The electric guitar was a new toy once, as were keyboards, as were pianos. Some songs just appear, just as if they were always in existence, and I just stumbled on them. Roger David Glover ou tout simplement Roger Glover naît à Brecon, Pays de Galles le 30 novembre 1945. Auteur : Johnny Clegg / Compositeurs : Bobby Summerfield, Auteur : Walther Gallay / Compositeurs : Alain Pérusini - Nicolaï Quintero - Yuri Quintero / Autres contributeurs : Rock Revolution Records, Auteur : Walther Gallay / Compositeurs : Walther Gallay - Alain Pérusini - Nicolaï Quintero - Yuri Quintero / Autres contributeurs : Rock Revolution Records, Auteur : Catherine Ringer / Compositeurs : Fred Chichin / Autres contributeurs : D.R, Auteur : Walther Gallay / Compositeurs : Walther Gallay / Autres contributeurs : Rock Revolution Records, The Butterfly Ball and the Grasshopper's Feast, Rain Man: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, Accéder à la fiche album complète (16 titres), Accéder à la fiche album complète (29 titres), The Butterfly Ball and the Grasshopper's Feast (Deluxe Edition), Accéder à la fiche album complète (40 titres), Accéder à la fiche album complète (20 titres), Accéder à la fiche album complète (10 titres), Accéder à la fiche album complète (18 titres), Accéder à la fiche album complète (14 titres). ​And it feels unreal to me. Roger Glover “The Mask” Latest comments. Most people write the songs before they go in the studio, we write them after we’ve been in the studio. For their third collaboration, Ezrin invited Ian Gillan, Roger Glover, Ian Paice, Steve Morse, and Don Airey back to Nashville, where Deep Purple recorded 2013’s Now What?! I bought an ARP-2600 and I was playing with that when I was doing Elements. I know how it happened, but somehow it’s taken on a complete life of its own, that’s nothing to do with me. And Jaco Pastorius, they’re just wonderful, wonderful bass players. Why not? was putting the Deep back in Purple. I used to know music when I was a kid. So, that’s maybe a little prescient. I think we did a little tour with them with Cozy Powell. A little forward-thinking, but we didn’t know it at the time. Roger Glover explains how Deep Purple continues to evolve musically after half a century together. And I guess that’s the magic. It’s a strange way to write songs, I know. I just want to keep working until we don’t anymore. I wouldn’t say that was evil. Since the ’80s, I was in Rainbow, then back in Purple, and I don’t have that time. Il a répondu par l’affirmative : Oui, ça l’a été. You don’t want to become a parody of your past, you always have to move along, and do new things. is a timeless timepiece. A year or two above us, there was another band, and I was so impressed with them I said, “We’ve got to get a band together.” There were three guitarists, one had an electric guitar, a real electric guitar, so naturally, he became the lead guitarist. Don Airey is that kind of musician and John Lord is that kind of musician. So, we all shared everything.​ It didn’t last that way. The Butterfly Ball and the Grasshopper's Feast, The Millenium Collection: The Best of Rainbow, Winning Combinations: Deep Purple and Rainbow, https://fr.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Roger_Glover&oldid=173020012, Catégorie Commons avec lien local identique sur Wikidata, Article de Wikipédia avec notice d'autorité, Portail:Biographie/Articles liés/Culture et arts, licence Creative Commons attribution, partage dans les mêmes conditions, comment citer les auteurs et mentionner la licence. We all help each other out. So, we persevered through it. “Deep Purple,” “Stardust,” “Twist and Shout,” “I Want to Hold Your Hand,” “Stairway to Heaven.” Very few songs reach the level of iconography as “Smoke on the Water,” and you came up with the phrase. Technology changes everything because technology is basically a list of new toys, and people are always looking for new toys. To a small insect, they live only a day or two. ​I suppose any other band would say, “Right, we can’t do this.” But we did it. Il restera membre du groupe jusqu'en 1973. Son premier groupe s'appelle les Madison qui formeront en 1963, après une fusion avec les Lightnings, un autre groupe du même lycée que celui de Glover, Episode Six. The advance press on the album said Whoosh! And every time Ian Paice hit a drum, it was like Blue Man Group, a fountain came up from it. I listen to bass players from a different point of view if they’re good. And when we arrived at the gig, the crowd was soaking wet. Le 7 juin 1969, Ian Gillan enregistre avec Deep Purple le single Hallelujah (à l'insu de Nick Simper et Rod Evans) et Roger Glover est convoqué comme musicien de studio. Mind you, I wasn’t in the band then, I’d left the band. The new lineup premiered with the 1970 studio album Concerto for Group, which was recorded with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. Sergey on Contact; WILLIAM MILLS on Site info; Rex Wave on Site info; Vince on Roger Glover “The Mask” Gabriela on Contact; Most read. Ezrin is credited with playing keyboards. Dans les années 80 il a joué une Tune, une Steinberger ou une Vigier Passion. The subtleties of what you play when you’re actually live with others, it’s different to what you do on your own. Gillan rejoined for the album The Battle Rages On…, which saw the end of Blackmore’s tenure. He is the TV Editor at Entertainment…, WWE Raw Brings New Announce Team, Inconsistent Results, WWE Raw Results: Ric Flair Gets Emotional, Punted by Randy Orton, New Deep Purple Album Whoosh! I remember working, we were doing the first Rainbow album, we were doing it in a castle in France, an 11th-century castle. It was great. And I was on the balcony of the hotel looking at this spectacle and it all came from those four words. Does that make for a more democratic Deep Purple? We all respect each other. Vers les années 1990 (1991), en France, une marque de sirop associe son image avec la chanson Love is all, et un spot publicitaire reprenant les images du clip officiel. ​I’m not that kind of musician, that I can just write bunches of stuff. But, how evil have you ever really gotten? How do I take that in? How does it feel to be in the upper echelon of the upper echelon? La dernière modification de cette page a été faite le 17 juillet 2020 à 21:49. Why did you move to the bass? Did the band mock Ian Gillan when he tried to make Andrew Lloyd Webber cool? ​It’s usually when the album has been all recorded instrumentally that Ian Gillan and I go off on our own somewhere for a couple of weeks and we write the words. ​With COVID-19, what is the status of the Wish Tour? But I’m not a keyboard player. It’s only that it’s becoming apparent. When I left the band, and Gillan left the band, it changed. Day by day, you never know what’s going to happen. And the other one could play power chords, and he knew lots of chords. But writing songs about cars and girls, which we did in our 20s, seems slightly inappropriate now. Everyone liked to go exploring unknown worlds and smashing hotel rooms up and going crazy. and 2017’s inFinite. Do you think the recording technology has changed metal as much as it has other genres? Ses parents tiennent à Londres un pub où jouent fréquemment des groupes de rock. There was a roof over the stage which didn’t mean anything because the rain was coming in at such a low angle it was almost horizontal. You’ve got Jack Bruce and various people. Guitariste et claviériste de renom, il est passé par différentes formations avant de trouver sa place. The planet will last a lot longer than human people will, and there’s a possibility of course, that we’ll become extinct. I’m a huge fan, and listening to the way he played bass was mind-blowing to me. Yes, it changed everything, but it wasn’t for us. !, he said, “Stretch out a bit. About four, five years ago, we did the Montreux Jazz Festival. It’s been the same ever since. Deep Purple pulled James Gang guitarist Tommy Bolin, who died of an overdose in 1976. Are you always lyrically on the same page? On the song “What the What,” Ian sings you’re “celebrating the fact that you’re still alive.” Was that the vibe of the band when you got together for this album? No, not at all. I don’t want us to end, actually. ​When digital music came along, and drum machines, and synthesizers, and sampling. Songs come from life. It’s just one way to express and write tunes. And I knew it was him, no one else would do that. Out of necessity. Richie was into séances at the beginning of the band, but that’s about it.