Wayne enjoys pointing out that Stovall's fiddling prowess is, in fact, a return to Runaway June's roots. I wish everyone continued success and happiness. This page was last edited on 7 October 2020, at 19:12. Hannah Mulholland announced her departure from the country music trio, Runaway June last week. "We could barely afford a guitar player! ", As the statement goes on, she says that she hopes fans continue to follow her "creative endeavors and share in what the future has to hold.

[2] Cooke is the lead vocalist and co-wrote Tyler Farr's top 40 hit "Better in Boots", and Mulholland is the low harmony vocalist and mandolin player,[3] and Wayne on high harmony. Wayne, 38, recalls about the fateful conversation she had with Cooke. For British children's author, see, "2018 Nominees - Academy Of Country Music Awards - CBS.com", "Country Trio Runaway June Talks Football Fandom, Family Ties to John Wayne & Those Inevitable Dixie Chicks Comparisons", "Runaway June Announces Plans for Their Self-Titled Debut EP", "[Listen] Runaway June's Catchy New Single "Buy My Own Drinks" Will Leave You Feeling Empowered", "Carrie Underwood Announces The Cry Pretty Tour 360 With All-Female Bill: See the Dates", "Runaway June Announce Sophomore Album, 'Blue Roses, "Runaway June Announces Release of Debut Album, "Blue Roses, "Hannah Mulholland Departs Runaway June: "It Is Bittersweet, But I Am Excited to Continue to Evolve & Grow, "Natalie Stovall Joins Runaway June to Replace Hannah Mulholland", "Top 10 Country Albums Sales Chart: October 21, 2019", "Runaway June – EP by Runaway June on Apple Music", "Runaway June – Chart history (Country Songs)", "Runaway June – Chart history (Country Airplay)", "Everything to Know About the CMT Awards, Country Music's Biggest Night", "Runaway June: Why All-Women Tour Lineups Shouldn't Be a Novelty", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Runaway_June&oldid=982376007, Wikipedia articles with MusicBrainz identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. ", She continues, "Jen and I have nothing but love for Hannah. 36 on the Top Country Albums chart,[10] and No. In truth, the decision was even narrower than that, both women say, because only one "someone new" came to mind: Natalie Stovall, the gifted solo artist and fiddler who's earned a loyal following — and Nashville esteem — even though a national breakthrough has somehow eluded her over her lengthy career. "Sometimes you don't even have time to think about that when you're going as fast as we've been going. Wayne's friendship with Stovall extends back to 2014 when Wayne worked for Stovall's label at the time, and the two traveled together on a radio tour.

"As a lot of people have done, Hannah started to reevaluate what was important to her. "Our great team, supportive label, amazing fans, and all of our champions at country radio. "Something that really impressed me about our conversations was the encouragement to embrace my individuality, because that was something I needed to talk about," Stovall says. "There are a number of beautiful, talented, hungry, hard-working young women in town," says Cooke, 30, "but finding someone who knows what it's like to be on the road, who knows the difficulty of life on the road, who knows what it's like to work with a crew of guys ... Natalie knows. Turns out the decision was a no-brainer. RELATED: Runaway June's Jennifer Wayne Reveals She Was 'Rocked' by Coronavirus — and Will Be Donating Plasma. ", A larger-than-life presence on stage, Stovall says she also asked for — and received — assurances she wouldn't have to squeeze into a new mold. Appreciation is surely Stovall's byword these days as she embraces her new role. We have spent 5 years chasing dreams, climbing mountains, conquering things we never imagined possible, and having lots of fun along the way. [4] They released their self-titled debut EP in September 2018,[5] which featured the singles "Wild West" and "Buy My Own Drinks.

"—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory. "This life is not for everyone. After the band formed in 2015, their first recordings prominently featured fiddle solos, but they were eventually dropped. [8] "Buy My Own Drinks," which served as the lead-off single, is included on the album alongside three other songs from their previous EP release. The group is signed to Wheelhouse Records, an imprint of Broken Bow Records. They were nominated for an Academy of Country Music Award for Best New Vocal Group in 2018.

A post shared by Hannah Mulholland (@hannahsmusic) on May 14, 2020 at 12:01pm PDT. Now, Runaway June's Naomi Cooke, Jennifer Wayne, and Mulholland's replacement, Natalie Stovall, are sharing further details surrounding the split. "Are we going to be a duo — or do we find someone new?" "There was no drama.". The trio also is enjoying early reaction to "We Were Rich," a nostalgic song about appreciating life's simple, priceless treasures — a message, the women believe, that has special resonance in the midst of  COVID-19 (which Wayne herself recovered from in April). An uncredited review from Taste of Country praised the "original premise" and vocal harmonies. They were nominated for an Academy of Country Music Award for Best New Vocal Group in 2018. You guys have changed my life forever. But would Stovall say yes? I've dreamt these dreams since I was 5 years old, and I feel so fortunate to have gotten these chances and been a part of this incredible journey. What truly set her in Wayne and Cooke's sights was the chemistry the three already shared. We support that, and we want her to be happy. "I'm the luckiest person in the world, during a world pandemic," she says, "because I got to join them.".

Cooke and Wayne founded the group in 2015 with third vocalist Hannah Mulholland, who quit in 2020 and was replaced by Stovall. Now, Runaway June's Naomi Cooke, Jennifer Wayne, and Mulholland's replacement, Natalie Stovall, are sharing further details surrounding the split. Singing harmonies is another love of mine, and so now I get to do that in a much bigger capacity. Stovall quickly puts the question to rest. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. "I think Hannah felt homesick and disconnected from her family for a while," Cooke adds. Stovall, meanwhile, has been DMing "attagirls" to the group for years. Love to you all. "Literally, that was it," Wayne tells PEOPLE. Both Cooke and Wayne consider a band relationship a "marriage," and they're open about how, like some other bands, group therapy is a regular part of their professional lives. [2] The song was released in 2016 via Broken Bow Records' Wheelhouse Records imprint.