Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy — the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. The only alternative we have — and I’m talking about the only alternative, not some kind of dilemma, is to redesign our lives based on a new reality that will be with us for many years. The United Kingdom has pledged £425 million to the UNFPA Supplies thematic fund through 2025, representing the largest financial partnership in UNFPA’s history. I created a 10 minute audio exercise to plug you into your authentic self, so you can start living the life you want today . Important sectors of the economy? Like Megan Phelps-Roper’s powerful story of growing up in the Westboro Baptist Church and what it taught her about empathy and the power of curiosity. This... 3. Image courtesy of yce Nicholls, Plan International UK. “In the UK, a culture of shame is having a significant impact on the lives of many girls and young people who menstruate,” said Bekky Ashmore of Plan International UK. “This moment will just be another story someday.” — Stephen Chbosky. Ignoring the advice of scientists or blaming them for holding back the return to normal is simply creating the conditions for a more serious and sustained crisis. “Social media has given communities, and youth, in particular, the power of unity to drive collective change. Learn to authentically love yourself.. ), 83 Benefits of Journaling for Depression, Anxiety, and Stress, 5 Meditation Techniques to Get You Started, Positive Self-Talk: How Talking to Yourself Is a Good Thing, 19 Definitions Of Success You Should Never Ignore, 12 Things High Self-Esteem People Don’t Do, 10 Essential Books on Relationships To Help You Understand Love, How to Resolve Conflict in the Workplace Effectively. But the sooner we understand it, the sooner we can demand that politicians design and implement it, the sooner we can start dealing with it, and the sooner we may realize that, though we don’t yet believe it, the world has changed, before our eyes, in a few months. (And Any Other Time. For many years, I lost that little girl, who loved to write and wander around in the woods and daydream. And this is what we need: Collective behaviour to make changes that make the world a more equal place.”, This policy brief builds on evidence emerging from the review of key policy and legal developments in all countries where female genital mutilation is prevalent, and in particular experiences from the UNFPA-UNICEF Joint Programme on the Elimination of Female Genital Mutilatio. The world today is definitely not a paradise. There will be no return to normality. “Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change.” — Brene Brown. This pandemic goes far beyond masks, hydro-alcoholic gels or lockdowns. I lost her again, that little girl and her black lipstick and love for a good notebook. Sure, but not worth sacrificing lives for. Why You Should Be Scheduling Me Time every day. The process, Mr. Zerbo said, depends on “creating trust between community members and influencers or decision-makers.”, “Influencers are key to transforming norms,” said Nafissatou Diop, UNFPA’s chief of gender and human rights, who spearheaded the new publication. Stories shed light on other perspectives. In other countries, it’s political leaders or elders.”, Plan International UK is working with partners to implement the Let's Talk.