Thanks for contacting us. "I lost my sister-in-law Laci and my unborn nephew Connor, and I believe he should remain in prison for the rest of his life without parole.". Anne Bird grew up in an tightly knit family in Southern California. During Laci Peterson's disappearance, Scott Peterson went to live with Bird and her family. "It's very hard to comprehend. Anne Bird, the sister of Scott Peterson, knows firsthand. ", Kruger went on to explain, "A juror may not be dismissed merely because he or she has expressed opposition to the death penalty as a general matter.". "I thought we made a good decision," Greg Beratlis, who was one of the jurors at the 2004 death penalty trial, told Almaguer. "I thought I knew that evidence, and I still think that the fact that he's in there with a guilty verdict is still a miscarriage.". It wasn't an act of rage or emotion, this was actually thought out and planned.". During Laci Peterson's disappearance, Scott Peterson went to live with Bird and her family. Check it out! The prosecution can seek the death penalty again, if they so choose. In Nov. 2004, a jury would convict Peterson of one count of first-degree murder for killing his wife and one count of second-degree murder for killing their unborn son. The two then learned about the existence of their half-brothers. Scott Peterson's death penalty ruling was overturned, but it doesn't mean that he'll be getting out of prison any time soon. Anne Bird, Scott Peterson’s half-sister, is on the circuit, making the rounds, selling her story that she believes Scott Peterson is guilty. . Anne Bird says Peterson is "exactly where he should be" after judges overturned the death penalty but upheld his conviction for killing his wife and unborn child. 211,298, © 2020 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved All Rights Reserved, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Meghan Markle ‘Hated’ Her Royal Dress Code: She’d Rather Wear ‘Sweats’, Kobe Bryant Was a Family Man and Had 4 Daughters With Wife Vanessa, Classy and Sassy! The decision was made because the court agreed that the judge in the original trial made errors in selecting an impartial jury. He thought for sure everyone would want to hit on a stud like him.”. ", Her comments come a day after a California Supreme Court ordered the removal of Peterson's death sentence. Sitemap "I thought we made a good decision," Greg Beratlis, who was one of the jurors at the 2004 death penalty trial, told Almaguer. Watch the full episode of Close-Up by E! Peterson now has plenty of time to get hit on in a California prison, where he is on death row for murdering Laci and their unborn son, Conner.

This story has been shared 1,103,252 times. Who is Anne Bird? 326,280, This story has been shared 211,298 times.

‘You think I should rid of this thing [goatee]?’ ” Peterson’s half-sister Anne Bird writes in “Blood Brother: 33 Reasons My Brother, Scott Peterson, Is Guilty,” excerpted in the new issue of People magazine. Peterson was arrested after girlfriend Amber Frey told police the two were dating a month before Laci Peterson's disappearance and that Peterson had told her his wife was dead.