Dominion to engage in an infamous massacre of Federation civilians during the war, as part of an attempt to recruit a potential agent, Ethan Locken. In the alternate reality, Section 31 was headed by Admiral Alexander Marcus, and had a base located beneath the Kelvin Memorial Archive in London.