A: You don’t go into it looking at it like that, but it doesn’t surprise you at all. The Yankees apparently asked the Mariners to kick in cash to help cover the remainder of Cano’s heavy contract and they refused. Let’s hear your takes in the comments! No surprises here, with Rose and Carew atop the list. MLBTR Originals New York Mets Rebound Candidate Robinson Cano, By TC Zencka | February 29, 2020 at 10:08am CDT, Jayson Werth was not surprised when his bromantic partner Bryce Harper signed with the Phillies exactly a year ago yesterday, per Jim Salisbury of NBC Sports Philadelphia. The Broncos brought in Bortles for depth behind Brett Rypien and Jeff Driskel after Lock got hurt. Privacy Notice Dozier is batting sixth in tonight’s lineup against lefty Patrick Corbin, but the makings of a natural platoon with the left-handed-hitting Gimenez are present. — he is owed $120 million over the next five seasons. But as Dipoto “reimagines” his roster, he isn’t simply mulling the idea of moving Canó. Still, Martin isn’t giving up the possibility of winning a job at second base or in a utility role. Taking Bortles’ place on [more]. Yeah. That was a long ride. He walked in my office one morning and said: “Hey, you can do this. The Cowboys entered the season with high expectations with the addition of Super Bowl-winning coach Mike McCarthy, but now, after Dak Prescott‘s season-ending surgery, the sky has fallen. The reshaping of the Seattle Mariners roster that has started this offseason would reportedly include a trade of star infielder Robinson Cano if general manager Jerry Dipoto gets his way. Everybody thought he was some guy with a hot temper, which he could be, and some cartoon character. He played smart and with obvious boyhood joy. Teofimo Lopez looking to dethrone experienced Vasiliy Lomachenko in much-anticipated Las Vegas fight, A word about the Yankees and pending free agent Didi Gregorius, The Big Bang Theory Looks Like In Real Life, Jerry Jones on Dak Prescott’s injury: We should adjust expectations, James Wiseman considered the ‘most likely’ selection for Warriors. An eight-time All-Star at second base who starred for the New York Yankees from 2005 to 2013, Cano reportedly was happy to return to New York and waived his no-trade … Place Dishwasher Tablets In Your Shower, See Why, Fantasy Football Week 6: Players to start or sit, Broncos cut Blake Bortles, promote Sylvester Williams from practice squad. I had him in the Instructional League, and he was our best center fielder. He had been on the injured list with a left adductor strain. You get overly cautious or you go, ‘Hell, I’m going for it.’ I took the path of, ‘Hell, I’m going for it.’ The challenge was gonna be to let those young players go through the growing pains without Mr. Steinbrenner getting completely frustrated and want to get rid of ’em. For the decade, Clemente hit .328/.375/.501. Only Mike Trout, Miguel Cabrera, Chase Utley, Adrian Beltre and Albert Pujols have bettered Cano in that category. The trade is the biggest of the 84 deals made by Dipoto since he took over in Seattle in 2015, and it is an aggressive first move made by new Mets GM Brodie Van Wagenen, who was Cano's agent when Seattle signed the longtime Yankees star to a 10-year, $240 million deal in 2014. When Cano left New York, it was a huge blow to the Yankees offense and they haven't returned to or won a World Series since. 5 years ago, you welcomed me to your city and embraced me from day one. In that old story, a boy asks his father for his inheritance and then travels the world living lavishly, only to return destitute and lost, expecting to beg for another chance. There’s no way the Yankees want to get stuck in this situation again. They know who they’re not. It worked out well for everybody. 2020 NBA offseason: Which Celtics players are most likely to leave team? So I go back to the hotel that night, I was getting ready to go to bed, it’s about one o’clock in the morning, I hear this noise. Stuck At Home? After all, he was one of the NL’s best position players last year. According to Mike Schmitz of ESPN, citing agents and executives around the league, James Wiseman is considered to be the most likely pick for the Warriors if they hold onto the pick.