Instead, I was crying because of the traumatic events taking place, and the horror I felt for the main character.

They're soo good. But a few months ago, he’d taken the kids to the aquarium and as they’d stood in front of the shark tank, he’d struck up a conversation with an attractive woman standing next to him. “You did. She didn’t flirt with the guy from the studio, and when he left he didn’t look back. “You must be Katie.”. He gets a nice, clean place, and I get to do the work.” She gave a wry grin. What caught my attention was the latter half part of the book, and the twist at the end (The Sixth Sense much). Just to prove that the relationship is strong enough to survive. I would classify this book as a romantic suspense, or even a suspense in general. Throwing my own words back at me. That wasn’t common—it had happened only twice in the past couple of years when he’d met up with an old army buddy in Raleigh—but he’d come to view Joyce as one of the best things in his life. Once in a while, when he colored with Kristen or fished with Josh, they’d grow quiet and he knew they were missing their mom. A lot of the stuff is practically new.” Lowering the jeans, Jo ran her finger over the stitching on the pockets. This came from someone’s closet. After retrieving a pitcher of sweet tea, she refilled their glasses before returning to the waitress station. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Just a couple of friends, sharing some wine… it wasn’t that special, she knew. It took place in Southport and Long Beach. While I am a big fan of Nicholas Sparks novels, I have to say this was not one of my favorites! She looks beautiful.” Alex squatted down next to her. There's a problem loading this menu right now.

“Yes, but maybe not in the way you’re thinking. “If it’s something you’re going to need regularly, I’d be happy to stock them. This book, I was told by numerous people was different because it was darker, not as. In light of the above, I learned a lot from the way Nicholas Sparks writes and I believe that I could use that in my own personal writings when it comes to writing short stories or even novels. “I take it you live around here?”. She’d waited until she was walking home before breaking down. Working at Ivan’s must be like being on vacation.”, Katie laughed. Kristen did the same. I just need to know what kind you want.”. “I don’t like to date people at work.” Katie pretended to be absorbed in organizing the silverware trays.

And that is a good thing! The book was published in multiple languages including English, consists of 340 pages and is available in Hardcover format. Roger had cooked both kids hamburgers and fries, and they were all sitting at a table in the grill area, though neither of them showed any interest in eating. When she saw him, he offered a friendly wave. From his own experience, Alex knew it was harder than it looked.
As soon as the sun dropped below the horizon, Ivan turned on the propane gas heaters and the coils began to glow like jack-o’-lanterns. Carrying three plates in her left hand and another in her right, she wore jeans and a T-shirt that read Ivan’s: Try Our Fish Just for the Halibut. “Which one is your favorite?”. Or even when it started. Ordinarily, he wouldn’t have given her a second glance.

Alex, sensing her discomfort, began rummaging around behind the counter. “It’s a date.”. She explains that Kevin is a police detective. He was struggling and coughing, and though Alex could still feel the panic in his own system, he had enough presence of mind to know that it probably meant that Josh was going to be okay. His father-in-law had hired her ten years ago and now, in her seventies, she hadn’t showed any signs of slowing down. She didn’t tell Jo that more than once, she’d been caught in the crossfire, and that when she was twelve, she’d been hit with a snow globe that her father had thrown at her mother. Do you have any family around here?

I have thoroughly enjoyed both and would def recommend this one. Katie shrugged, but Jo remained silent, willing her to go on. “Yeah, well.

Sometimes, he felt as though he could barely keep up—making Josh’s lunch and dropping him off at school, ordering from his suppliers, meeting with vendors, and serving the customers, all while keeping Kristen entertained.

When she learns that Alex left the children at her house, she is terrified, knowing that Kevin will hunt her down at her house, putting the children's lives in danger. And for this, Nicholas Sparks, I both love you and hate you. “How do you like Southport? Love prevails. You can see that in how much he loves his kids.”, Katie brought her lips together for a moment. Atlantic City hadn’t been all bad.

I felt the pain of the abusive husband thanks to the descriptions of the physical and mental pain, the love of a single father thanks to the never ending concerns that were straight forward and the ones that were hidden between the lines and that were apparent to me thanks to the sense of reality and the choice of words and how they blend well together, and Alex's love towards Katie. And, as with all of Sparks' book, I found myself tearing up in parts. Since she’d moved in, she’d spent much of her free time on all fours or standing on chairs, doing exactly that. She makes a brake for it but her husband is really good at his job. They were the same questions that Ivan and Melody and Ricky had asked. “There’s not much to tell,” Katie protested, hoping to deflect the line of questioning. The characters, the story itself , and the way it was written . She hustled over and took the order, but didn’t linger at the table trying to make small talk, like Melody did. She had been like them once, a long time ago, for just a moment.

There is no doubt that you can rely on Nicholas Sparks to deliver a warm-hearted, well-written piece of contemporary fiction which combines romance with drama and current community issues. While I’m whining and unpacking and cleaning until my hands are raw.”, “I have to work later.

Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. “You know, I always suspected you were a lot craftier than you let on.

On her steady diet of rice and beans, pasta and oatmeal, she’d lost weight in the past four months. “Not quite. Oh, and look! It drove Josh crazy, but he didn’t seem to have the energy right now to protest. She carried the order back to her section and dropped it off at a table. Check. When a mysterious woman, Katie arrives in the small town of Southport, things change. It provided insight into what she suffered as a wife and endured the painful beatings, how she got away and the measures she took to survive. Kevin, however, is able to drive away. He was glad for that. Katie turned away from the blissful couple, wishing that she could erase her memories forever and never have that feeling again. However, it still managed to rip me apart and them put me back together again... Sorta. “Hi, Miss Katie,” Kristen piped up from her little table. The computer system was great at tracking inventory, but he knew that rows of numbers didn’t always tell the whole story.
Strangely, it hadn’t bothered him. Kristen, too, seemed to notice something different about the woman, because after she left, Kristen had told him that she’d made a new friend and that her name was Miss Katie. And, surprising her, it worked. There were DVDs for rent, various kinds of ammunition, rain jackets and umbrellas, and a small offering of bestselling and classic novels. The restaurant got steadily busier and the stash of money in Katie’s coffee can grew reassuringly thick. Since Katie lives in a tiny, isolated shack in the middle of nowhere, it's a good thing she likes her quirky new neighbor, Jo. Suddenly he felt like a terrible parent again, because he saw that his little girl was crying and afraid and needed him, too, even though she was nestled in Katie’s arms. A dozen seagulls perched on the railing, waiting to dart beneath the tables if someone dropped a scrap of food.