Stay away from larger gears as it’ll just add to the struggle and drain your energy, Remain in the saddle as it puts less strain on your cardiovascular system (at least that’s what I hear), Practice hills as often as you can – it’s the best way to improve. Richmond Park is one of the biggest green spaces in London, and is famous for its resident deer population. Richmond is only 20 minutes away from London Waterloo Station. No need to overdo it though; the park has several quality pubs nearby, including The Hand & Flower, The New Inn, and the Lass O’Richmond Hill. There are endless paths and cycleways throughout the park, making a casual stroll or bike ride easy to do. I’m laughing at your comment about people having zoom lens and still taking pictures that close! Now I am extra sad I did not go as it looks so magical! Find out more. I also love how excited you got about seeing the deer- here where I live I see them so much I don’t even really pay attention anymore , I can just picture that whole scene Kavey!@@. We travel for amazing food experiences. This place looks like a WAY different spot to visit. Unless you’re lucky enough to live in one of the salubrious neighbourhoods nearby, it’ll require a bit of a journey, so here’s the Secret London guide into turning it into a bit of a day-trip, whatever you’re into. From the alleys to the river, it will provide you with a good overview of things to do and see in the neighborhood. Must have been quite a sight. Just inside Richmond Park, on the tail-end of Queen’s Road. It’s almost as if you have a personalised starting block, with a bike marker and a well-placed traffic light. From the station, go directly out the front and catch the number 371 or 65 bus to the pedestrian gate at Petersham. A much easier page and plenty of things to explore and discover. Love your walking guides, followed yours for Hampstead a few years sgo, Your email address will not be published. There are a lucky few who live in quite grand houses within the grounds of various Royal Parks. Only a short journey from Richmond Hill Hotel, Kew Gardens opens up amazing sights. The home of England Rugby, and the largest dedicated rugby union venue in the world, seating up to 82,000 people. Rise to new heights with an elevation that reveals a stunning view of London's prestigious north end. The best things to do in Richmond Park and the surrounding area. And yes, I know that anyone who’s from the north will tell you how feeble these hills are compared to the likes of the Peak District and the Highlands (I should know, I’m from Scotland! On the other side of Highgate Cemetery, conveniently. But they couldn’t fly yet so it was a case of each one taking a brave leap and falling down to the ground, somehow unhurt and then racing to catch up with mum! Explore the wonderful Richmond Park and the River Thames just a short distance from Richmond Hill Hotel. Dark hill is nothing compared to Nightingale Lane also in Richmond…. The view from Richmond Terrace, adjacent to the hotel, has now been officially protected and recognised as one of London's treasures. I recently quit my teaching job because I’ll be leaving on a round the world trip. « Why you should stay at the Hilton Malta St Julians, Looking for pubs in Richmond London? What an amazing time Howard, thanks so much for taking the time to tell us all of that. You can spend some time walking up and down The Green and in the park itself if you want to. Back on t’tother side of the river, if you’re going to try Swains Lane and Highgate Hill, you may as well try Highgate West Hill too and claim the full set. There is no shortage of places to eat and drink with something to suit every budget and palate, from pub grub to Michelin menus. Created by the third Earl of Burlington as an experiment to display his art and book collections. You can even hire a bike from Parkcycle near the Roehampton Gate; it’s £20-£30 for three hours, depending on the time of year. Otherwise, take a long lens and do your best David Attenborough impression. I did manage to capture it though as proof it can be seen from here. But if you’re training for an event or you just want to keep fit over the colder months, these short bursts are an easy way to score a high intensity workout. Walk a short distance to Church Court. Ah I was supposed to go to Richmond park with my friend when I visited London but I didn’t stay long enough for her to take me. The days the zone will be in operation are sign-posted well in advance at the zone … Richmond Park – A great place to visit outside London, Take in the special views from King Henry’s Mound, Relax around the lakes and watch the wildlife. Church Street North, Richmond Hill, ON L4C 3E6. Marble Hill House and Park. Make a donation to the park. Argh. There must be a reason they choose Sydenham hill to put the transmitter mast on! When large crowds are expected on an event day, the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames introduces the 'Twickenham Event Zone' also known as Controlled Parking Zone R. This is a one-day controlled parking zone around the Twickenham stadium. We are only 15 minutes away from this elegant building and gardens. With the aid of a telescope, you can see through the keyhole and St Paul’s Cathedral in the distance. Learn how your comment data is processed. It is also an enclosed natural reserve, with perimeter walls and large, ornate gates. Routes broomfield, highgate, hills, muswell, richmond park, swain's lane, For a short but sharp one look at Vanbrugh Hill. One of the links in this blog post is an affiliate link. Try and stay at least 50 metres away, though, especially during May-July when mama does are fiercely protecting their babies, and in the autumn when the male deer get especially lairy with one another in the hopes of impressing the ladies. (905) 771-8870. There’s certainly plenty to see, some of which lies hidden even to those who have lived here their whole life.